• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Viral Maze said:
Why do I need to 'quickly shift' attention away from me when you seemed to be doing that for me already, nominating Leslie over me. I'm all for determining Leslie's alignment but the one scummy thing I see is that he voted for Fig at the 11th hour. Definitely pretty scummy, but not damning in and of itself. While I would have voted Leslie with you for the sake of pressure, I have a different lead so I won't.
More so because Kirino and you would be grouped together as both of you have similar grounds for suspicion - the Fig lynch. Or... you could be shifting attention away from your scum bud? It's either or really. I'm still convinced that either you or Kirino are scum. Not sure about both of you being scum (would Mafia have three of themselves on a lynch?) Either way it seems like you're trying to put all the focus on DekuNut, you even said "we have our target" as if no one can argue against the lynch. Kirino should be lynched today.

Deku sure does seem suspicious but you're going about it as if you're 100% sure he's scum with very little reasoning to back up your claim (it's a much bigger risk, we need to go with actual leads here and Poka flipping scum gives us a lead). Kirino on the other hand was a part of lynching Fig with a very late vote which kind of saved Poka; it makes perfect sense to lynch him today.

EBWODP
@icus Failed as in I didn't get any results back. James didn't reply back to me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Maybe Viral is the SK and knows that DekuNut is the GF, just isn't explicitly saying that so he doesn't get night killed (because he is the SK)?
Viral said:
Refer back to the end of the last day.
As Viral himself pointed out, Viral has been following me since the end of yesterday. So that's not the case.

You guys know I was very sceptical of Fig's lynch and I still am. We should definitely lynch either Viral or Leslie [Kirino] today - I'm leaning towards Leslie simply because he had the all important vote. Another person who seems scummy to me is Deku, I thought this beforehand and stated it in my post either on Day Two or Three. Given what Music pointed out as well, Deku should be are second priority. I say Vig should take him out. GDL, like Vergo said, can lie and lie very well. Something tells me the Cop has investigated him though, even so, I say we keep an eye on him.
I agree with lynching one of those two, as well as which one to lynch. That last vote was extremely scummy, especially with the realization that it saved a mafia member. I think we should look at Viral tomorrow, though. He's acting weird today.
And still, why me? You didn't give reasoning in that post you mentioned, just mentioned, as you did here, that I was slightly scummy in your eyes. And what did Music point out again? I missed that.

I say lynch Kirino today, Vig kills Deku, and we'll progress from there the following day.
Vote: Kirino
Wait, wait, wait. Hold on a second. You're telling the vig to kill me, since I'm slightly scummy? You give no reasons, once again. I'm hoping the vig is smart enough to not go after someone with no reasons. Maybe that's why they didn't kill night 2... they didn't see anyone worth killing. Just throwing that out there.

Why not? Today it has become a pretty relevant piece of information. Have you got something to hide?
True enough. I have nothing to hide, no. In fact, that lynch has nothing to do with me. I was just wondering.

Also, Deku, what is your opinion on Viral?
My opinion on him? He's pushing for my lynch, but with no reasons. I will admit that's a little scummy, but I'm willing to leave it for tomorrow. Kirino's vote on Fig is scummier still, at least in my opinion.

Or Deku is the Serial Killer and Viral is a Mafia Member. That would make more sense looking back at the Fig lynch.
That would make more sense, but it's still wrong. I have no proof either way, but I'm promising you that.

All in all, I think that at least one of Deku, Viral and Kirino are scum.
I agree with that. Out of the three, in order from scummiest to least scummy, I have this list: Kirino (due to Fig lynch); Viral (Due to going after me for no reason); DekuNut (due to personal bias and knowledge of my own role and alignment).

This ENTIRE post just stinks... Extremely defensive, and trying to weasel information out of JC about his role, which seems pro-town currently. What more do we need at this point in time? A full claim?
Well, in my defense, I had the most votes at the time (and still do), and yet I don't know why. If you were in my position, wouldn't you be doing the same? As for JC's role, I agree that he seems pro-town, but it'd still be nice to understand what he means by getting nothing on Atticus. Does that mean that he was roleblocked? That Atty didn't visit someone? That nobody visited Atty? Sydney also brought it up. It both helps me trust his suspicions and understand where he's coming from. If he wants to claim, he can. GDL and Music have both done it. I'm not making him though.

Both. What seems off? He's telling our vig and cop what to do. That's generally a no-no.
What seemed off was that it could have double meanings, as well as that face, that could be seen as a "shifty look". Anyway, I think it's okay for town to influence the cop and vig. A decision like that can be hard to make on your own, so if I was either I'd appreciate it. As for "calling out PRs" are you referring to yourself?

Also, about MF's Commuter claim, I'm not sure what to think about it. I put some thought into it and, if the Commuter leaves every night, doesn't that essentially make them Bulletproof? Wouldn't this be an easy claim for BP Mafia or even the GF? It's just a thought. With all of these claims that have been happening (especially with one being confirmed to be fake), I'm not inclined to believe too many people (besides GDL who can't be the Mafia Roleblocker).
Well, I believe MF. While he could be a bulletproof scum, I doubt it, as it's confirmed that we have a commuter and nobody has counterclaimed him.

VOTE: Kirino
I'm not the only one with suspicions in that direction, and even JC is telling us to lynch him today. We just need someone to start us off.

Kirino

Tatakae
JC, suddenly basing an entire lynch on me simply because of the fact that I voted for Fig is silly. Even more, we now (according to Viral, at least, who I'm inclined to believe simply because I can't at all see him making this up as scum) have a confirmed target to go after, yet you insist that I be lynched first, while at the same time brushing aside or ignoring everything else. I don't really see why you're that certain of me based on the evidence available or why you're so eager to start a bandwagon on me all of a sudden.

Pokalink did start the lynch to save himself. However, his lynch at some point was inevitable, especially after Fig turned town and since there were no other major suspects, and it was clear that he would be lynched probably the next day; I also viewed him as weak and inexperienced at the time. Pokalink was basically a goner, and, for all I knew if I were scum, Fig was just a minor play who may or may not have been a PR of any kind. With that in mind, there's no good reason for me to have taken this action as scum. Doing this would have (and did) cause perpetual suspicion to fall on me, would have probably caused me to be investigated or nightkilled, and quite possibly even lynched. No matter how you look at it, the minor benefits don't outweigh the cost or the risks. If anything, I'd have tried to get on Poka's bandwagon early and sacrificed him to gain town cred instead of screwing myself over just to delay the inevitable by a day. I'm cautious and self-preserving as scum, and I'm willing to sacrifice others for that purpose, so this action would be very odd and inconsistent from me, and I think it'd be a bad decision. That's just how I am and how I play, it's how I'd advise my scumbuds to play, and it's how I've played in the past (i.e. Fate/Zero).

Also, unless you assume that both Viral and I are scum (a pretty wild stretch), then I'd have been the only scumbuddy to join Poka on his bandwagon. Like I said, I'd probably be the last person to do something like that, especially if no one else did.

Your retort to the point about there being no way I would do this as scum will obviously be WIFOM and the fact that I could use this very argument to deflect suspicion from me in this case, but I don't think that holds up. This act was incredibly scummy and was so seemingly blatant that no one could have expected a flimsy WIFOM defense to actually work in deflecting suspicion. Could it have prevented me from being lynched, and could it do that now? Maybe. Could it have prevented perpetual suspicion from falling on me and making me a top suspect? Almost certainly not. I don't think there's any way or scenario in which I could be confident enough in this justification to the point of actually going through with lynching Fig as scum and thinking I'd survive or be believed.

No elaborate attempt to put myself out there and save my scumbud at the last second or anything. I just didn't see Poka as very suspicious and thought Fig was a better target, so I took a shot. That's it.

Vote: Dekunut

Like I said before, I'm inclined to trust Viral simply for the reason that I can't at all see him making this up as scum, and there don't seem to be any other viable suspects (aside from me, of course). Obviously, this is at least partially out of a desire to not die on my part, but I'd have voted him regardless.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Like I said before, I'm inclined to trust Viral simply for the reason that I can't at all see him making this up as scum, and there don't seem to be any other viable suspects (aside from me, of course). Obviously, this is at least partially out of a desire to not die on my part, but I'd have voted him regardless.
What do you mean he couldn't make this up as scum? Make what up? All he's said is "lynch Deku" and "Deku is scummy" and the like. Anyone can come up with that. I think it's more of the second point than the first from you.

Kirino

Tatakae
What do you mean he couldn't make this up as scum? Make what up? All he's said is "lynch Deku" and "Deku is scummy" and the like. Anyone can come up with that. I think it's more of the second point than the first from you.

Of course. I just can't imagine him saying "I know Deku is scum, trust me and let's lynch him" if he were Mafia. What motives would he have that would justify doing that? If he were scum, why would he pick you specifically and suddenly decide to start a bandwagon on you? Furthermore, why would he put himself at risk like that and essentially ensure his demise just to get a single person lynched? If you're the SK, I suppose I can understand it, but I'd imagine they'd just nightkill you instead of sacrificing a player for it.

Big Octo

=^)
Heroine and LG are also leaning Town

Well I sure HOPE that LG is leaning town for you.

If he was scum and was making this up, he's basically getting himself killed. If you flip town then without a doubt either the Vig will take out Viral or he'll be lynched tomorrow.

EBWODP

Vote: Deku

There's no way Viral would be this confident and be scum. Again, if he is somehow Mafia, he's guaranteed dead.

Unless he's a lyncher... However, the shortened day leads me to believe that the other Third Party role is a Dreaming God, as it definitely sounds like an ability the DG would have.

Last edited:
If justac00lguy's only lead on wanting to lynch Kirino is based on the Fig lynch, I'm going to be blunt and say that's a stupid thing to derive the entirety of the argument from. If you having supporting evidence for it, then by all means share it, but just judging from what I've seen today, it seems incredibly weak. justac00lguy's quick vote also seems like a desperate attempt to create a bandwagon before the Deku one gets started and garners support, so there's that too. Like the others have said, Viral is digging his own grave if Deku is town, and we'll have better things to go off of against Kirino if Viral is indeed mafia. So no, I don't think I'll be voting for Kirino today.

Are we going with Deku just because Viral told us to? His incredibly forceful attitude (something I haven't seen from him in any mafia games I've played with him, at least to the extent he's currently showing) indicates that he's either an important PR with good information, or a Lyncher that's about to win the game for himself. Is there anyone in the context of Smash Bros that would make sense as a Lyncher/Lynchee?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Trust me on this lynch guys, Leslie is scum.

Err EBWODP
JC, suddenly basing an entire lynch on me simply because of the fact that I voted for Fig is silly. Even more, we now (according to Viral, at least, who I'm inclined to believe simply because I can't at all see him making this up as scum) have a confirmed target to go after, yet you insist that I be lynched first, while at the same time brushing aside or ignoring everything else. I don't really see why you're that certain of me based on the evidence available or why you're so eager to start a bandwagon on me all of a sudden.
You're wrong on several things here. The lynch isn't based on your vote for Fig; it's the whole situation surrounding it. Poka had a legitimate reason to be lynched. You had no suspicion on Fig until you realised you had to step in. You also gave a very weak reason:

Fig took things very seriously during Day 1, which fits in line pretty well with his personality rather well, although the removal of his vote on Pancake near the end of his day (while still seeming to tacitly support his lynch) is particularly scummy to me. I think I'm most comfortable voting for him.
Yeah we had very little to go on and I know your argument is "I found him more suspicious" but it was the timing. The final moments of the day, what you couldn't have spoken up earlier? You're not the type of player to make an irrational mistake, which makes me thing you are Mafia trying to save your scum bud. You definitely wouldn't have done this if you were Town. Plus you didn't even explain your action the following day, or attempt to step in, say you were wrong yesterday and scum hunt the following day. You play style has basically been: sit back, make last minute decisions, and survive. Any player who bases their playstyle around survival is either 3rd party or scum.

Kirino said:
Pokalink did start the lynch to save himself. However, his lynch at some point was inevitable, especially after Fig turned town and since there were no other major suspects, and it was clear that he would be lynched probably the next day; I also viewed him as weak and inexperienced at the time. Pokalink was basically a goner, and, for all I knew if I were scum, Fig was just a minor play who may or may not have been a PR of any kind. With that in mind, there's no good reason for me to have taken this action as scum.
I don't believe this for one second. You're forgetting Poka was the Mafia RB'er which is arguably one of Mafia's strongest roles. It allows them to suppress any power roles, which is incredibly useful especially when there's claimed players. So your whole argument about "there was no reason, if I was scum, to save Poka" is kind of wrong.

Kirino said:
Doing this would have (and did) cause perpetual suspicion to fall on me, would have probably caused me to be investigated or nightkilled, and quite possibly even lynched. No matter how you look at it, the minor benefits don't outweigh the cost or the risks. If anything, I'd have tried to get on Poka's bandwagon early and sacrificed him to gain town cred instead of screwing myself over just to delay the inevitable by a day.
No you took the risk because you didn't want to lose your RB'er and something tells me that you didn't mind if people targeted you during the night... hmm could it be that... Anyway, you shied away once Fig was lynched hoping that any suspicion would just go. Funnily enough it kind of did, it seems like I'm the only one bringing light to it though, which is why Poka was pushing for my lynch yesterday and he got very desperate in the end. Almost as if Poka knew that if he were lynched, you or Viral would be next.

Kirino said:
I'm cautious and self-preserving as scum, and I'm willing to sacrifice others for that purpose, so this action would be very odd and inconsistent from me, and I think it'd be a bad decision. That's just how I am and how I play, it's how I'd advise my scumbuds to play, and it's how I've played in the past (i.e. Fate/Zero).
Doesn't exactly justify why you would change. I've had similar play styles from game-to-game; however you adapt to certain situations and in this case you felt the need to step in.

Kirino said:
Your retort to the point about there being no way I would do this as scum will obviously be WIFOM and the fact that I could use this very argument to deflect suspicion from me in this case, but I don't think that holds up. This act was incredibly scummy and was so seemingly blatant that no one could have expected a flimsy WIFOM defense to actually work in deflecting suspicion. Could it have prevented me from being lynched, and could it do that now? Maybe. Could it have prevented perpetual suspicion from falling on me and making me a top suspect? Almost certainly not. I don't think there's any way or scenario in which I could be confident enough in this justification to the point of actually going through with lynching Fig as scum and thinking I'd survive or be believed.
You're going out of your way here to justify your actions. Your argument is basically summed up in that you wouldn't do this if you were scum. This in itself, even the perspective you're telling it from, seems like you're trying to justify your actions from a Mafia's point for view. You can't defend yourself by saying "I would never do that". If everyone used this same argument, Mafia games would go nowhere.

Kirino said:
You're blindly trusting a player? Oh no, you're just voting for Deku to lessen the chances of yourself being lynched.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
If justac00lguy's only lead on wanting to lynch Kirino is based on the Fig lynch, I'm going to be blunt and say that's a stupid thing to derive the entirety of the argument from. If you having supporting evidence for it, then by all means share it, but just judging from what I've seen today, it seems incredibly weak. justac00lguy's quick vote also seems like a desperate attempt to create a bandwagon before the Deku one gets started and garners support, so there's that too. Like the others have said, Viral is digging his own grave if Deku is town, and we'll have better things to go off of against Kirino if Viral is indeed mafia. So no, I don't think I'll be voting for Kirino today.

Are we going with Deku just because Viral told us to? His incredibly forceful attitude (something I haven't seen from him in any mafia games I've played with him, at least to the extent he's currently showing) indicates that he's either an important PR with good information, or a Lyncher that's about to win the game for himself. Is there anyone in the context of Smash Bros that would make sense as a Lyncher/Lynchee?
King Dedede might be a lyncher.

Kirino

Tatakae
Trust me on this lynch guys, Leslie is scum.

If you can't reveal what your role is or how it lets you know this, then there's not really anything putting your claim over Viral's, at least that would cause me to be lynched today instead of Deku. I suppose if you did reveal or hint at your role, however, it might be quite dangerous for you, which I can understand.

You're wrong on several things here. The lynch isn't based on your vote for Fig; it's the whole situation surrounding it. Poka had a legitimate reason to be lynched. You had no suspicion on Fig until you realised you had to step in. You also gave a very weak reason:

Even if the context of the situation in which I made the vote on Fig is the problem, me saying "the vote" is inclusive of that context. Also, how do you know I didn't have any suspicion on Fig until the end? And I already stated that I didn't think Poka had a legitimate reason to be lynched at the time; didn't feel like Fig did either, really, but I felt I had to choose in order to prevent a no lynch, which as you know is the bane of my existence.

Yeah we had very little to go on and I know your argument is "I found him more suspicious" but it was the timing. The final moments of the day, what you couldn't have spoken up earlier? You're not the type of player to make an irrational mistake, which makes me thing you are Mafia trying to save your scum bud. You definitely wouldn't have done this if you were Town. Plus you didn't even explain your action the following day, or attempt to step in, say you were wrong yesterday and scum hunt the following day. You play style has basically been: sit back, make last minute decisions, and survive. Any player who bases their playstyle around survival is either 3rd party or scum.

I understand your concerns regarding the timing of my vote and how it could come off as scummy, but I can't really do much to defend myself against this except offer the account of why I choose to do so. Which is that I hadn't been active and had neglected the game somewhat, and I decided to offer my thoughts and lynch someone at the end in order to prevent a no lynch. Fig is who I found more suspicious, so I took a shot, and evidently I was wrong.

I also did explain my actions first post in the following day, and I offered my suspicions and thoughts on the players, and eventually voted for Poka, which I think qualifies as scumhunting at least to an extent. If by "didn't say you were wrong" you think it's suspicious that I didn't express remorse for lynching Fig or didn't say I made a mistake, then sorry, but I really don't see any point in that. Viral was equally unapologetic.

I don't believe this for one second. You're forgetting Poka was the Mafia RB'er which is arguably one of Mafia's strongest roles. It allows them to suppress any power roles, which is incredibly useful especially when there's claimed players. So your whole argument about "there was no reason, if I was scum, to save Poka" is kind of wrong.

I know he was, and I agree that there was reasons to save Poka; I just said there were no good reasons that would reasonably justify my action. I was just saying that his fate was mostly sealed and that he was probably going to be lynched the next day, and given the circumstances, going out of my way to save him like that would have been a bad move with the benefits being drastically being outweighed by the negative effects. Hence, no good reason for me to do what I did.

No you took the risk because you didn't want to lose your RB'er and something tells me that you didn't mind if people targeted you during the night... hmm could it be that... Anyway, you shied away once Fig was lynched hoping that any suspicion would just go. Funnily enough it kind of did, it seems like I'm the only one bringing light to it though, which is why Poka was pushing for my lynch yesterday and he got very desperate in the end. Almost as if Poka knew that if he were lynched, you or Viral would be next.

What tells you that, JC? What are you implying?

I don't think I shied away from anything, seeing as how I explained my actions the first chance I got, and I was about as active on that day as I was on the previous days, so it's not like my activity lessened to prevent eyes from being focused on me. If anything, lurking would only make me look more suspicious, and, as you can see here, I'm not afraid of defending myself. It's just that the only mention of it was you asking me why, which I responded to, and I didn't see any reason to defend myself further considering that I wasn't accused afterwards. Only other thing I remember was being suggested as an investigation target by the cop, which I've never had any objections to.

You're actually right in that people mostly neglected focusing on me though, and I was particularly surprised by that because I expected a lot of backlash. It seems that nearly everyone had some latent suspicion on me, though, and that they were mostly just preoccupied with Poka. Think you're jumping to conclusions by saying it was in defense of Viral and I as his potential scumbuds.

As for Poka pushing for your lynch, I think that was partially because of OMGUS, partially because he saw you as a threat, and partially because he saw you as an easy target due to LG's suspicions of you and felt like it'd be easy to pick you out and jump on you.

Doesn't exactly justify why you would change. I've had similar play styles from game-to-game; however you adapt to certain situations and in this case you felt the need to step in.

Fair enough if you think that, I guess. I'm just saying that what you're proposing completely contradicts my established playstyle and values in Mafia, and it's something that I'd consider to be a bad idea by my own rules.

You're going out of your way here to justify your actions.

Well, yes. There's a good possibility of me being lynched and I'm a top suspect, so of course I want to defend myself.

Your argument is basically summed up in that you wouldn't do this if you were scum. This in itself, even the perspective you're telling it from, seems like you're trying to justify your actions from a Mafia's point for view. You can't defend yourself by saying "I would never do that". If everyone used this same argument, Mafia games would go nowhere.

I actually can, considering it's a valid point backed up by tons of reasoning and evidence and supported by meta. There are several very good reasons to believe I wouldn't do that if I were scum, and there is no reason that it isn't a perfectly valid defense. Me doing what I did as scum would be entirely illogical and nonsensical even as a hypothetical, and would completely contradict everything about who I am as a player. If you're going to respond with "well, you did that illogical and contradictory action on purpose so you could use this very argument that you wouldn't do that!", then I already addressed that in advance in the quote you just responded to.

You're blindly trusting a player? Oh no, you're just voting for Deku to lessen the chances of yourself being lynched.

Did you not read my posts? I'm not "blindly" trusting him. You literally just ignored all the reasoning I gave and said "you just want to save yourself you scum!". Frankly, that's how a child argues, and when you do things like this, it shows how obsessed you are with lynching me. I also admitted that I was voting for Deku at least partially out of self-interest, but it's not my primary reasoning.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
No, not a PR, or lyncher. But you have no reason to believe that, I guess. Once Poka admitted he was scum yesterday during Twilight (or a little before), at that moment I knew Deku Nut was scum too. There are no night actions involved since I called for his lynch during Twilight of Day 3. I'm more than willing to take a mafia NK if it gives the rest of our PRs a better chance at hitting remaining scum tonight though, so that's no problem.

What seemed off was that it could have double meanings, as well as that face, that could be seen as a "shifty look". Anyway, I think it's okay for town to influence the cop and vig. A decision like that can be hard to make on your own, so if I was either I'd appreciate it. As for "calling out PRs" are you referring to yourself?

The best influence on the vig, or cop, or RB is a player who is the 2nd scummiest person, or someone who adamantly defended a mafioso, or the like. Suggesting that 'Black Kirby is kind of avoiding discussion so lets vig him,' or 'Lets vig/cop the people a town-lynch because it would be awesome if the vig and the cop both targeted the same player' is just plain bad play, especially when it looks like the vig is somewhat inexperienced with the role. As for the cop, I can't say but seeing as no one has come out so far claiming to be cop and found 2 mafia the past two nights, we can assume the cop is just as inexperienced and has been hitting townies.

@JC: You seem of the mind that Mafia would risk their neck for their RB on Day 2. Before they discovered the SK, before they discovered you have some sort of tracker watcher role thing. I can only see a mafia goon doing so. The rest of the mafia, if they all have PRs like strongman, or role cop, would be less inclined, from my own experience to jump in for a RBer, especially at a point in the game where they only know there is a mason, and vig (who has a penchant for townies at the moment).
There is no 99% sure that either me or Leslie is scum because we decided to vote Fig. There is only 'I believe I am 99% sure'.

---

First off, the posts that just give me a bad feeling:

I sense a viggy Link, a masony Mario, and a scummy Biwser.
Sucks Koki and ALIT were kille though.

Yeah. Wario's laugh is "Wa-ha-ha", not "Bwa-ha-ha"

Seems to be pushy that 'Bahaha' is a bowser thing. Deku nut comments on very little character based stuff, but always has something to say about what characters may be mafia.

Well, the night didn't turn out great, but it could be worse I guess. It looks like the SK was roleblocked. GDL, who did you target? That may have been it.
[...]
Now I'm going to look at the character list. While I admit that Pit is the first character to come to mind, he may not be the only one with wings. It's worth checking out.

Ebwoqp: there's also Charizard, Falco, and Meta Knight with wings. It could be any one of those four. I'm thinking Falco myself, but I could be wrong.

The night turned out actually amazing. Only 1 vanilla townie dead... Second time he's said the 'Oh man, last night sucked' thing.
As for the RBer role, he clearly mentions Meta Knight, but goes for Falco instead. This is truly interesting.

---

Anyway, onto the juicy bits.

Me and Pendio were the first two to vote for Poka yesterday.

Why? You gave no reasons. You didn't even vote for him yesterday. You voted for Music.

That would make sense. Probably a 1- or 2-shot.

You also didn't vote for Poka. You were on the Fig lynch. Why jump onto voting for him because of Pendio?

Here Dekunut calls me and Pendio out for voting Poka and putting him out in front at the start of the day.

Deku again, defending Poka:

I guess it's time to talk about what I think of Poka, isn't it?
First of all, that was a surprising turn of events yesterday evening, with the Fig lynch and all. I'm still not sure of Draco's input there, but that's something for tomorrow.
Here are the votes for Poka yesterday and their reasons:
Fused: Didn't respond to previous pressure (NOTE: Pressure Vote)
JC: Going with the flow; JC doesn't want to vote for Music (who claimed)
Fig: Vague on reasoning for vote on Fig; Previous vote on Music
He only got three votes yesterday. You guys say that Fused was spearheading his lynch, but only voted him for pressure. That was the last time he posted anything that had to do with the game after; he had one post after that, which was asking about Draco's name change. Therefore, Fused didn't have any real suspicion on Poka. Killing him could've easily been the mafia killing the first person to vote for him in order to frame him. Moving on.
JC's vote actually had some reasoning behind it. He argued that Poka just went with the flow. Gummy brought it up both yesterday and today, and we can see why he did that. I still think that Fig was not "going with the flow", as Poka was the first vote, but that's beside the point. Also, JC thought of it as either Poka or Music. Currently, both are still alive.
Fig only voted for him because Poka's reasons for voting for him were vague. I didn't find that post, so I can't say anything about that. However, his vote for Music remains scummy in my mind.
Mezlo also considered voting him, but once again preferred the idea of Poka because MF, the alternative, softclaimed.
Today's votes on Poka:
Pendio: Watch reactions (Unvoted)
Viral: Because Pendio voted for him
JC: See above reasons; last-minute lynch avoidance; Fused died after Poka vote
Kirby: No other worthy votes
In other words, while yesterday's votes had substance, most of today's were just kind of thrown out there.
Overall? I don't see enough reasoning for me to vote for him, though I can see some slight suspicion. I'm not sure who to vote for right now... I'm keeping it to myself for a little bit longer. Any questions?
Note how he tries to invalidate everyone's vote on Poka... When Heroine calls out Deku's analysis, Deku goes as far as IGMOEYing Poka. That's it...

Here's Poka's scum list, and town list:
Suspicions:

1. Probably Viral at this point the way you've been acting seems so flip floppy and passive.

2. BlackKirby, even more covert then Viral, and has contributed a lot less then Viral, he also had been following bandwagons a lot.

3. JC, this is mostly a gut feeling, the way he says things like "PokaLink always follows others" when as others have pointed out I have been actively thinking for myself. He makes assumptions and doesn't seem to listen to anyone else, again this is mostly a gut-feeling, I don't have much to back this up (Partially because i'm to lazy to go back and read) but you asked me what my suspicions were.

4. Musicfan if only a little has been kinda of weird, in fact yesterday I had full intention to switch my vote to MF so I wouldn't die, but since for some reason the Fig bandwagon took of I had no reason to. We still don't know if the commuter is in this game, but it would make sense if they didn't want to claim, because if they did mafia could rally for his/her lynch, or use some kind of night ability.

5. Kirino, IDK about this one, he acted brash last night, but I've done the same, so who am I to judge, hes also been a little inactive also.

6. To add to 5 all of the players who have been mostly inactive have just as of a good chance of being Mafia as I do, in fact probably more, since we have so many Mafia we should really start drilling the inactives.

Who I think are most likely townies:

HoT, LG, Pendio, and Dekunut so far those four have actively contributed to this game, have analysed the game and every persons actions, and most of all have been extremely active.

He throws a lot of names out there, including LG who was town, but what stands out the most is that his most active defender, Deku Nut, is on his town list. At this point Deku however has actively stopped defending Poka after Heroine poked some holes into his analysis (the previous quote).

Deku Nut was initially very vocal about questioning the legitemacy of MF's commuter claim which I will post below the next quote, but here, however, he takes Poka terrible fake claim at face value, and immediately votes for JC.

Well, it is the last day. While I haven't been talking too much about JC, he seems more suspicious to me than Poka right now. And, with his claim, I think it may be a good idea to keep Poka around a little longer. I'll be doing more research into this role though.
Vote: JC
He seems to be getting more and more desperate with each post, and people keep disproving many of his arguments. If we have to have a lynch, he's my choice.

Below are his reactions to MF's claim:
More likely the Mafia will try to lynch the commuter. It would be more efficient and they wouldn't need to waste the NK to check if it's an odd-night or every-night commuter.
Here he is trying to shed doubt on MF early on, before most of us were convinced MF was/is commuter.
Yknow, Commuter is an easy role to claim at this point, as it's all but confirmed. I'm not saying that he's lying, but don't automatically assume.
And the character soft claim goes for the same. Jamie thought up these pairings, so it's not impossible for someone else to come up with a believable one.
If you were soft claiming commuter, then it wasn't a good one. "Slow" is not a way most people would hint towards that role.

Not once does he pressure MF (as far as I've seen). He just tries to sow doubt, and then when most players say they believe MF, he moves on.

There a bit more there, but I'm getting tired. Note as well how Deku Nut has been trying to grasp at roles too. Asking JC about his role, asking me if I had a PR, as if I'm some sort of day cop that got a guilty result on him before last night.

Once Poka flipped scum, the obvious next choice is Deku nut, not because they played closely, but because how they seemed so distance and yet so close to each other during the last few days, and how quickly they acted to defend each other.

That is why I am voting Deku Nut. This isn't some power role based bull****, with me saying 'trust me guis'. This is me looking back and saying Deku nut is our best bet. I'm like 80-90% sure.

tl;dr: vote Deku Nut because walls of text.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't know how to defend myself. You're all trusting someone because he's saying I'm scum and sounding sure of it. How do we know he isn't scum and thinks I'm a power role? That's one possibility.
Overall, I can't explain his actions, nor can I argue them. I literally have nothing here. It's up to you guys if you want to lynch me for nothing.
Let me call some people out who haven't done much. Thar, Firice, Stitch, Heroine have you guys posted today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom