• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Survivor Season 2 Comod Requests and General Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hello!

After the success of Survivor Season 1 on ZD, there was a lot of stuff that was needed to be improved. Many of these things sound like they'd take a lot of extra thought and planning and time, so I have decided to make this as early as I could.

I am searching for a Co-Jeff at the moment. This person will be the Jeff if I am ever not able to be the Jeff, and will also be in charge of planning the entire game with me. I believe Domo showed interest, but I don't yet know if Domo has confirmed with me. If yes, then the spot is full. If no, then I still need a Co-Jeff.

I am also in need of Challenge Ideas, and brainpower to find a way to have every time zone equally included (The last game, anyone not in a certain couple zones was basically absent for all challenges).

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and just because you added input doesn't mean you can't play when the time comes. This is not a sign up. The game is pretty far back in line. The Co-Jeff and I will deliberate privately on the best challenge ideas and approaches to solving game issues from the previous game to leave the surprise of what's in the game a secret.

If you weren't around, didn't participate, or don't know about ZD Survivor, you should check the rules and look at the game thread (Closer towards the end is when the game really started picking up), and you may want to watch an episode of Survivor (CBS every Wednesday night at 8pm PST) to get the feel for the show this is based on.

Thank you.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If Domo doesn't want to or can't co-mod with you, I'm up to the task. I really enjoyed Survivor on ZD, thought it was a ton of fun.

And I think the biggest problems stem from time zones and time limitations in general. A lot of the challenges were based on who could do what first. When it really started affecting me was near the end, and remember logging on to see the new challenge only to see it was already completed.

It's super difficult trying to create challenges not based on accomplishing a task first, especially on a forum. But I think that avoiding these time based challenges is a step to making the game more accessible to people who have busier lives or live in a different time zone (lame ass Europeans).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Maybe do something like fanart competitions? Have players vote in secret on which piece of art they think is the best (they can't choose their own)?
The trivia and quizzes were great ideas, that could definitley be worked into something non-time based?
Maybe for the final 3 or 4 try to get everyone together for like one hour specifically and complete a challenge all within that hour (inb4 we have Pen, Tristan, and Zachie in the final 3, destroying all known laws of time zones)?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Domo is in @Doc

If things change, you will be the one I go to first.
Great, just means I get to play Season 2 again :cool:

I was thinking of competition ideas, and was thinking that for some later game challenges could be something similar to "Q & A" could be useful. According to the Wiki, that's a reward challenge (which was not used in ZD Survivor), so the rules could be altered a little bit to make it like an immunity challenge. And to clarify, this would be something like the tribe individually fill out a questionnaire about who's most likely to do X" or something. I don't know, I don't watch the show.

Similarly, a "Know Your Tribe" challenge would also be a good trivia challenge. Where you ask personality or opinion questions to players and later players would have to guess what that person answered. Something along the lines of "What did Deku say his favorite color was?"

I think people are less likely to get perfect scores in challenges like these, so they don't have to rely on a time limit to find a victor. And if there are any ties, I'd suggest a tie breaker question that revolves around a number. Closest number without exceeding the answer wins? (Thats how Big Brother, the far superior show, does it. I'm sure Survivor is probably the same way)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I was thinking of competition ideas, and was thinking that for some later game challenges could be something similar to "Q & A" could be useful. According to the Wiki, that's a reward challenge (which was not used in ZD Survivor), so the rules could be altered a little bit to make it like an immunity challenge. And to clarify, this would be something like the tribe individually fill out a questionnaire about who's most likely to do X" or something. I don't know, I don't watch the show.

Similarly, a "Know Your Tribe" challenge would also be a good trivia challenge. Where you ask personality or opinion questions to players and later players would have to guess what that person answered. Something along the lines of "What did Deku say his favorite color was?"

I like this idea a lot. It involves something that they already do on Survivor every once in a while and adds a challenge where the timezones don't matter.

Sometimes in that challenge, they have it to where when someone gets a question right they get to chop a rope/smash an pot of another contestant. And when all of your ropes/pots have been smashed you're eliminated. Which could possibly be used for a different challenge to negate the timezone problem. If you could figure out a way to make it fair.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
A very good idea. I will look into what I can do to make a challenge similar (Or maybe not. Ya gotta keep them players in the dark).

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
This idea may be really stressful to me and my co-jeff, but hundreds of questions that would take a really long time to figure out and a certain date to see who can finish the most could possibly work... Maybe not ideal, but a thought

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
If you want we could, like, try to hold a team Master Quiz on the podcast. Would be a helluva time scheduling, but could be a good time and provide awareness for the games existence.

Reactions: Pen

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
A few ideas for challenges I've seen that don't require being first

-difficult riddles
-high scores on crappy flash games
-ms paint drawing

For the second one in particular a good one would be the race from gerudo valley to the lost woods in oot, or the race in ALBW. there are lots of Zelda minigamesthat reward skill and practice instead of "LUL first"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom