• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So Vig killed Koki (hopefully he/she didn't make themselves too obvious to the Mafia) and if seems the SK targeted Alit. However it seems like someone else targeted Alit:

Night Scene said:
He decided to make his escape. "Time to go back to my village!" he stated, as he ran out of the room. In another room, another cloaked figure entered. However, this room was completely empty. "BWAHAHAHAH!! Wait, where is he?" the figure stated, scratching his head. His target was nowhere to be found, and so he left the room. "I guess I have to report this back to the boss," he grunted, not especially excited for what might happen.
The SK, who I assume is the Villager (mainly because of the reference to going back to his village), left the room where Alit was and then Mafia entered the now empty room with no target in sight. Basically Mafia attempted to NK Alit as did the SK. I'll post some more tomorrow, possibly on the preceeding day.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well hello everyone, excited to be here. After getting through the several pages of music, semi-naked men, cooking, etc that was the first day I think I'm pretty caught up. So I see Keiko has already claimed so I can confirm that the claim was real and truly my role. If you wanna know who I roleblocked, as Pendio asked, it was ~Mizuki~. Don't know if that had any sort of impact on the night or not.
I also want to point out about the night scene:
The SK, who I assume is the Villager (mainly because of the reference to going back to his village), left the room where Alit was and then Mafia entered the now empty room with no target in sight. Basically Mafia attempted to NK Alit as did the SK. I'll post some more tomorrow, possibly on the preceeding day.
I don't think that's quite true. After all, the scene says that the mafia member who seems to be Bowser entered another room, not the one where Alit was killed. So they must have targeted someone else who was either, like others have said, jailed or something like that.

Finally, as I told Jamie, I'm going on a trip on Friday and won't have internet until Monday, so sadly I might not be much help during that period of time. Seeing as the situation the person I replaced left me in is kind of rocky, I can only hope I live to see the next day. But I will try to help out as much as I can! This will be interesting as I've never been in a game where everyone knows my role from the get-go.
Nevertheless, that's all I have to say for now.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well hello everyone, excited to be here. After getting through the several pages of music, semi-naked men, cooking, etc that was the first day I think I'm pretty caught up. So I see Keiko has already claimed so I can confirm that the claim was real and truly my role. If you wanna know who I roleblocked, as Pendio asked, it was ~Mizuki~. Don't know if that had any sort of impact on the night or not.
I also want to point out about the night scene:

I don't think that's quite true. After all, the scene says that the mafia member who seems to be Bowser entered another room, not the one where Alit was killed. So they must have targeted someone else who was either, like others have said, jailed or something like that.

Finally, as I told Jamie, I'm going on a trip on Friday and won't have internet until Monday, so sadly I might not be much help during that period of time. Seeing as the situation the person I replaced left me in is kind of rocky, I can only hope I live to see the next day. But I will try to help out as much as I can! This will be interesting as I've never been in a game where everyone knows my role from the get-go.
Nevertheless, that's all I have to say for now.
Ugh how did I read over that? Thanks for correcting me.

---

With this now in mind there might be more to the night that I first anticipated. Why was the room empty? What could this imply?

Big Octo

=^)
As Deku said, the character may have been jailed. Not sure about the commuter as that's usually a third party role.

Kirino

Tatakae
Vig killed Koki, SK most likely killed ALIT, and the mafia targeted someone, but the kill didn't go through. The flavor made it seem like it wasn't a doctor or a roleblocker, so the kill might have been redirected, or perhaps they targeted a commuter, like Deku said. Those are really the only explanations that come to mind.

Yeah, like GDL explained, it says he entered another room. Furthermore, someone else (either his fellow mason or the person he was protecting) was with ALIT, so the room wouldn't have been empty anyway. The way the night scene was written, though, this was kind of easy to miss.

If you wanna know who I roleblocked, as Pendio asked, it was ~Mizuki~. Don't know if that had any sort of impact on the night or not.

Just curious, but why her?

Kirino

Tatakae
As Deku said, the character may have been jailed. Not sure about the commuter as that's usually a third party role.

I don't think it's possible that the target was jailed, since the night scene states that ALIT was with another person, who was almost certainly the one he jailed. The mafia member entered another, empty room, so they couldn't have targeted the jailed person.

Also, from the Mafia wiki: "Because they cannot use Night actions, almost all Commuters are pro-Town."

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Only just looked up the definition of Commuter and yeah I'm pretty certain this is what happened. I'm sure the night scene would have touched upon if the target was protected in some fashion, but it doesn't. The scene plays out as if everyone is situated within a specific room; however this person obviously was not there. Commuter makes perfect sense.

Kirino

Tatakae
Actually, I wasn't paying attention, and ALIT isn't the jailer. However, if there's a bodyguard, then there being a jailer is very unlikely, imo, and the night scene didn't indicate anyone being protected, so I think we can still rule it out.

That being said, I think commuter is by far the most likely option.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Can I ask where the Jailer thing came from? I get its definition now that I've looked it up, but it doesn't really fit into events.

Big Octo

=^)
Ask Deku about the Jailer thing as he brought it up originally. I've only seen commuter as third party so that's where I got that notion from. It does make much more sense now.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I feel like I should read back through Day 1 for some help today, but then I saw it was 30 pages long ._.

And, erm, Mr(s). Vigilante, try not to become too trigger happy, okay? I don't really know why you targeted Koki, but if it had to do with this post, I've already stated what I thought of that here.

Fig

The Altruist
Ok I have read the Night Scene and it is a shame that Captain Falcon is gone! I love C. Falcon as he's one of my mains in Project M! Moving on, I do believe that it was in a Communter's room that the killer was trying to attack. Speaking of the killer, I do believe that this is Wario no doubt as he is the only character to have such a comical laugh as "Bwa-ha-ha" or "Wha-ha-ha". Not to mention, Wario usually laughs before he knows what's really going on as seen during the Subspace Emissary. As of now, we have three members who can potentially kill: We have Link as the Vig, Wario as part of the mafia, and then we have the second killer with knife. This character however seems more likely as the SK no doubt, the only problem is who this could be. I personally believe it could either Shiek or Snake. Look at what the killer was using as a weapon:

Night Scene said:
Elsewhere, another cloaked figure was running around, knife in hand.

Snake and Shiek both fall under the category of using stealth, whether as shown in their respective movesets or from the games they come from. Shiek does have the Needle Storm move as the Standard Special move. I'm not so sure if Jamie or anyone here is familiar with Project M, but it's basically a mod for Brawl to have the aesthetics of Brawl with the physics of Melee (i.e. Wavedashing, one air dodge until contact has been made again, easier to combo, etc.) In Project M, Snake has gained a blade knife as his Forward Smash. Villager is the third and final option that I think would make sense as this second killer mainly because for him being infamous for his many memes of him holding his axe, which in turn could somewhat could be seen as a bigger knife. Of course, this is just speculation and any character could have been given a knife, but I'm going to assume that this game is going to be accurate on all of the characters and their roles and their weapons will be based on what they use in the Smash Bros. series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom