• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brothers Universe Wishlist

There have been hints here and there about the elements that will come in to play in the newest installment to the Smash Bros. series. I was just curious as to what you all want added to the game such as characters, stages, items, final smash altering, adventure mode (something like the Subspace Emissary) or anything else.

Periodic Scrabble said:
1tzkL
Hahaha, sorry... I couldn't resist. Anyways, there's kind of been a bit of discussion about how Nintendo is going to pull the graphics off with the Legend of Zelda characters since only two of the three reoccurring characters have been in the latest title, and if they're going to tweak the art style. I honestly think Nintendo could have a graphics filter thingy, mayhaps. I don't know... like, if you wanted to play as Link from Skyward Sword, you could. If you wanted Link from Ocarina of Time, that's cool, too, brah. I'm not saying it'd replace the color alts, but instead of upgrading/downgrading all of the characters to one graphics style, you could place a visual effect just over one character. I really don't know how to word it, but the more I try the stupider the notion sounds... =/ I just kind of wanted to turn back the clocks and be able to play as different versions of characters from their games, if you know what I mean.

Um... a bigger roster would be nice. I also think there needs to be more customization regarding the characters--like you get a list of a character's possible movesets, and you assign the ones you like to buttons/combinations of your liking. It'd be like making your own Bingo card. You obviously don't get to have all of the available movesets for that character, but that makes it more... what's-the-word... personalized.

There was something else I was going to say type, but I don't remember what it was... =/

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
First of all, is 'Universe' the confirmed name yet?

Now, what is my wish? That the fanbase will stop being such freaking idiots. "lolz, Goku should totes be playable". I literally facedesk anytime I see any character wishlist. There's nothing wrong with some innocent "wants", especially when the character is legitimate, but people need to understand the likelihood of some is extremely low. Speculation in Smash Bros. is pathetic.

There's kind of been a bit of discussion about how Nintendo is going to pull the graphics off with the Legend of Zelda characters since only two of the three reoccurring characters have been in the latest title, and if they're going to tweak the art style. I honestly think Nintendo could have a graphics filter thingy, mayhaps. I don't know... like, if you wanted to play as Link from Skyward Sword, you could. If you wanted Link from Ocarina of Time, that's cool, too, brah. I'm not saying it'd replace the color alts, but instead of upgrading/downgrading all of the characters to one graphics style, you could place a visual effect just over one character. I really don't know how to word it, but the more I try the stupider the notion sounds... =/ I just kind of wanted to turn back the clocks and be able to play as different versions of characters from their games, if you know what I mean.

I get what you're saying. I've thought about this myself, and think the idea is excellent.

What should happen regarding these character appearances? Include several different models based on different games for a character. Have them changeable at the menu like colour schemes. This would please everybody, for they could choose their favourite model of that character. For instance, imagine a general Adult Link character with models from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Moves are the same between them, and it only changes their appearance and voice to the respective game. The same can be applied for Young and Toon Link, where they have the exact same minor differences from Adult Link, but have different models from one another. Some examples:

2ivmdub.png
t0hkas.png

2550383.png
es2sts.png

Designs can even come from games that aren’t released yet. When Brawl was announced at E3 2006, Twilight Princess wasn’t out, yet it featured Twilight Princess Link. Roy was playable in Melee despite his only game not being out yet. This means Zelda Wii-U Link may even be an option for SSB4. Heck, designs don’t even need to be from games. Melee Ganondorf was based on the Gamecube Tech Demo and Brawl Sheik was based on Twilight Princess concept art. Think of the possibilities!

;)

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The only things I can think of off the top of my head are a couple of playable characters and an enhancement of existing features.

Characters I would like to see playable:
- Paper Mario
- Dixie Kong
- Ghirahim
- Pokémon Trainer (but using the Gen 2 starters instead of Gen 1; like an updated version of the existed character)

As for featured I'd like enhanced, basically the ability to make and even edit video clips of your fights. The system in Brawl was very limited and I would like to see it enhanced. The same goes for the Stage Builder. With a more robust online system, the next Smash Bros. could really let those features shine.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I have constantly supported the idea of alternate UNLOCKABLE costumes for each character, as opposed to different colors for each character. In addition, my idea on the alternate costumes would change a character's move set, allowing people the opportunity to play as a whole new character with their favorite. Imagine playing Tanooki Mario or PED Suit Samus. I think that'd be really cool.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Listing off random stuff that comes to mind:

• Changing the tripping mechanic to a dashes-per-minute system as opposed to the pure luck factor used in Brawl.
  • Being able to toggle characters on/off in the random character selection option, identical to the ability of the random item and stage switch.
  • More diverse options for the stage builder, such as the addition of hazards, colour palettes, more terrain options, more backgrounds etc.
  • In particular to the above, setting multiple songs and their frequency to a custom stage, like you can with any other.
  • An item grid for training mode. I freaking hate having to slowly scroll through a list of every item to get to the one I want.
  • Have Classic Mode and All-star mode not so restrictive in terms of randomisation. For example, why is the Zelda series always first in classic mode? It's always a 1-on-1 or a 2-on-2 with no twists. I want to verse a metal Ganondorf dammit!
  • I think a Black team would be a good addition for teams battles. It seems as though every character has a kickass dark colour scheme.
  • Most importantly, give Snake some bloody taunts.

Last edited:

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
My idea is rather innovative in its own right.
I have an amazing idea for a stage! You all know the Delfino Plaza level in SSBB, and how every so often, a platform takes you to different parts of Isle Delfino? Well, have the same dynamics of that level, but replace the platform with a red Loftwing, and change the location to Skyloft! It's a perfect level idea, and I would die if it's in the new Smash Bros. game!

My idea is rather innovative in its own right.
I have an amazing idea for a stage! You all know the Delfino Plaza level in SSBB, and how every so often, a platform takes you to different parts of Isle Delfino? Well, have the same dynamics of that level, but replace the platform with a red Loftwing, and change the location to Skyloft! It's a perfect level idea, and I would die if it's in the new Smash Bros. game!

An enormous Red Loftwing, maybe. :right:

More stages like the Fire Emblem one.

ILU

i luv u
I would like to see more interactive stages with less flashiness. I can't use most of the stages in Brawl because there is too much going on, and I can't keep track of where my character is. I usually end up choosing the hyrule temple stage or final destination because I can at least see what is going on. It'd be cool to see the stage react to the players.... Say you're using Peach. She pulls up turnips, but what if you were on a Pokemon stage and pulled up a pokeball or ground-based Pokemon? Maybe a water temple stage could have a switch that would alter the water levels if you could get to it, and you'd move slower underwater.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would like a brand new adventure mode, maybe some extra Solo activities, about 50 characters, and an improved stage builder. But whatever Nintendo decides to do, I am certain that SSB for the Wii U will be the best installment to the series yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom