• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Surround sound, Dolby Atmos etc. Really necessary?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You know, whiule gaming people love to be aware of their surroundings. Especially with first person view games. And nowadays there're so many ways to get a great experience when it comes to sound. Not only with gaming but also with music and watching movies/vids. But is it really necessary to make your gaming/movie/music time enjoyable? Do you really like it so much you can't imagine to be without this or couldn't you care any less about it? And does surround sound, dolby atmos etc make gaming/internet so much more fun? Or do you know better ways?

Ninja

Well well well
I love playing with surround sound. Our house came pre-wired with 5 speakers in the living room, and honestly playing an action game is amazing. Totally worth it however I would not go out of my way to purchase a high quality system if I didn't already have one. A good sound bar is enough.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
In terms of music and audio production, quality monitors, bass traps, and such are essential to mix well. Add quality amps, speaker cabinets, and microphones to record instruments, then yeah, it makes all the difference.

In terms of gaming, not so much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom