• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brothers Universe Wishlist

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
No more clones please.

There aren't. Brawl eliminated the concept. Right now, there is only semi-clones. Everybody is slowly being Luigified to become their own character. Can't be bothered explaining, so I'll just be lazy and leave you with this quote of mine.

Clones are the real offenders here, with movesets that are hardly original. While this does lead to an easier time balancing, they are generally frowned upon by the audience for being lazy entries in the roster, despite the characters themselves generally being popular. There are frequent suggestions by the fanbase to make completely original movesets. This, I am not a fan of. I simply want some further luigification to occur.

“WTF is luigification?” Allow me to explain. In the origins of Mario, Luigi was a simple palette swap. A clone, if you will. Throughout its series, Luigi has become his own separate and (in most cases) a unique character, Smash Bros. included. Where he was an undisputed clone Super Smash Bros, he was refurbished for Melee, gaining numerous unique moves, distancing him as a character from Mario. In Brawl, Luigi gained further differences from Mario, and even calling him a semi-clone is disputable.

This luigification process happened to several characters between Melee and Brawl. Dr. Mario, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Young Link and Roy were each clones of another character in Melee. They are each carbon copies of the originals. I mean even the freaking roster menu blatantly shows who clones are. They're all placed right next to the originals. (see spoiler tag)

azju8.jpg
Anyway, there was a popular rumour before Brawl that it would contain no clones. This would mean all the aforementioned characters would be removed or redesigned. Despite being unbelieved at first, it turned out to have notable truth to it. Dr. Mario, Pichu and Roy were dropped entirely, Young Link was replaced by Toon Link, and Falco and Ganondorf (the more important, popular and staple characters) were redesigned.

For example, in Brawl, Ganondorf gained new tilts, changed several animations and got a different special move. Falco has new aerial attacks and uses his reflector differently. Toon and Young Link who, simply for the sake of comparison, I will refer to as the same character, changed some throws and aerials among other things.The trend of luigified characters should continue by redesigning Falco, Ganondorf, Toon/Young Link plus (to a lesser extent) Lucas, Wolf and Luigi. These means more unique final smashes, tilts, smashes, aerials, special moves, etc in cases where they aren't already different.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Everyone in Melee and Brawl.

Also Wind Waker Ganondorf and Twilight Princess Ganondorf.

Wind Waker Ganondorf was a melee fighter, so he can keep the melee moveset. But TP Ganondorf should get more magical attacks and not be a Captain Falcon clone.

Toon Zelda/Tetra

Waluigi

Bowser Jr.

K Rool.

Paper Mario

+ as many unique characters as possible.

-Better, more intricate stage builder (but keep it simple)
-More normal stages that I actually want to play on (too many sucky stages in Brawl)
-Bigger roster with more 3rd party characters such as the following people:
-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Mega Man
-Ryu Hyabusa
-Mike Tyson (from MikeTyson's Punch-Out of course)
-Little Mac
-Simon
-Alucard
-Options to choose different styles of characters, not just different colors (like OoT vs. SS Link, or Prime vs. Other M Samus, etc.)
-Another very epic story mode like Subspace Emissary
-Different control styles (such as Ganondorf as a melee figher or a sword figher, or Ghirahim with rapier, 2 rapiers, or his buster sword)
-And, most importantly, this game had better have GHIRAHIM

I don't mind what gets added as long as there are little third party characters as possible. Couple of new first party characters I would like to see are:

-Waluigi
-Ghirahim
-Magnus
-Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Unova Trainer (Snivy, Emboar, Dewott)

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Probably not going to happen but it would be really adorable to have WW/ST Zelda and possibly Tetra(?) in there some how.... I mean, when could be cooler than this little cute princess coming out and KOing you with this tiny little bow and arrow OTL

I want to play Shigeru Miyamoto vs Satoru Iwata vs Eiji Aonuma vs Masahiro Sakurai vs Ghirahim vs Majora's Wrath. Why leave the fourth wall intact when you can destroy it with a grand invasion?
It will support six players or more, right? wiimote+ or 3DS + wiimote+ or 3DS + wiimote+ or 3DS + wiimote+ or 3DS + control pad or 3DS + control pad or 3DS?
Also, I want it to follow the tradition of having a different word for "fight" as its subtitle rather than following Mario's tradition of expanding its region every other generation. The name isn't final, is it? Maybe "Super Smash Bros Feud" or "Super Smash Bros Riot" would be a better name...

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
BRING MEWTWO BACK!!

It would also be nice to have Capcom characters like Ryu, Chun-Li, Megaman, and the like.

I wouldn't like to see Ghirahim or Demise; it wouldn't make sense, and Ganondorf is too classic of an enemy. Stick with the LoZ characters we have in Smash Bros. already, and use that idea for skin changing. Shadow Mario would also be an interesting skin to see, as well.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
For characters, I'd love to see..

RESIDENT EVIL CHARACTERS (probably not likely)
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine

POKEMON CHARACTERS
Snorlax
Pluschu and Minchu

SONIC CHARACTERS
Metal Sonic
Shadow

LEGEND OF ZELDA CHARACTERS
Train Conductor Link (from Spirit Tracks)
Kid Link (return)
Ghirahim
Demise
Groose
Skyloft Link (wearing his clothes from the beginning of the game)

MARIO CHARACTERS
Paper Mario
Paper Bowser
Funky Kong

I would like to see:

Characters:
Shadow Mario as his own character instead of just an idea for an alternate Mario costume (he has that paintbrush that he could use for unique attacks).
Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid
Liquid Snake as a kind of counterpart for Solid Snake
Revolver Ocelot (unlikely, but I'd like to see him in the game. Possibly as an assist trophy)
Possibly Raiden (I would prefer Cyborg Raiden, though)
Mewtwo
Roy
Ghirahim
Ganondorf with a sword (at least as an option)
Wind Waker Ganondorf (much lighter and faster than any other incarnation of Ganondorf)
Maybe Vaati
Megaman
Zero from Megaman X
Shadow the Hedgehog
Yarn Kirby (not quite sure how this would work out in an environment like the Smash Bros. series)

Stages:
More Metal Gear Solid stages. I don't particularly care what location from the series. Perhaps the Big Shell.
Skyloft
Sealed Grounds/Sealed Temple
Radical Highway (Sonic)
Mario Galaxy themed stages
Pokemon Stadium 3 (Psychic, Poison, Dragon, Dark... Types that still haven't been used)
The return of Poke Floats
A Subspace Emissary stage
Tabuu's stage

Music:
More Zelda music in general (specifically more Wind Waker music)
Music from Pokemon Black (2)/White (2)
All Hail Shadow (preferably with lyrics)

Misc.:
More alternate costumes
Better alternate costumes (actual other wardrobes instead of palette swaps)
A more advanced stage builder
Possibly a character customisation option (mostly costumes)

Thank you for reading my lengthy list of wants and wishes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom