• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Super Smash Brothers 5

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Will there Be A Smash 5?

• Yes there will be, and I don't want it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No there won't be, and I don't want it

• No there won't be and I don't care

• Total voters

Quin

Disaster Master
If by E3 we still hear nothing new about smash I'm dropping my port expectations. If they still port the game afterwards I will be quite disappointed.

Why is it everyone thinks Smash 5 won't be on Switch?

Porting Smash 4 to it wont be the Switch's one Smash game. I don't get why people think that.

Clearly Smash 5 will happen. Nintendo need the Switch to keep selling and Smash 4 proved they can hype the game for years after the announcement with how they reveal characters etc, then they can peddle DLC.

They can make way more money from Smash 5 than they can just porting Smash 4.

The only thing Smash 4 will do will give Nintendo more time to make Smash 5.

Same deal with Mario Kart 8 and 9. MK9 will happen.

It'd be absolutely terrible if Switch didnt have its own Mario Kart and its own Smash Bros. I can't see a logical reason why it wouldn't.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It's easier to port a game that's already made and balanced than it is to create a new Smash game from scratch, especially with the expectation that there will be more content with every release.

I think Sakurai sounded pretty burnt out on making SSB, so it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a generation off. If there isn't going to be a new game this generation, a definitive port would make sense to focus on instead so that there's still smash on the console, even if it isn't "new".

The Wii U needed a new Smash to sell consoles, I don't know if that's the case for the Switch.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...-bros-series-heads-to-nintendo-switch-in-2018
nintendo.com said:
  • Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (working title): The Super Smash Bros. series comes to Nintendo Switch in 2018. The teaser trailer featured recognizable faces like Mario, Link and the Inklings from the Splatoon series.
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/0...ai-confirmed-working-super-smash-bros-switch/
siliconera.com said:
Following the announcement of a new Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch, series creator Masahiro Sakurai confirmed on Twitter that he is indeed working on the game’s development.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom