• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Survivor "Mafia"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That seems really convoluted lol. I'm placing my vote based on who I think played a better game overall (as in won more challenges, contributed more throughout, made good plays, etc.). That's the person who "deserves" to win, at least the way I see it.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think I've made my decision and am ready to vote. Tristan's question and their responses answered any questions I may have had.

D

Deleted member 14134

You're saying that each jury member votes based on their own ideals and preferences on what they consider to be the best way to play and therefore most deserving to win. Am I on the right track.

Night Owl

~Momentai
giphy.gif

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The Results:

Bok
Bok
Bok

The winner of Survivor:
Bok

@Spider-Bok is the Sole Survivor! Congratulations, Bok. You earned all three of the jury votes.

It is now postgame.
Before you all abandon me here, I still have a few more questions about this game that I'd like all participants to answer. I also still have every single conversation made so you are all filled in, but those will take a while.

@Spider-Bok
@funnier6
@Doc
@Minish_Link
@Tristan
@Musicfan
@kokirion
@karu
@Stormageden747
@DekuNut

All PM conversations will be revealed momentarily. Please answer these few questions about the game:

1- On a scale of 1-10 how interesting was the idea?

2- On a scale of 1-10 how well was the idea executed?

3- Anything I could improve upon next time?

4- How often should these Survivor games happen? Should there be another season at all?

5- Do you think this could be a community competition with a badge and sig award? If so, should we get Bok one this season? If so if so, would you be willing to make one?

6- How was I at being a Jeff?

7- Any other thoughts, concerns, questions, ect?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
1. I'm gonna go ahead and give this a 10 in terms of interesting. While I am not the biggest fan of Survivor's structure on how players are sent home, I think this was a great take on creating a ZD version. Things worked and it was interesting.

2. For execution, I'd give it around a 7 or 8. I would have preferred to see challenges that were less time sensitive. As we saw, challenges could be over within 20 minutes before some players were aware of what the challenge was. We also saw a few players take NO part in competitions because of time zone differences and didn't have the opportunity.

3. See above. Competitions could probably be tweaked a little to make them more accessible to people of all time zones.

4. I really enjoyed this and hope to see a second season, but think there should be a good amount of time before the next one. Maybe an annual thing, in order to keep interest?

5. I say why not? But don't give Bok one. Never give him anything.

6. Ya nailed it.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm not gonna answer all the questions lol. The game was really interesting and Bok deserved to win.

The challenges were the weak point in the game. Following the word scramble one, all of the challenges were bad in my opinion. Those aren't the type of challenges I expected or have seen on the show. The Zelda answers one I thought was a bit unfair at the end when it just became a contest to who can copy the other persons answer the fastest, basically a typing competition. Then later there were two actual typing competitions. :shrugs: I think you should get a co mod or something to help construct good challenges with you.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh, but I found myself cringing a bit reading some of the challenges and how some of them played out. The execution could have been much better and I hope your next game will take all of this into mind.

Either way, I enjoyed spectating. I wish I had been able to watch the private chats, the dramatic irony is a big part of survivor I guess.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This was definitely an interesting game. And a nice break from traditional mafia. I wouldn't mind seeing this being an annual or biannual thing.

Congrats Bok, your plays in this game were honestly brilliant.

I'll say more later, in class rn.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I agree, the challenges could've been a little bit better. I thought the use of the arcade section was a good one though. Next time I think it'd be great to have a co mod to help construct interesting challenges that are new and will work for everyone.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Perhaps next time use quicktopic instead of PMs so anybody who wants to can view, and just hide them in a private discord channel or something. Makes it more fun for spectators.

funnier6

Courage~
The Results:

Bok
Bok
Bok

The winner of Survivor:
Bok

@Spider-Bok is the Sole Survivor! Congratulations, Bok. You earned all three of the jury votes.

It is now postgame.
Before you all abandon me here, I still have a few more questions about this game that I'd like all participants to answer. I also still have every single conversation made so you are all filled in, but those will take a while.

@Spider-Bok
@funnier6
@Doc
@Minish_Link
@Tristan
@Musicfan
@kokirion
@karu
@Stormageden747
@DekuNut

All PM conversations will be revealed momentarily. Please answer these few questions about the game:

1- On a scale of 1-10 how interesting was the idea?

2- On a scale of 1-10 how well was the idea executed?

3- Anything I could improve upon next time?

4- How often should these Survivor games happen? Should there be another season at all?

5- Do you think this could be a community competition with a badge and sig award? If so, should we get Bok one this season? If so if so, would you be willing to make one?

6- How was I at being a Jeff?

7- Any other thoughts, concerns, questions, ect?
I give it a 8, mainly cause it didn’t seem like a good idea at first but you proved me wrong. Probably deserves a bit more but I’m still kinda stuck on my first impression.

I think a 7, needs a little work but not bad.

I agree the challenges happening at times where everyone was not available wasn’t good and probably needs a new system for next time but other than that just revising the rules a bit such as that rock throwing thing. I don’t mean to be critical, I really think it was well done considering we’d never done it before.

Twice or maybe three times a year as a site event thing would be pretty cool.

Yes, if it becomes an event I don’t see why not. Nope, I don’t graphic.

Pretty good, there were a few delays but overall not bad.

Considering I signed up cause I was bored with low expectations I think this was a really great idea and I look forward to the next one which I will probably try to win.

So it was probably painfully obvious from what I’ve said but from the beginning the choice was get rid of Bok or lose, and since I thought losing would be more fun I went through the game with the goal of second place. I gotta say, it was a heck of a ride getting there lol. I had no desire to win the jury votes but I went along with it to make sure it was realistic. :P

I agree with Mez that having conversations that can be observed would be fun for spectators and I’d like to see that next time too. Thanks for hosting! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom