• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sweepers

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I haven't played in so long but I remember I used to use Mixmence and Choice Band Infernape depending on the team. I can't entirely remember who I paired them up with but I do know I got efficient use out of them.

P

PokemonGanon

I am a huge fan of using dragonite as a sweeper with dragon dance because it gives me a chance to use my favorite pokemon...and if they send out an ice-type on PO , I can just use a fire-punch on them.

Currently working on a special sweeper setup for a Latios myself (Hasty nature, hidden power = Grass).

So far, I have this potential setup:

252 SP atk, 252 speed, 4HP
Focus Sash
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-PsyShock
-Dragon Pulse

Suggestions are welcome, I'm only just stepping back into the competitive after a semi-decent run a few years back in gen IV so I'm also looking for team suggestions.

I have came up with a new sweeper and I really enjoy using it, it works most of the time.

Pokémon: Omastar
Ability: weak Armor
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset: Shell Smash, Ice Beam, Ancientpower, Surf

Obviously using Shell Smash first will increase Speed and Attack Power and even if you are attacked, you will survive thanks to the focus sash and if you are attacked by a physical move your speed will increase thanks to weak armor. Yes you may lose defense, but you'll probably be fast and powerful enough to 1-hit KO a Pokémon unless they use a first priority move or you're attacks are not very effective. Since alot of people use dragons and Volcaronas, it's just fun defeating them with one hit.

I haven't played Competitive Pokemon in too long. Allow me to pull up some of my teams and try to remember some of my favorite sweepers.

Poison Heal Gliscor is a must-have for any Sandstorm Team. It heals itself without the need for a heal move, so it frees up its moveset for some set up and attack moves. Here's mine:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Chlorophyll Venusaur is another must-have, this one for Sunny Day teams. Throw max Speed EVs at it, attatch Chlorophyll and you have a sweeper that can outspeed almost the entire game without a set up. If you can manage to get a Venomoth Baton Pass, you can have +6 Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense going in, and can be basically unstoppable. Hidden Power Fire really packs a punch with the Sun. Here's mine. Note, most Chlorophyll Venusaurs have Growth (+1 Atk, +1 SpA) instead of Synthesis (Heals 2/3 HP in sun) but I prefer to have my Venomoth set up for my Venusaur. Here's the set:

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis​

I'd be interested in seeing everyone else's sweepers. Normally my teams revolve around the Sweeper, and I really just copy/paste them from other people and fixate on Supports. I'm great at making my own supports, but some tips on sweepers would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom