• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SW: Battlefront

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So EA is releasing the battlefront beta/demo today at 1pm EST. It'll run for 5 days I believe on the PC, Xbox and PS.

Who plans on downloading the beta today and for what platform?

Also just a general SW Battlefront thread. ***** about lack of campaign or space battles here.

As for me, I'll download it on my Xbox One today. I have unlimited Internet so maybe I'll download it for PC tmrw to see how my gtx 760 and i5-4th Gen stack up (recommended specs are 6th Gen i5 and a gtx 960 and 16gb ram iirc... like holy ****).

Also I'm saddened by the occlusion of space battles and campaign. SW Battlefront 2 had both and was a phenomenal game. Playing as the 501st during the clone wars and galactic civil war was bad ass.

So who will be playin the game today and what platform? Feel free to drop gamer tags too if you want to play with other ZDers.
My xbl gt is AoR Grim. I'll be on tonight around 8ish est.

Mido

Version 1
I completely forgot that the beta was releasing today!

I am still hesitant about actually purchasing the game, given all the removals such as no space battles and what not. However, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to download the beta and experience the game! Unfortunately I cannot download the beta right away, however!.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'm waiting on getting a good PC before I play it, which will probably not happen until summer of next year.....
Though... I am not really interested in playing Star Wars: Battlefield.
That practically all that Star Wars Battlefront 3 is at this point. Battlefield is a pretty good series, but really?! They took out pretty much all of the prior 2 games concepts and mechanics that made the SW:Battlefront series unique, amazing, and enjoyable.

I will wait for true judgement, however, until the full game releases and I see the game in action.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dont have access to an xbox one at the moment. I'd like to try the game but am hesitant about wether I will get it or not without a campaign.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So I played some yesterday. Looks great but thats it.
The gameplay feels reminiscent of Battlefront 1 and 2 which is great but overall the experience is lackluster. Its fun because it is Star Wars. Thats it.
Survival mode is a horde gametype. It got stale pretty fast with the only time I got nervous was when an AT-ST came at me, and even then I just outmanoeuvred it by taking the high ground and slowly blasting it with my blaster and grenade launcher.
Walker Assualt is the funnest by far. 20v20 battle on Hoth as rebels defend uplinks that allow Y-wings to bomb the AT-ATs and the Empire races to the rebels' base and shield generator. It needs to be tweaked, and balanced, but its still a good time.
Drop Zone was pretty lackluster. Pretty much a King of the Hill gametype. Spawns are total crap. The game would constantly spawn me and some members of my team on the other side of the map even when we controlled the drop zone. Hard to reinforce an area when it takes you almost 20-30 seconds to run back after you die. This gametype is so frustrating but also still fun. But mostly frustrating.

Playing the game made me really miss the original games, playing during not only the Galactic civil war, but also during the clone wars, or playing space battles.
Compared to that, this game seems halfbaked. Granted its only a demo, only 3 modes and 3 maps are available but it justifies my opinion that this game isn't a day 1 buy for me, especially because the game is 79.99 here in Canada.

Hopefully it comes out to EA Access in a year or so.

Djinn

and Tonic
I only played a little bit of this the other night. Actually after about half an hour I wanted to go back and replay the first one again.

The game itself was okay but still missing a lot. I agree on the spawn points. They were really not so helpful. Sniper rifle seems a little too good at points. I was doing decent damage to vehicles with it after a while. But it was making the game a bit stale just sniping everything. I never got the hang of flying in the parts that I played. Still hoping for more vehicles on release.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I played some of the demo. It was okay. I'm probably going to get the full version. Maybe it doesn't have everything I wanted it to have, but it's not a total disappointment. One of my issues with it was that the controls felt a bit awkward. I'm not really sure how to explain it. They just didn't seem.... right, somehow.

I had two major technical problems. On the first day I had a lot of trouble joining a session. It searched and searched and never would let me join one, and when it found one, most of the time it just split me off into my own instead of letting me join. That problem seemed to vanish later that night and hasn't been back since. The other issue is if you go back to your home screen and do something else for a while and come back, the demo will have logged you out and when you go to reconnect it will not let you. You have to completely close the demo and reopen it to be able to connect again.

I was excited about it until I saw game play and read all the details. It's about as simple and generic as a shooter can get these days, with an extremely low skill ceiling and not much end game replayablity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom