• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Justa's been more help than harm by far than anyone else in this game (myself included). He not only partook in lynching PokaLink, but helped pointed out that Draco was the Godfather and killed Deku Nut during the Night. Based on Draco's irritation, which was how he reacted similarly in past games, I seriously doubt that Justa could be bumping off his "fellow scum" while using the Serial Killer as a ploy. If that is the case, then where's the counterclaim? No, none of that adds up in my eyes. We'd be able to tell by the Night scenes if Justa was betraying us, and if that does happen then he should go, but not now.

IGMEO: fused_shadows

Big Octo

=^)
I take back my last post that seemed in agreement with fused. If JC leads a mislynch or kills a townie tonight, we can easily kill him tonight or lynch him tomorrow. As odds are, he has a better chance of winning with town. If he goes rogue he's digging his own grave. Let's hear him out.

Mido

Version 1
Hmm.....

While I see the logic in fused's post, I do have to concede to the notion that JC doesn't seem to have anything to gain at this point. Since he has revealed himself, JC has put himself on the block, and is in a position in which he can be given the ax at a moment's notice. I do think keeping him alive for the time being may be our best bet, but I don't necessarily think any special privileges should be granted to him, such as a protection or what not.

At the moment, I'm currently intrigued by what GDL outlined late during yesterday's events. His preliminary list of potential suspects seems interesting, and perhaps worth checking out in terms of leads. I think those players have played discreetly in one way or another. If we are to take a new lead as opposed to going after JC, I think GDL outlines some potential possibilities.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Because I just got home from work and am feeling up to it, I'm gonna respond to everyone. :)

Hmm... I sort of get your point, but actually I think this game right now could be sort of about honor for JC. Even if he is neither with the Town nor with the Mafia, taking out Mfaia is always the most fun as a third party player. Besides, since he has been helping us majorly thus far I do not think he deserves to get lynched like this. If our Vigilante prefers to kill him tonight, then go right ahead, but I would not like to waste one of our lynches on him. At least not this early on. Thinking about it, the Mafia has lost a lot thanks to JC. They must be furious with him right now, while (as I said before) the Town has been greatly assisted by him. I am sure the Mafia would be quite keen on having JC killed. They will probably attempt to night kill him tonight, or (of course this is also a highly likely scenario) they will attempt to lead a lynch against him today.

I'm glad you get my point. Why then are you voting for me? He has helped us. A lot. That doesn't mean we should trust him. He's not part of the Town, and no matter how much he says he wants to be, he isn't. Nor will he ever be. Also, it's not a waste of a lynch; in order to win, we have to get rid of him eventually. Why not do it now? At this point all JC has for us are his opinions and his thoughts. Before, he had facts. I had no problem trusting facts, but trusting opinions from a 3rd party player? Not gonna happen.

Also, if I were mafia, why would I want to take away a killing role from the game? Of the 15 players left only two are mafia. The odds of JC killing a Townie in the night are much greater than mafia, particularly because JC doesn't seem to be too sure of himself as to who the remaining scum are. If anything, mafia would act like yourself, Pendio, and try to convince everyone to wait for the Vigilante to kill him so that JC can get another kill in and more than likely take out Townie, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Why would I help you guys lynch Poka, Kirino, and kill Deku if I was going to "stab" you in the back? That's incredibly faulty logic. There is no reason to stab Town in the back as I have no chance of winning.

As I said in my inital post, the fact that you have no chance of winning increases your chances of being a wild card. You have no reason to help us, and no reason to help the mafia. You already helped us, so why wouldn't you decide to shake the game up by killing a Townie in the night? I'm not saying you're going to do it. I'm saying you could do it, and that's a risk that I'm not willing to take.

I chose to side with Town ever since Mafia RB'ed me and I've proven I'm helpful on three occasions now. You rejoin the game and immediately shake things up and, in a way, you're kind of messing things up by voting for me.

I'm messing things up for you, the Serial Killer. Doesn't that make me more likely to be Town?

I can still help Town and you're oblivious to it--just like how Viral was. I'm willing to actually help out a lot today and your early vote seems to be somewhat of a "let's get him out before he does anymore damage" kind of thing, which is understandable if you're Scum.

What alignment was Viral again? I can't quite remember..... oh yeah, he was the Town Cop.

That's exactly what the vote is. I want to get you out of the way so that there isn't any chance that the flippin' Serial Killer doesn't turn on us. It's understandable for a Townie too, and you know it. Not my fault people have put too much faith into you.

I've already told the Vig to kill me to tomorrow if he/she wishes; killing me via lynch is the wrong way to go and is counterproductive. You can't come out with this trust issues BS either considering I've done way more than enough to warrant trust from the Townies.

Counterproductive to what? Winning the game? In case you didn't know, you're against the Town, meaning we have to get rid of you in order to win. If anything, it's counterproductive to keep you alive, Mr. Anti-Town. Sure, you may not be playing Anti-Town, but you are, and nothing will change that.

You have done enough to warrant trust. Which is exactly why I'm skeptical. Should I apologize for being too careful?

Fused, why aren't you willing to give JC a chance? As he pointed out, he assisted in the killing of 3 of the game's 5 mafia members, and has show himself to genuinely want to help out the town. I see where you're coming from, kinda, but I think he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. If he does indeed stab us in the back (which I doubt he will), then we can go ahead and lynch him; for now, though, I see no reason to get rid of him. The way he's playing is more like a vig, not a SK.

I'm not giving any Serial Killer the benefit of the doubt. I have no idea if he really wants to help the Town, or is just trying to survive a few more Days. Think about it this way: the final two mafia members are amongst us, which means they are trying to show that they want to help the Town. Just like JC. At the root, it's the same circumstance; anti-town players trying to fool the town. I don't want to take the chance of him taking out a Townie, and nor should you.

Justa's been more help than harm by far than anyone else in this game (myself included). He not only partook in lynching PokaLink, but helped pointed out that Draco was the Godfather and killed Deku Nut during the Night. Based on Draco's irritation, which was how he reacted similarly in past games, I seriously doubt that Justa could be bumping off his "fellow scum" while using the Serial Killer as a ploy. If that is the case, then where's the counterclaim? No, none of that adds up in my eyes. We'd be able to tell by the Night scenes if Justa was betraying us, and if that does happen then he should go, but not now.

Who said anything about JC not being the Serial Killer? I didn't. I think it's fairly obvious that JC is the SK. He's done plenty to prove it.

You're acting like JC is the Doctor or something. What Serial Killer in their right mind would counterclaim a Serial Killer claim? That'd be the most moronic thing to do. If anything, an SK would be excited that someone else claimed SK. Your post isn't making much sense at all to me, Thareous.

I take back my last post that seemed in agreement with fused. If JC leads a mislynch or kills a townie tonight, we can easily kill him tonight or lynch him tomorrow. As odds are, he has a better chance of winning with town. If he goes rogue he's digging his own grave. Let's hear him out.

Octo, I told you to preheat the oven to 400 degrees, not 180.

Hmm.....

While I see the logic in fused's post, I do have to concede to the notion that JC doesn't seem to have anything to gain at this point. Since he has revealed himself, JC has put himself on the block, and is in a position in which he can be given the ax at a moment's notice. I do think keeping him alive for the time being may be our best bet, but I don't necessarily think any special privileges should be granted to him, such as a protection or what not.

Why is it our best bet? What more can he offer us other than his opinions, non-Town opinions, may I add.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
At this point all JC has for us are his opinions and his thoughts. Before, he had facts. I had no problem trusting facts, but trusting opinions from a 3rd party player? Not gonna happen.
To be honest most of what has got me through this game has been my tactics and slight intuition from what happened on Night Two. I never knew Deku, Kirino or Poka was scum. Everything just fit together perfectly - Poka being saved by Kirino, Poka pressuring me when he knew I was the SK and Deku defending Poka and also pressuring me. This wasn't just some random facts I acquired from my role, I had a pretty big idea of what was happening. So it's not a case of me having nothing left to give, I've used the reactions towards me after I was RB'ed to good use and I can do it again.

Fused_shadows said:
As I said in my inital post, the fact that you have no chance of winning increases your chances of being a wild card. You have no reason to help us, and no reason to help the mafia. You already helped us, so why wouldn't you decide to shake the game up by killing a Townie in the night? I'm not saying you're going to do it. I'm saying you could do it, and that's a risk that I'm not willing to take.
Using that argument gets you nowhere. "Oh he could" betray us". No. I wouldn't have claimed otherwise. I would have simply but subtly hinted that the Doctor protect me. However I knew Town was in trouble if they didn't lynch the Bulletproof GF, so I claimed. Everything I've done since Night Two has been pro town. I don't care of you have trust issues, that's your own problem. I have no reason to switch sides as that would be ridiculously stupid and render all my previous actions redundant and this game would be nothing but a waste of my time. Work with hypotheticals all you want; however realise that you're only coming off as a paranoid Mafiaso who doesn't want to risk being night killed. You're doing yourself no favours.

Fused_shadows said:
I'm messing things up for you, the Serial Killer. Doesn't that make me more likely to be Town?
You're missing the point once again. Me being my own party doesn't even apply now as I can't win (there's no two ways about it). Messing things up for me? There is no me anymore and that much has been clear ever since I claimed and made it known. You're messing things up for the Town.

Fused_shadows said:
What alignment was Viral again? I can't quite remember..... oh yeah, he was the Town Cop.
None of this is even relevant. I simply said you're oblivious to it like Viral. Just because he flipped scum, doesn't mean I agree with the way he reacted towards me. I see now why he wanted me out the game. He knew I had slight suspicion on him and that I could kill him - him being the Cop, he didn't want that to happen. However, I wasn't going to kill Viral, so his paranoia most likely got the better of him and maybe Mafia saw that and that's why they killed him (or they have a Role Cop). You on the otherhand, we don't know your role or alignment, so you're paranoia could mean anything.

Fused_shadows said:
That's exactly what the vote is. I want to get you out of the way so that there isn't any chance that the flippin' Serial Killer doesn't turn on us. It's understandable for a Townie too, and you know it. Not my fault people have put too much faith into you.
Or turn on you? Your vote screams get him out the game quickly, which is exactly the state of mind the Mafia most likely have. Killing me during the day time means no productive discussion and killing me before I reveal more information. It's a terrible idea if you're Town - my dying via the Vig is a much better idea and one that seemingly everyone agrees with except for you. This discussion is pointless and is actually working against scum hunting. I suggest you stop this before you cause your own death.

Fused_shadows said:
Counterproductive to what? Winning the game? In case you didn't know, you're against the Town, meaning we have to get rid of you in order to win. If anything, it's counterproductive to keep you alive, Mr. Anti-Town. Sure, you may not be playing Anti-Town, but you are, and nothing will change that.
But the fact that I can still help Town means it's counterproductive which you (and Viral) can't seem to understand. I will die eventually, probably tonight, so the argument you're using is pretty much dead.

Fused_shadows said:
You have done enough to warrant trust. Which is exactly why I'm skeptical. Should I apologize for being too careful?
Yes you should.

---

I'll post later with my target(s) and people who I think are Town.

EBWODP
Also inactive players please speak up.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Mr. Shadows said:
Why is it our best bet? What more can he offer us other than his opinions, non-Town opinions, may I add.

I only think that keeping JC alive may be in our best interest because of the notion that JC put himself on the chopping block by claiming, and thus compromising his primary objective. Since we know of his alignment, we can do away with him as we please. I think a more concerted effort for hunting the actual Mafia may be in our best interests instead of going for an easy kill.

I bold the second part of your question because in all honesty, you're right. At the moment, JC seems to be also contemplating another sense of direction, and may or may not have the certainty that we need from him necessary to kill off scum. Also, even though JC doesn't really have much to gain at this point, at least for himself, I do agree that it may be dangerous to trust him, but I also think that trusting JC may be the lesser of two evils. There is always the possibility that JC knows more than he is revealing to us. Ultimately, this plan on keeping JC alive depends on our cohesive effort as Townies to uncover more evidence. In this regard, I think it would be a good time for me to look back over the posts of potential suspects, as I really have not been the most active throughout the game, albeit as a replacement.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I'll post later with my target(s) and people who I think are Town.

EBWODP
Also inactive players please speak up.

For the first part, I completely agree that lynching you is a waste of a lynch and a day, and that the Vig taking care of you is a much better choice as I've been saying since before. However, since the end of the last day you keep saying "you'll post later with your target(s) and people you think are town". We're halfway through the day already, so I hope you're planning on doing so soon.

For the second part, yeah where is everyone?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Fused as others have said way not save him for the vig so we can actually get some discussion in rather then a speed lynch?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I bold the second part of your question because in all honesty, you're right. At the moment, JC seems to be also contemplating another sense of direction, and may or may not have the certainty that we need from him necessary to kill off scum. Also, even though JC doesn't really have much to gain at this point, at least for himself, I do agree that it may be dangerous to trust him, but I also think that trusting JC may be the lesser of two evils. There is always the possibility that JC knows more than he is revealing to us. Ultimately, this plan on keeping JC alive depends on our cohesive effort as Townies to uncover more evidence. In this regard, I think it would be a good time for me to look back over the posts of potential suspects, as I really have not been the most active throughout the game, albeit as a replacement.

It is dangerous to trust him. He has no reason to hunt scum; he's going to lose the game either way.

---

I see you finally found some time to post, JC. However, I would have much rather have seen who your suspicion is rather than you trying to get me off your lynch, when you should know that's not going to happen.

See guys, I'm already right. Clearly JC cares more about surviving than finding scum. He found time to defend himself, but not to hunt scum?

Anways, I'd love to rebuttal every one of your points, JC, but I can see that this is going no where. I'd much rather here whom your suspicion is, and your evidence.

For the first part, I completely agree that lynching you is a waste of a lynch and a day, and that the Vig taking care of you is a much better choice as I've been saying since before.

Well, how can it be a waste of a lynch if we don't have a viable second option? Is it a better idea to lynch a random player, who is more than likely a Townie, over the Serial Killer? If we can come up with a viable option, than sure, go ahead, but at this point we don't have one.

Fused as others have said way not save him for the vig so we can actually get some discussion in rather then a speed lynch?

Would you not classify the last two pages as discussion? Also, who ever said anything about a speed lynch? If we all agreed to lynch JC, we wouldn't have to lynch him right away.

So busy...so many pages to catch up on...can someone bother to tell me what's going on...

Everyone agreed to lynch JC :)

jk :/

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I have so much to read, but I'll post something later on today when I've caught up, I actually want to contribute something for once!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
It is dangerous to trust him. He has no reason to hunt scum; he's going to lose the game either way.

---

I see you finally found some time to post, JC. However, I would have much rather have seen who your suspicion is rather than you trying to get me off your lynch, when you should know that's not going to happen.

See guys, I'm already right. Clearly JC cares more about surviving than finding scum. He found time to defend himself, but not to hunt scum?

Anways, I'd love to rebuttal every one of your points, JC, but I can see that this is going no where. I'd much rather here whom your suspicion is, and your evidence.

Well, how can it be a waste of a lynch if we don't have a viable second option? Is it a better idea to lynch a random player, who is more than likely a Townie, over the Serial Killer? If we can come up with a viable option, than sure, go ahead, but at this point we don't have one.

Would you not classify the last two pages as discussion? Also, who ever said anything about a speed lynch? If we all agreed to lynch JC, we wouldn't have to lynch him right away.

Everyone agreed to lynch JC :)

jk :/

vote fused shadows

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
fused, I see where you're coming from, I really do. However, I can't say I agree, and it seems like the majority of people feel the same. I am willing to give JC the benefit of the doubt. I know it's risky, I know the possible outcomes, but I really feel like he could help us. I'm not gonna say that the fact you want him dead is worth lynching you over, but the fact that you seem to be the only one in the game that doesn't want him alive is slightly suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom