• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ok I have read the Night Scene and it is a shame that Captain Falcon is gone! I love C. Falcon as he's one of my mains in Project M! Moving on, I do believe that it was in a Communter's room that the killer was trying to attack. Speaking of the killer, I do believe that this is Wario no doubt as he is the only character to have such a comical laugh as "Bwa-ha-ha" or "Wha-ha-ha". Not to mention, Wario usually laughs before he knows what's really going on as seen during the Subspace Emissary. As of now, we have three members who can potentially kill: We have Link as the Vig, Wario as part of the mafia, and then we have the second killer with knife. This character however seems more likely as the SK no doubt, the only problem is who this could be. I personally believe it could either Shiek or Snake. Look at what the killer was using as a weapon:

Snake and Shiek both fall under the category of using stealth, whether as shown in their respective movesets or from the games they come from. Shiek does have the Needle Storm move as the Standard Special move. I'm not so sure if Jamie or anyone here is familiar with Project M, but it's basically a mod for Brawl to have the aesthetics of Brawl with the physics of Melee (i.e. Wavedashing, one air dodge until contact has been made again, easier to combo, etc.) In Project M, Snake has gained a blade knife as his Forward Smash. Villager is the third and final option that I think would make sense as this second killer mainly because for him being infamous for his many memes of him holding his axe, which in turn could somewhat could be seen as a bigger knife. Of course, this is just speculation and any character could have been given a knife, but I'm going to assume that this game is going to be accurate on all of the characters and their roles and their weapons will be based on what they use in the Smash Bros. series.

1) I doubt Project M counts here, as it isn't canon.
2) everyone has cloaks, and no killers want to be seen
3) we spent most of today talking about these things and you didn't mention any of our ideas. Have you read the day yet?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Is ALiT ever not going to get killed night 1?

Anyway, I think the wording of the night scene makes it quite obvious who the killers were. The vig is Link, the SK seems to be the Villager, and the failed kill was quite obviously done by either Bowser or Wario.

I'm not too sure what the whole deal is with the jailer thing. I like what people have said about the commuter, as the wording of the night scene definitely looks as if it's implying the existence of a commuter.

Sorry I can't give any more input right now, I'm quite busy and tired and just wanted to get at least a post in before the end of the IRL day.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Just curious, but why her?

What did I do, GDL? I'm just a trickster playing mafia

Well as I read through Day 1 she was the only one that really stood out to me. Of course most of the day was random nonsense, but the few parts where it did get serious, including the end, she usually just made short posts saying things that didn't look suspicious but felt like she was trying not to draw attention to herself, which made me feel like she might be mafia. Other choices would have been one of the people who tend to be evil (yes I'm looking at you, Pendio) but I thought it better to go for her.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well as I read through Day 1 she was the only one that really stood out to me. Of course most of the day was random nonsense, but the few parts where it did get serious, including the end, she usually just made short posts saying things that didn't look suspicious but felt like she was trying not to draw attention to herself, which made me feel like she might be mafia. Other choices would have been one of the people who tend to be evil (yes I'm looking at you, Pendio) but I thought it better to go for her.

So... gut feeling?

Fig

The Altruist
1) I doubt Project M counts here, as it isn't canon.
2) everyone has cloaks, and no killers want to be seen
3) we spent most of today talking about these things and you didn't mention any of our ideas. Have you read the day yet?

1. Just because it isn't a canonical game, doesn't mean it isn't well known. Project M is the second most played game in the franchise and for good reason as it allows to have a competitive scene using Brawl's engine. 95% of the Smash community at least know what Project M is whether they are competitive or casual. There's no denying Project M's popularity since it was first developed and as I stated in my post, I said it was assuming if Jamie was familiar with Project M then it would be possible.

2. I never focused on the appearance of a character's attire, but mainly on the knife at hand. Sure the clothing could be hidden, but the weapon was clearly stated on the Night Scene. Therefore I argue that you can easily tell which character is which based on the preferred weapon of choice, in this case a knife that only Shiek, Snake, and Villager are associated with to some degree.

3. Here's the thing, I have read all of these responses prior to my post, I just don't see any reason for me to restate what has already been stated for the fourth or fifth time. I agree with the idea that there is a Communter rather than a jailer. I agree that Link is the Vig and that Wario is a mafia member. I don't believe I disagreed with one's analysis as there is logic behind it. I just don't see what could be different if I simply restated what has already been mentioned and practically agreed on with the rest of the players other than the fact that I'm agreeing with them.

Big Octo

=^)
Therefore I argue that you can easily tell which character is which based on the preferred weapon of choice, in this case a knife that only Shiek, Snake, and Villager are associated with to some degree.

You don't need to rely on weapon of choice to figure out the SK is the villager. Remember, the mod can take several liberties with the flavor text.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Whoever the Vig is needs to hold off until we have a solid hunch on who may be scum, otherwise we're going to be thinned out very quickly... But, that being said at least we know two people who are definitely town, right? We can't control the SK to that much of an extent, unless they are willing to work with town, so we have 2 deaths per night that we have no control over and we need to try and nail down the scum asap.

RIP Luigi, may favorite smash character.

Pen

The game is on!
We can't control the SK to that much of an extent, unless they are willing to work with town, so we have 2 deaths per night that we have no control over and we need to try and nail down the scum asap.

I think the SK would be very willing to cooperate with the Town, considering what great of a threat the Mafia is to him (especially during the night periods).

If people were wondering about my thoughts on the night scene, I guess I can summarize them here. Firstly Link, the Vigilante accidentally night killed Luigi, one of the Masons (Kirion). Secondly The Villager, the SK attempted to night kill someone who was apparently simultaneously protected by Captain Falcon, the Bodyguard (ALIT). That's why ALIT died instead (or the SK did target ALIT and I'm just reading too much into it). And thirdly the Mafia send away either Wario or Bowser to perform the kill, but the night kill target was either a Commuter or he/she had been targeted by a Jailkeeper (could have also been a simple Doctor protection as far as we know though...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom