• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Originals vs Clones (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
At Night, most likely. Could be an X-shot ability like a Desperado or Sensor, but by jumping around he could be trying to develop a sense of who to trust/distrust before making a final decision. Again, I don't have any obstinate proof other than intuition.
Lol, that'd be great if Jimmy and I weren't pokemon friends who can talk at night. Hint, hint. @Jimmy.F27 I figure a soft claim wouldn't hurt.

David

But you called me here...
Lol, that'd be great if Jimmy and I weren't pokemon friends who can talk at night. Hint, hint. @Jimmy.F27 I figure a soft claim wouldn't hurt.

That's more than a soft claim, SMS. We now know you're a Pokemon and effectively a Mason with Jimmy.... You would have to be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, or Mewtwo. None of the Pokemon are clones... That's basically your character, alignment, and your role. Why on earth did you you claim? You are hardly under fire and not a single person has attacked you. This makes no sense.

Jimmy, can you confirm this?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
That's more than a soft claim, SMS. We now know you're a Pokemon and effectively a Mason with Jimmy.... You would have to be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, or Mewtwo. None of the Pokemon are clones... That's basically your character, alignment, and your role. Why on earth did you you claim? You are hardly under fire and not a single person has attacked you. This makes no sense.

Well I figured I'd get it out of the way so in the future when roleclaiming and softclaiming is going wild Jimmy and are will be good. Also I can imagine someone hinting similarly to avoid being killed since it'd be an easy role to claim, and if we keep quiet it'd be hard to prove as the game goes on.

David

Well I figured I'd get it out of the way so in the future when roleclaiming and softclaiming is going wild Jimmy and are will be good. Also I can imagine someone hinting similarly to avoid being killed since it'd be an easy role to claim, and if we keep quiet it'd be hard to prove as the game goes on.

But now the mafia can kill one of you and completely negate all of your role. If one dies, the other will have no one to talk to and is then a vanilla. It is also day two! Nobody has died yet and suspicions are all over the place with no real evidence to help us determine anything! There is no real need to claim even if you think that claiming later would be hectic!

Counter claiming is always approved via the rules. And there can be two claims per day. I really don't think there will be a huge scrambling for claims later on in the game. Claiming usually only needs to happen when you are guilty of high suspicion, which you currently are not. Johnny sure isn't either.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
But now the mafia can kill one of you and completely negate all of your role. If one dies, the other will have no one to talk to and is then a vanilla. It is also day two! Nobody has died yet and suspicions are all over the place with no real evidence to help us determine anything! There is no real need to claim even if you think that claiming later would be hectic!

Counter claiming is always approved via the rules. And there can be two claims per day. I really don't think there will be a huge scrambling for claims later on in the game. Claiming usually only needs to happen when you are guilty of high suspicion, which you currently are not. Johnny sure isn't either.
Well Idk you guys were talking about desperados and sentry roles and I'm like... what is that bad? I screwed up again I guess, I did this in the last game I played.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Interesting turn of events. I was thinking to put my damage on SMS due to not wanting to spread the damage too much and also finding him as suspicious as the three I mentioned earlier, but this changes things. While I'm still not necessarily totally convinced, I don't see why he would claim it if he wasn't that. It's an easy role to confirm, or mostly confirm. I don't think a mafioso or a third party would make so bold a claim, and if one of them flips mafia, then we find a second one for free.

@Repentance can we get a damage tally please?

I'm considering attacking Crusader or David just because both already have damage on them, and I'll probably attack the one with the lowest damage after seeing what Repentance comes back with, unless something else new comes up.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Interesting move, but I'm not completely sold. For all that I know, this could be a fakeclaim to ward off suspicion. That said, I also acknowledge that a fakeclaim this early in the game would be fatal to potentially two Mafiosi, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
EBWODP
I'm considering attacking Crusader or David just because both already have damage on them, and I'll probably attack the one with the lowest damage after seeing what Repentance comes back with, unless something else new comes up.
Does damage stick around from Day to Day? I figured it would reset itself after each Night phase, but I could have misread that part of the rule. I don't remember seeing an attack on me Today.

Hmmm SMS did this last game so I'm a little hesitant to believe the claim. I've had my suspicions on him since the beginning, but I don't feel good attacking him with this claim even if I'm a little skeptical.

That being said, we should definitely spread the damage around until we get any clues about who is who.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
EBWODP

Does damage stick around from Day to Day? I figured it would reset itself after each Night phase, but I could have misread that part of the rule. I don't remember seeing an attack on me Today.

I'm not really sure, but I think it would. I guess we'll see for sure when Rep comes back with a tally.

Hmmm SMS did this last game so I'm a little hesitant to believe the claim. I've had my suspicions on him since the beginning, but I don't feel good attacking him with this claim even if I'm a little skeptical.

That being said, we should definitely spread the damage around until we get any clues about who is who.

I'm kind of opposed to spreading damage. As I said earlier, it only makes more targets for the mafia to kill at night, and we have seen that they don't always kill. I think we should try to focus our day attacks to those we think are most likely mafia, or if we're not sure, keep it between only a handful of people. It means less potential targets for the mafia to choose from, and more likely that the doctor can get a meaningful heal like we had last night.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator

Yes, this is true.

This claim changes things quite a bit now, we should focus on picking off the mafia ASAP as now we'll likely become targets.

I'm not really sure, but I think it would. I guess we'll see for sure when Rep comes back with a tally.

I'm kind of opposed to spreading damage. As I said earlier, it only makes more targets for the mafia to kill at night, and we have seen that they don't always kill. I think we should try to focus our day attacks to those we think are most likely mafia, or if we're not sure, keep it between only a handful of people. It means less potential targets for the mafia to choose from, and more likely that the doctor can get a meaningful heal like we had last night.

I'm not into the idea of focusing our attacks on one person unless we have a clue they are anti-town. It looks like one needs a good amount of damage to be killed and if we put enough on one person, the Clones get an easy kill.

I do agree with doing a handful at a time so that it spreads out but doesn't give the Clones a free kill. Then if necessary we can change our targets.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Dangit guys, I'm so sorry. I started a post last night but I fell asleep... I'm not entirely sure when the day ends, but I've been working since 8:30 and my break is about to end, so I can't catch up and write a detailed post. But I'll definitely write a post tonight if the day period is still going on.

David

I'm not into the idea of focusing our attacks on one person unless we have a clue they are anti-town. It looks like one needs a good amount of damage to be killed and if we put enough on one person, the Clones get an easy kill.

I do agree with doing a handful at a time so that it spreads out but doesn't give the Clones a free kill. Then if necessary we can change our targets.

I agree with this reasoning. It makes no sense to attack someone if we don't have a clue to their alignment. Yes, we can attack based on behaviors and such that make them appear scummy.

We have to remember that attacks are different than votes. You can only attack once a day and then that damage accumulates. With voting, you can place the pressure on someone and then still repeal it. There is a reason why Repentance said to watch our attacks as any attack can kill someone. We don't even know damage caps. Vergo survived his attack, but he may have a cap of 100% or more. We don't know if everyone has that cap or higher.

The higher the percentage we place on someone that isn't mafia, the easier it will be for them to die during the night. Now, it may sound like I'm just trying to get everyone to not attack each other. That's not what I'm going for. We need to get on the offensive, but we must do it wisely for fear of losing a powerful role.

Also, for now, Johnny and SMS are off the hook. Shame this masonry wasn't still a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom