• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I'll post later with a detailed post, but I think Celeboy and Mellow are scum. I don't think Fused is scum to be honest, so I'd rather not lynch him. Oh and btw Fused, I'm confirming players (not fully of course) so that I can work with process of elimination.

I am also suspicious of Celeboy, though I would like to hear your thoughts on both him and Mellow as well.

So, GDL, is there any reason why you made a full length post on your suspicions of Firice da Vinci, but didn't vote for him, instead opting to keep it on me, which by all accounts seems to be a bit of a joke vote on Day 5, which has almost lasted the entire day?

Because so far Firice hasn't talked, and other people such as yourself have arisen as more suspicious. I'm still suspicious of Firice, but that will have to wait until the next day. I never took my vote off of you because it became a real vote. I wasn't suspicious of you to a point of voting when you said we should lynch the SK, I simply disagreed. But when more people started voting for you, you became more aggressive and sarcastic. If you are really town, rather than bite our heads off for voting you, why not try helping? Lay out your own suspicions, speak your mind. Hell, at this point you might even claim if you want. The day is almost over and I don't think two other people will need to claim more than you before it ends. Unless someone disagrees that he should do it, which I'm fine with.

My point or advice is, and not only for you but for every town member who is ever up for lynch, don't become angry and try to tear at the people voting you with vicious statements. Instead, do everything in your power to SAY AND POINT OUT AND EXPLAIN YOUR THOUGHTS BEFORE YOU ARE LYNCHED, so that if you do turn up town then we can use the information and thoughts you gave us to try and make a better decision the next day, and then we can all win in the end. Otherwise you're just leading the town into an even worse position than they are by lynching you. Being helpful might even save you from the lynch, unlike being sarcastic and aggressive with others which only makes you look more like mafia.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm not liking all this suspicion on me, so I'm going to say, even though I've made a couple of mistakes this game, I am trying to actually be useful to the town.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Fused any reason why you're acting very sarcastic since you came back? It's not really helping.

Eh, I wasn't being sarcastic at first. But sometimes it becomes really annoying where every time you bring a reasonable candidate for a lynch forward, everyone else jumps on you, saying you've got to be scum trying to misguide the Town. What's worse is that most of the time I end up being right; that situation Vergo mentioned is one of many of those situations. I think it was Legacy where I was lynched for trying to lynch Thareous, and I was Town while he was Mafia. At some point I kind of said to myself, "Here we go again." For some reason no one ever learns.

Because so far Firice hasn't talked, and other people such as yourself have arisen as more suspicious.

I apologize if I sound rude, but this is the most annoying comment I've ever read in a mafia game. Weren't you suspicious of Firice BECAUSE he was inactive? Shouldn't the fact that he's been inactive help PROMOTE your suspicions of him? Furthermore, to whom have I arisen as more suspicious? To others? Why should that change your own suspicions? Are you saying that you're only keeping your vote on me because everyone else says you should? That looks a lot like scum trying to follow the Town.

I never took my vote off of you because it became a real vote. I wasn't suspicious of you to a point of voting when you said we should lynch the SK, I simply disagreed. But when more people started voting for you, you became more aggressive and sarcastic. If you are really town, rather than bite our heads off for voting you, why not try helping? Lay out your own suspicions, speak your mind.

Try helping. TRY HELPING. Think about what you're saying. I'M TRYING TO LYNCH THE FREAKING SERIAL KILLER. HOW IS THAT NOT HELPING.

I've laid out my suspicions multiple times. I want to lynch JC, in case you didn't notice. Also, the last thing you need to tell me to do is speak my mind. I've been told I do that too much, so clearly you're missing something here.

My point or advice is, and not only for you but for every town member who is ever up for lynch, don't become angry and try to tear at the people voting you with vicious statements.

Vicious. Statements. You have no idea how much that statement irks me. When did I ever make a statement that was deliberately cruel or volent. When. My sarcasm only started recently with Octo, but never did I make a comment that was vicious. I don't appreciate you calling me such. The only time I've made one of those comments was earlier in this post because after reading your post I got really angry, and you're getting the full result of it as such.

Instead, do everything in your power to SAY AND POINT OUT AND EXPLAIN YOUR THOUGHTS BEFORE YOU ARE LYNCHED, so that if you do turn up town then we can use the information and thoughts you gave us to try and make a better decision the next day, and then we can all win in the end.

I've made my suspicions of JC as clear as humanly possible. I pointed out something in Octo's recent posts that I found suspicious (Sure, I didn't do it in the most friendly matter, but blame being consistently lynched game after game for that one). Would you like me to go through the entire player list? I would do that, but I know that someone will find a way to turn my supposed helpful info into something that'll promote my lynch.

Otherwise you're just leading the town into an even worse position than they are by lynching you. Being helpful might even save you from the lynch, unlike being sarcastic and aggressive with others which only makes you look more like mafia.

No, being helpful was what caused me to being offered as a lynch candidate. All I did was suggest we lynch justac00lguy, the Serial Killer. Just stop and think about that, please, and then re-think your statements in this quote.

Furthermore, can I ask you a question? Are you aware that Heroine of Time is in this game? Well, she is, but hasn't made a single post this game day. You state that I should try being helpful; Heroine has been as unhelpful as one can get by not posting at all. How come no one suggested we lynch her? Players on this site tend to want to lynch the helpful Townie all too much. Sometimes they should really think about who's being helpful and who's not. Your post is an excellent example of what I mean.

---

We're running out of time, JC. The promise of your detailed post has been keeping me up at night. The anticipation is killing me.

Big Octo

=^)
The arguement is pointless, and you know it. It's fairly obvious what my point was. Nothing you say will change that.

Of course I know what your point is, but you base it on a "contradiction" even though it's clearly not one. Feel free to dismiss that point again, if you wish.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Of course I know what your point is, but you base it on a "contradiction" even though it's clearly not one. Feel free to dismiss that point again, if you wish.

It is a contradiction. I'll prove it:

I agree with fused, but would first like to hear who JC said, in his words, are "slightly confirmed" to be scum. If we lynch him today, we have an idea of who to go after tomorrow.

This post came directly after I posted my initial thoughts on JC. Big Octo states that he agrees with me on the subject, and would also like to hear JC's suspicions. He finished off his post by providing more reason to lynch JC, saying he's give us an idea of who to go after tomorrow. I'm not sure what he means by that, but I'll get into it more later.

I take back my last post that seemed in agreement with fused. If JC leads a mislynch or kills a townie tonight, we can easily kill him tonight or lynch him tomorrow. As odds are, he has a better chance of winning with town. If he goes rogue he's digging his own grave. Let's hear him out.

The most important thing to note here is the timing of this post. This post came directly after everyone and their mothers said that I was supicious because I wanted to lynch JC. What does Octo do? Immediately jump to their side, trying to pretend that he never agreed with me. He takes a complete 180 degree turn in his thoughts, now saying that we should let him survive. He would now risk the life of a potential important Townie player/role, just for the sake of "hear[ing] him out".

Remember when you guys said that the mafia might want to try and get JC lynched today? Does Octo's actions not meet those criteria, considering he did at one point state that he agrees with me? So, he was promoting JC's lynch. And then, he completely changed his thoughts to match that of the Town's.

If those two combined don't make for a player acting as scummy as possible I don't know what does.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The only reason I disagree with that, Fused, is because Octo voted Poka so quickly. Trust me, if he was scum, he wouldn't have done that. And ok I'll post might take a while though so bbl.

Big Octo

=^)
I appreciate the explanation (I understood your point in the first place), but no, it's still not a contradiction, as in the second post, I said that I took back your agreement. How am I making it look like I never agreed with you in the first place if I said myself that I went back on agreeing with you?

Again, it would only be a contradiction had I not acknowledged the previous post. You made your point, but no, it does not match the definition of a contradiction.

Also, if you really think I'm scum, I urge you to take a look at my behavior around the confirmed mafia and their lynched on the day previous. Go ahead. You might find something interesting.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I appreciate the explanation (I understood your point in the first place), but no, it's still not a contradiction, as in the second post, I said that I took back your agreement. How am I making it look like I never agreed with you in the first place if I said myself that I went back on agreeing with you?

You completely changed your stance on the situation. You can't argue that.

Also, if you really think I'm scum, I urge you to take a look at my behavior around the confirmed mafia and their lynched on the day previous. Go ahead. You might find something interesting.

I don't think you're scum. Those two posts are extremely scummy, but that doesn't make you scum; they give you a decent chance of being scum. Trust me, if I was sure you were scum, I'd be voting for you. Heck, I'd save JC for the Vig if we had a decent option to lynch; but we don't, so we might as well use today to get rid of a sure-fire Anti-Town, and use the extra info to find scum tomorrow.

But, alas, people are so intent on creating a potential mislynch. Oh well.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I apologize if I sound rude, but this is the most annoying comment I've ever read in a mafia game. Weren't you suspicious of Firice BECAUSE he was inactive? Shouldn't the fact that he's been inactive help PROMOTE your suspicions of him? Furthermore, to whom have I arisen as more suspicious? To others? Why should that change your own suspicions? Are you saying that you're only keeping your vote on me because everyone else says you should? That looks a lot like scum trying to follow the Town.
No, I was suspicious of Firice because of the few things he said when he wasn't being inactive. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear to you. And why would me saying you've arisen as more suspicious mean "for others" and not for myself? Did I ever in my post say others were suspicious of you, so I was going to be suspicious of you as well? I said you did something, so I found you more suspicious. No one has told me I should keep my vote on you. Never did I say I was keeping my vote on you because someone said I do. Say anything you want, I won't become angry or whatever, but please don't try to put words in my mouth. Thank you.

Try helping. TRY HELPING. Think about what you're saying. I'M TRYING TO LYNCH THE FREAKING SERIAL KILLER. HOW IS THAT NOT HELPING.

I've laid out my suspicions multiple times. I want to lynch JC, in case you didn't notice. Also, the last thing you need to tell me to do is speak my mind. I've been told I do that too much, so clearly you're missing something here.
We already know who the SK is. We can kill him whenever we want. So if you are really town, try helping means try helping us find out who the remaining mafia members are. That's what we've been doing all day, trying to think who they might be. All you've been doing all day, except for the last couple of posts, has been arguing why we should lynch the SK. We know we need to kill the SK! It's not like we're not planning on killing him at some point. But right now our top priority is the mafia, and you weren't helping with that. That's all I meant.

Vicious. Statements. You have no idea how much that statement irks me. When did I ever make a statement that was deliberately cruel or volent. When. My sarcasm only started recently with Octo, but never did I make a comment that was vicious. I don't appreciate you calling me such. The only time I've made one of those comments was earlier in this post because after reading your post I got really angry, and you're getting the full result of it as such.
I apologize if my choice of wording was poor. I wasn't speaking only to you, as I said that last bit was directed at anyone who was ever getting lynched as a member of the town, as I have seen people lash out at others viciously because of it. However, if it really irks you so much then I'll clarify that no I didn't mean you were being vicious previously, sorry if you thought I did.

I've made my suspicions of JC as clear as humanly possible. I pointed out something in Octo's recent posts that I found suspicious (Sure, I didn't do it in the most friendly matter, but blame being consistently lynched game after game for that one). Would you like me to go through the entire player list? I would do that, but I know that someone will find a way to turn my supposed helpful info into something that'll promote my lynch.
Same thing as before. We already know JC is the SK, no need to be suspicious of him. If you're talking about being suspicious that JC might betray us, then that's understandable. But all the ones that have posted have already said, we don't share that suspicion. And I know you point out something in Octo's posts, but that was only recently. I was talking about the entire Day. And going through the entire player list could be helpful to us, telling us I find this person suspicious, this one not so much, so that if you are lynched then we have something to say "well Fused thought this person was suspicious, that might mean something." You don't have to if you don't want to, of course. And if someone tried to twist it into something to promote your lynch, then if you are lynched and turn up town that person will look extremely scummy. You hurt yourself more by not doing it, in my opinion. But still, if you don't want to do it then that's fine.

No, being helpful was what caused me to being offered as a lynch candidate. All I did was suggest we lynch justac00lguy, the Serial Killer. Just stop and think about that, please, and then re-think your statements in this quote.
I already explained what I meant by being helpful, I won't do it again. I also said that when you initially suggested lynching JC, I didn't find you suspicious, I just disagreed with you. It wasn't until you became sarcastic that I chose not to remove the vote on you.

Furthermore, can I ask you a question? Are you aware that Heroine of Time is in this game? Well, she is, but hasn't made a single post this game day. You state that I should try being helpful; Heroine has been as unhelpful as one can get by not posting at all. How come no one suggested we lynch her? Players on this site tend to want to lynch the helpful Townie all too much. Sometimes they should really think about who's being helpful and who's not. Your post is an excellent example of what I mean.

Yes, I am aware. I wouldn't want to lynch her because she was one of the first to vote for Poka who was mafia, so I'm confident she's town. If she's mafia, she fooled me and I'm impressed. But yes I'd like to hear more from her. I'd also like to hear more from a bunch of people. But what would you have me do, vote for one of them at the end of the day in hopes that they'll be pressured into talking by one vote?

We're running out of time, JC. The promise of your detailed post has been keeping me up at night. The anticipation is killing me.
^I agree with this.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
EBWODP:
By now, I'm becoming more sure that Fused is just a rather angry town member, instead of mafia. Particularly because of the way some people joined on his lynch. Also because if he was mafia I don't see why his team members wouldn't have told him to back down when the votes started piling on.
Unvote: Fused
If he is indeed mafia, I'm not saying I would be too surprised, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he turn up town. I think I've seen enough to warrant unvoting. As for who to lynch today, I still don't think JC should be the choice. If you guys want to lynch Fused, then I can't do much to change your minds as I see why you'd want to. However, right now I'd feel better with either a Firice or Celeboy lynch.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
First I'll start off with Celeboy: (keep in mind that I haven't really played with him before so that could cloud my view on him)

Whoever the Vig is needs to hold off until we have a solid hunch on who may be scum, otherwise we're going to be thinned out very quickly... But, that being said at least we know two people who are definitely town, right? We can't control the SK to that much of an extent, unless they are willing to work with town, so we have 2 deaths per night that we have no control over and we need to try and nail down the scum asap.

RIP Luigi, may favorite smash character.
This quote I'm not really liking. It's early on in the game and he's trying to dictate the Vig's actions already. Could be a safety thing, but at this stage kills mean information and telling the Vig to lay off after the first night is odd to me. Maybe it's his wording, it's like he's demanding more than suggesting.

Celeboy said:
lol, idk I thought that was funny. Anyway, the fact the "town" roleblocker didn't get killed doesn't sit right with me, but I'm not going to vote because there's not enough evidence to suggest scum.
You can look at this two ways. First is that he's simply curious to as why GDL survived the night; however Mafia most likely predicted that he would be saved by the Doctor. The other way is that he seems to go against GDL without any real reason to, Mafia don't like claimed players. I'll leave this up to you guys on how you interprete this one.

I didn't see the bit where he said who he blocked, so that's swinging it in town favour a bit. Slightly less suspicious now, and it's not the sole fact that he didn't die that's making him suspicious, it's the super early roleclaim. I can't see the logic behind it. Anyway, I'm not going to vote, because as I said, there's not enough concrete evidence to make him scum for me.
But I have a question for you, why all these questions? (I ask in a un-scummy a way possible)
Celeboy gets questioned on his post by Gumball; he seems to not like being pressured. Anyway, he back pedals a bit and then turns the question around to LG and feels the need to justify that he's not scum. Why would he even say that?

It's because everyone is being too furtive. We need some people to be more out going so they slip up!
Very common scummy tactic. Wait for players to slip up and put the pressure on them. Mafia look for any weakness. Not liking this either.

Celeboy said:
I'd say hold off right now and wait until nearer the end of the day, only because someone else may need to claim, for some reason. But it's not a bad idea, especially if it helps us narrow down who's town and who's mafia.
Kind of encourages Poka to role claim here.

Seems like people are starting to not like JC, so would anyone be opposed to him being nabbed if he doesn't get lynched? However, I don't really have solid suspicions on anyone... I'm wary of JC and his up-front playstyle, but that may just be his playstyle (Never played with him before).
It's these kind of posts of his that irk me. Mafia knows I'm the SK, so him suggesting that I get "nabbed" [killed] Looks really off. Where's his reasoning? This would be a risky move to make, but if you're Mafia then it's fine as you're getting me out the game.

That's true, people have been looking more at JC than Poka. He seems to be in the clear,but idk, he may still be scum.
More sitting on the fence here. Here's the situation from Mafia's point of view: Two people are up for lynch, the SK and their own RB'er. They know the SK is suspicious of Poka and will most likely kill Kirino during the night (obviously he's the GF), but still that isn't so good for them. They want me out the game and obviously they want more so save Poka simultaneously. Celeboy is just sitting on the fence here which is exactly what I think Mafia would do in this situation. He's like "Well looks like JC is getting lynched more than Poka, maybe Poka isn't scum". He follows that up with:

It's midnight and I need sleep so this will be quick. It seems to me that JC is panicking slightly under the pressure. If he claimed cop, then surely he would've told us who is who, especially as there's a chance he could've seen a mafia/power role (sorry if someone has said this, i skimmed the last 2 pages). However, Poka still isn't sitting right with me, but I'm believing he is townie more, although the groups focus seems to have shifted off of him in light of the evidence against JC, which may not be the best idea. If JC isn't cop and Poka lives, it may not be a bad idea to check him out, just to be doubly sure.
This screams an indirect vote at me. It's like he's subtly putting pressure on me without voting, while still being slightly wary of Poka in the process. Though he does suggest that the Cop investigates Poka, so there is some redeeming quality here that could mean something.

---

After this Celeboy seems to go missing. Maybe he's lost interest? Maybe he's been inactive on the site? Or maybe he's in fear that he's one of two surviving Mafia. There are actually a couple of things that Celeboy did to argue that he is Town, but overall I'm just not liking his sitting on the fence playstyle. As I said, I've never played with him before, I don't know if he's new to Mafia or what, but something is off with the majority of his posts.

I'll possibly post about Mellow later.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Let's just say sitting on the fence is my play style, I don't like being responsible for the deaths of the innocents, but I guess you haven't played with me before. Seeing as I left for 2 years and did get back a month ago I am just starting to get back into Mafia, and tbth I agree that I do sound kinda scummy in a few of my posts.
Next I want to say that I went up to London for a few days, I did say, but I have noticed that some of my posts just simply get ignored. Unless that's just me thinking that and feeling sorry for myself. The thing about me encouraging Poka to claim wasn't me forcing a claim, he asked when he should claim and that was my opinion on it.

The reason why I clarified I wasn't scum when asking Gumball was because I thought the question would sound scummy. Also the suspicions about you were because I thought you were acting odd. I had no idea you were SK.
Anyway, I am going to say that I'm town, obviously, and I have the courage to say that you don't have to believe me, but I'd prefer it if you would. I would say that we shouldn't really listen to you because you are SK, but you've done a lot to help us, so you're kinda trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom