• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Super Smash Brothers 5

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Will there Be A Smash 5?

• Yes there will be, and I don't want it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No there won't be, and I don't want it

• No there won't be and I don't care

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Smash is a series most people like if they have played, and is popular, supporting a large and competitive fanbase.

Will we ever get a SSB5? If so, then when, and how many characters would we get? Would we have tons of DLC?

I have heard somewhat credible information that there will be no Smash ever for the Switch. But is that really so? Smash can sell consoles and is destined to be a hit (at least in sales), so why would Nintendo NOT make one?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
There will be another Smash eventually, with or without Masahiro Sakurai. There will probably tons of characters and tons of DLC. I want to see this credible information that there won't ever be a Smash for the Switch, because that doesn't seem to make logical sense for a console so fit for the game.

There will obviously be a Smash 5 at some point, though I'm not sure it will be on the Switch. I'm still expecting them to port 4 as a *deluxe version* which includes all the DLC and that story mode they robbed us of on the Wii U version. That being said, I don't know if I would get a Smash 4 Deluxe, though I do plan to get Smash 5 whenever it happens.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Super Smash Bros Deluxe?
Super Smash Bros for Switch?
Super Smash Bros Definitive Edition?

Whatever they call it, it'll be a port. There's no evidence that a new game is coming. . . unless it's like Splatoon, calling it a sequel when in reality it's just a slightly updated port.

thats fair. all we can hope for is that Nintendo will go above and beyond our expectations

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Of course Smash 5 will happen just might not be ok the switch. Smash 4 was a huge letdown still the lazy Nintendo will probably port it to Switch rather than make smash 5 for the console. Smash 5 will likely be on the Switch's successor. I will not buy Smash 5 unless it meets all my requirements and as it will be on Nintendo's next console I still probably won't get it because so long as Zelda continues to be mediocre I have no reason to buy Nintendo.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Smash 4 is a great game imo.

I have since forgotten the credible source but I THINK It was an interview

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Smash 4 is a great game imo.

I have since forgotten the credible source but I THINK It was an interview
Do you know when you might have heard this information? I've Googled multiple search terms and searched the Smash Bros. subreddit and haven't found anything to suggest that there won't be a Smash Bros. on the Switch, not even anything to indicate that there won't be a new (non-port) Smash Bros. for the Switch. The only thing that I can assume it was is that it might have been an interview with Sakurai where he might have said that he isn't working on one, but I can't even find a source for that.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Do you know when you might have heard this information? I've Googled multiple search terms and searched the Smash Bros. subreddit and haven't found anything to suggest that there won't be a Smash Bros. on the Switch, not even anything to indicate that there won't be a new (non-port) Smash Bros. for the Switch. The only thing that I can assume it was is that it might have been an interview with Sakurai where he might have said that he isn't working on one, but I can't even find a source for that.
That's what I heard. He said he was done with Smash. I heard this a long time ago right after the last smash update

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
That's what I heard. He said he was done with Smash. I heard this a long time ago right after the last smash update

Yeah I heard that too but I don’t understand why because SSB is one of Nintendo’s biggest money making franchises. It’s almost the opposite of Nintendo’s normal behavior. Normally they have way too much supply for far too little demand (looking at you, Animal Crossing Amiibos) but for this situation they have surplus demand and 0 supply.

Ninja

Well well well
There are will most likely be one on Switch 2.0.

We'll probably get a Smash 4 port before we get a sequel, with all of the DLC a la Mario Kart DX.

Since Brawl, the latest Smash was supposed to be the last one. But Nintendo keeps making more because Smash rakes in so much money. There will definitely be a fifth installment at some point to capitalize on the hype and revenue the franchise brings. And I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom