• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Octo

=^)
If JC turns on us at any time, he's dead. Of course it sounds strange to trust the SK as a matter of principle, but he's pretty much lost the game for himself. The Vig can take him out any time (tonight if he/she really wants to). As of now he's actively helping the town (waiting on who his suspicions are, however) and has lead the lynch of two mafioso. If he leads the mislynch of a townie, there will be no second chance for him.

Once again, who are you suspicious of, JC?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Fused is really pushing for JCs lynch, but tbh I think we should just get Vig to blast him tonight if he doesn't turn out anything useful for us. He's gotten 3 of the 5 mafia, so I'm sure we can manage the last two if he won't help any further. Unfortunately, our cop is gone so I'd suggest looking back through who Viral was suspicious of to get a bearing on who he might have found was a baddie, although i don't think that he found anyone else, but I'm going to look back anyway.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Day ends in like 30 hours. That suspicion of yours would be useful right about now, JC.

EBWODP

I don't think I'd have enough fingers to count all of the players that have just thrown in their "I disagree with Fused too" post. I wonder, who's more likely to be scum, me, or them?

Mido

Version 1
Day ends in like 30 hours. That suspicion of yours would be useful right about now, JC.

EBWODP

I don't think I'd have enough fingers to count all of the players that have just thrown in their "I disagree with Fused too" post. I wonder, who's more likely to be scum, me, or them?

That's a good question. Personally, while I had some concerns about Sydney before your entrance as a replacement, I don't see anything wrong with your playing, really. I pretty much only have a group of suspicions related to post count/substance, and it relates to GDL's earlier post the day before. I wonder, with the amount of time left in the day, which players will post again after their initial post.

Also, I do have a quick question to pose:

Justaguyofc00ls said:
Mafia know I'm the SK, so after Night Two they would obviously try to lynch me and Poka going after me basically confirmed my original suspicion....

Indeed, you were the secondary target for the lynch, aside from Pokalink. What I find strange is that the Mafia decided to keep you alive for this long, especially since they seemed to know that your interests leaned more town as opposed to being anti-town. Perhaps with the knowledge they had of your role, they did not want to waste a kill on you, and instead wanted to pursue other townies. (In case your nighttime decisions changed in objective.) Still, I wonder why the Mafia, who seemed to figure you out early on, decided to keep you alive? What do you guys think of this notion? This kind of dilemma perhaps supports what fused is getting at.

I'll say it again, I'm in a rather indecisive position, one that I hate, indeed.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok so first off there's a few things that I'm going off here that I might have to explain so that you guys understand why I was so sure about Poka being, why I targeted Kirino and why I suspected Deku (though the credit goes to Viral for that since he did investigate him).

I'll put this in a spoiler as it's not exactly relevant to what's below, but it explains why I'm going with this thought process.
Anyway, after Night Two I was RB'ed and the night scene made it clear that I was the SK hence meaning that whoever targeted me knew I was the SK. At first I tried to think of ways to make the night scene seem doubtful, but there was no way about it, I was know highly susceptible to a night kill. The way for me to survive was to eliminate them one-by-one and I used their knowledge against them. I essentially baited them in. Look at it this way, they knew my role meaning that I could potentially notice any slight changes in attitudes towards me - an even bigger scum tell is if they decided to lynch me. So that's how I knew Poka was scum and why I was suspicious of Duku (who also voted for me) as well as Viral and Kirino for stopping the Poka lynch (the former I was wrong about but I was right about the latter).

In a nutshell, I'm using similar thinking to what I mentioned in the spoiler as well as other information from dead players. By the way, this isn't some ultra important information I have; I could be right or wrong, I just wanted to explain the logic behind it first.

---

I'll start with who I think are Town (well not Mafia as they could be 3rd party):

Big Octo
Mido
Pendio
musicfan
Mellow Ezlo
fused_shadows#2
Go_Dark_Link
Firice da Vinci
~Mizuki~
Thareous
Stitch
Heroine of Time
Celeboy
Ver-go-a-go-go

First off Bo:

Big Octo said:
So, do we think Pit is Doctor or RB?
This isn't exactly anything important yet, but he shows slight ignorance to the night scene where Poka (MetaKnight) RB'ed me. He could be bluffing from a Mafia perspective, but I don't think so.

Bo also leans towards the Poka lynch early on (here). Now he does go on to say he's indifferent, but I see no reason why, if he was his scumbud, that he would pile on some early pressure given the lengths that Deku and Kirino went to on the day previous to save him. Those two players essentially risked themselves.

Big Octo said:
I'm believing in music's claim. I'd like to bring up when he taunted the Mafia Role Cop (he assumed there was one) to investigated him. I cba to dig up that post from all the spam in day 1. It should be noted that this was entirely before we even had the idea of there being a commuter in the game.
Bo here corrects me and brings some vital information that pretty much confirms Music. Why would scum confirm a Townie? Could be some clever tactic, but I just don't think scum would do that.

Anyway here comes the main part, the last points where simply adding strength. Ok, so when I "claimed Tracker" it was to save myself, but because I was so close to being lynched it made me see who wasn't scum as well. Keep in mind that scum desperately want to lynch me, not only to save Poka, but so they get rid of me and earn "Townie points" as well. Here are Bo's posts during that time:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898488#post898488
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898504#post898504
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898510#post898510
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898577#post898577
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898601#post898601
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898609#post898609
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898698#post898698

There are more, but trust me guys, I'm like 95% sure that Bo is Town.

Secondly Pendio. He hasn't posted all that much, so this isn't exactly as accurate as my analysis of Bo:

Here Pendio puts an unnecessary vote on Poka, at the beginning of the day, right after he was saved in the last minute the day previous. Let's just focus on this for a minute. Kirino saved Poka yesterday, so putting immediate pressure back on puts not one but two of his "scumbuds" in trouble. Could be a very clever tactic, but it's one that's simply not worth it.

To go with this we also have DekuNut, Poka's scum bud, question two people about voting for Poka (Viral and Pendio). This doesn't seem like teamwork to me. The only thing that's odd is that Pendio goes onto Unvote Poka for seemingly no reason.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Pendio is Town (though he could easily by 3rd party). I'm definitely not sure on this one though.

This one is easy in my opinion, MF:

There's no real point in me linking posts and whatnot but I'll do a few. First off here's Bo's post again, which almost certainly makes it seem like MF was the commuter before he even claimed:

Big Octo said:
I'm believing in music's claim. I'd like to bring up when he taunted the Mafia Role Cop (he assumed there was one) to investigated him. I cba to dig up that post from all the spam in day 1. It should be noted that this was entirely before we even had the idea of there being a commuter in the game.

Also, like with Bo, Music defended me when I fake claimed and voted for Poka. Here are the links:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898489#post898489
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898506#post898506
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=898612#post898612
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&p=899601#post899601

Heroine for similar reasons as Bo and MF:

Heroine's first big suspicion of the game is Poka, straight after he was saved the day previous, and she makes a rather big post about it as well (here. She continues the pressure. She kind of doubts the lynch here; however she echoes the argument that the lynch will give us the most information to go on the next day.

Again, it could be some deceiving move to throw us off, but I think that's really far fetched.

Go_Dark_Link next:

Not gonna lie, I've been watching him closely since I witnessed his excellent game as scum in Members vs Mods and he had to join the game with Pancake already claiming RB'er. He has still yet to prove his role by being involved in the night scene; however let's look through his posts:

This post was exactly in line with my thought process and it's exactly why I targeted Kirino that same night - coincidently we both targeted him, lol. He kind of brought to attention Kirino the Mafia GF. Would his scum bud do that?

He acknowledges here that Mafia might be voting the for the SK - something which I was trying to attract or draw attention to later on. If he was Mafia, he potentially puts both Deku and Poka in jeopardy here.

He votes for Poka here in support of my claim.

Also look at this post. Now let's say for a minute that GDL fake claimed and is scum, why would Deku (his scumbud) put doubt in his claim?

In my opinion there's enough info here to guarantee that GDL is not scum.

---

I might post some more, I'll definitely post the two who I think are Mafia but I'm really tired at the moment. I just wanted to get off my chest who I think are almost certainly not Mafia (take the Pendio one with a grain of salt though).

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm confused as to how you can trust Octo after his latest series of contradicting posts.

I agree with fused, but would first like to hear who JC said, in his words, are "slightly confirmed" to be scum. If we lynch him today, we have an idea of who to go after tomorrow.

I take back my last post that seemed in agreement with fused. If JC leads a mislynch or kills a townie tonight, we can easily kill him tonight or lynch him tomorrow. As odds are, he has a better chance of winning with town. If he goes rogue he's digging his own grave. Let's hear him out.

Just saying.

---

Anywho, not sure why you decided to show us who you think is Town. I would've much rather have seen who you thought was scum, but alas, we can't always get what we want.

Big Octo

=^)
That was only one instance, fused. He's taking the entire game into consideration, not just an isolated incident. Furthermore, how is it contradicting if I said myself in the second post that I retracted my previous statement? They'd only be contradicting if I had not made a callback.

I don't think the town should be making proactive efforts to keep the Serial Killer alive, and I get the sinking suspicion that the Doctor or some other protective role made sure justac00lguy didn't die last night. Viral was certainly right in saying that we shouldn't be wasting townie roles and resources to keep a 3rd party alive that could very well do more damage than good for the town wincon. I would strongly advise the Doctor to leave justac00lguy alone in favor of more likely townies, and for the Vigilante to make a very safe kill this following night.

I don't really know how good of a liar fused is, although I can recall a similar situation that occurred almost exactly like this in Green Lantern, where he attempted a lynch against a mafia member, being me. It's same in the way that I turned the bandwagon against him, and he ended up being lynched instead of me. This whole thing is very reminiscent of that. I don't think I'd be willing to vote for him, although I've admittedly payed very little attention to this game to propose any other action.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
That was only one instance, fused. He's taking the entire game into consideration, not just an isolated incident. Furthermore, how is it contradicting if I said myself in the second post that I retracted my previous statement? They'd only be contradicting if I had not made a callback.

I love that wording. Isolated incident. Just lovely.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'll post later with a detailed post, but I think Celeboy and Mellow are scum. I don't think Fused is scum to be honest, so I'd rather not lynch him. Oh and btw Fused, I'm confirming players (not fully of course) so that I can work with process of elimination.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Care to find anymore "contradictions" or at least argue my point instead of being condescending about my wording?

The arguement is pointless, and you know it. It's fairly obvious what my point was. Nothing you say will change that.

I'll post later with a detailed post, but I think Celeboy and Mellow are scum. I don't think Fused is scum to be honest, so I'd rather not lynch him. Oh and btw Fused, I'm confirming players (not fully of course) so that I can work with process of elimination.

Ah, but of course.

---

So, GDL, is there any reason why you made a full length post on your suspicions of Firice da Vinci, but didn't vote for him, instead opting to keep it on me, which by all accounts seems to be a bit of a joke vote on Day 5, which has almost lasted the entire day?

Pendio.... you're on suspicious of me because you have a personal hypothesis that mafia would attempt to lead JC's lynch today. Now, there's really nothing I can do about that, and there's also nothing I can do about the way you seem to manipulate my posts and turn them into something that helps me get lynched. I don't know what to say to you.

And, musicfan. You asked me a question, which I answered, and then you went ahead and voted for me anyway. Can I ask why you want to lynch me, today?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
May I ask why you think I'm scum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom