• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brother Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimmed over the thread. I'll give more detailed thoughts tomorrow evening. I should finally have the necessary time for this game then. Neighbor claim is probably true but not sure about both funnier and SMS being automatically town even if they trust each other. Mellow Ezlo is my top town. Will look into more detail at everyone else once I'm here in the evening.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm about to go to bed, but I wanted to get my current thoughts out there.

Anyways, I feel confident in saying that ALiT's "bus" was town-led. At least funnier and Minish trying to lynch ALiT in the final moments puts them town-leaning on my list. Contrainer was as good as gone at that point, and, as far as mafia were concerned, we would have a mislynched townie. Any attempts to lynch ALiT in Contrainer's stead would be genuine in this case.

From what I recall at this very moment, I remember not being too jazzed about Johnny's reaction to the neighbor claims. Because the fact they're neighbors clearly comes down to their characters and has absolutely no bearing on their alignment, it is entirely possible that both SMS and funnier are townies. I'm tired, so Im not really looking back, but I remember Johnny sorta using the neighbor claim as part of his reasoning to vote SMS. That rubbed me the wrong way, as well as the fact that Johnny was throwing suspicion towards Minish and funnier for the ALiT wagon (which, as I said before, I think were townie votes).

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
So, I'm torn on something.

I was going to suggest everyone else who has some kind of counter or reflect ability to say so so that we all know who to avoid targeting at night, but the flip side of that is that it gives mafia free information that would benefit them as much as it does the town.

What do you guys think?
Something about the late day votes on Alit make me a little uncomfortable. With funnier agreeing with me that he should be a relatively easy scum catch later, it seems weird that he kept going with it. I agree with Minish in that his thoughts were very easy and potentially lazy, but I still think Contrainer was a better lynch in the end (before the knowledge that he wasn't town) because Alit had at least said/done something to try and help.

I know I said I would have been fine with either an Alit or Contrainer lynch yesterday, and I would have; I just don't really like that votes piled up on the former when it was clear the latter was going to be lynched.

These two quotes give me different vibes for Tristan, so it's hard for me to grasp how I really read him right now. I wanna lean towards town reading him like I was the previous day, but now it feels more iffy. The first post seems pretty townie. Seems like something I might post as town at least.

The second post however, I don't quite like. I already explained how the Alit vote wasn't exactly piling on nor easy. Plus he says that funnier agreed that Alit would be an easy scum lynch but kept going with his vote. But funnier said that after the day had 'ended' (before the day end post), so he couldn't exactly switch then. Funnier voted Alit, then presumably went to sleep, then Tristan posted some stuff and I voted Alit before eod.

Also, why would you be uncomfortable with votes "piling" on Alit when it was clear that Contrainer was going to be lynched? The only reason someone would be uncomfortable would be if Alit is scum and you're his scum partner. Because as we know now as well, Contrainer wasn't scum.

This has a good point to it. Claiming in a NAI game benefits only scum. This and his eagerness to suddenly switch the wagon at the end of yesterday definitely feels sus. At this point, I'm leaning scum on him. However, the smell thing has a weird feel to it too. I'd like to hear his input on the EOD and Night scenes.

Aside from him, Minish is another one who hopped on the ALIT wagon at the end of the day. Has me feeling unsure there too.

I'd wager at least 1 wolf was on Contrainer's wagon. I'm gonna see if anything from yesterday can pertain more to today.

First post I don't like of Johnny's. Claiming doesn't benefit scum if it's NAI. What's it going to do, possibly give them maybe some idea of flavor just like townies would get as well? The reason Tristan and I said claiming would be helpful is for the 3rd day when townies have to try and vote another townie to use their final smash. We have to vote someone we can trust and someone who we think would have the best smash to use. So I wanted people to claim before mafia could potentially come up with a plan to fakeclaim (even if it weren't super likely).

And of course after people are questioning the Alit votes, you're suspicious of the only two other people on his wagon besides you. Lol. Sure, funnier may be wavering on his thoughts of Alit, but I actually gave reason why I wanted to vote him. That reason just happened to be posted while I wasn't around and when I woke up and saw that post from Alit I was happy to make him the counter wagon.

At least I did then, ALIT is pinging me in a weird way which makes me doubt he's actually scum if that makes any sense.
Explain pls.
Also last line is lameee. Too much emotion. I don't believe it. Are you scum with Johnny and ALIT?

Also, I know this post was kinda jokey. But why ask if she's scum with Johnny and Alit when you just said you don't think Alit is scum?

Who the wolf in my list, funnier?
If I told u it wasn't johnny

Are you asking him who besides Johnny would be scum because since he's voting Johnny, or for another reason? Because Johnny seemed like the weakest of the town reads for you.

It’s cause we both chose Links.

This is interesting. Is anyone else in a neighborhood? Since similar characters can cause neighbors.

So here's where my head is at. Both wagons were pretty easy yesterday, and I'm thinking it's probable that either lynch was going to lead to a mislynch. Contrainer wasn't town, but he may as well been, losing him is a town loss. But in my opinion, the ALiT wagon feels more legit to me because it's slightly harder to justify than the lynch on Contrainer. If you voted Contrainer you got a solid reason to do it, it's a mislynch dream for scum. So, my conclusion is the Contrainer lynch was probably scum led. However, I'm not ruling out that maybe a mafioso hopped onto the ALiT wagon too.

This post is all over the place! I don't know if I necessarily think you're scum SMS, but how can you go from saying both wagons were easy to saying the Alit wagon seemed more legit because it was harder to justify? And why would mafia hop onto the competing wagon instead of just laying low on someone that wouldn't bring heat. Especially if they know that Contrainer is 'town'.

what gets me though is how you agreed with me in that Alit would be easier to read later, yet still kept your vote on him. I agree, Alit's day 1 felt a little off, but I wouldn't call it AI. Contrainer, at face value, seemed genuinely scummy to me. I just find it weird that you thought him a better lynch when he is someone who is often an easy scum read later in the game but still tried to lynch him day 1.

I already discussed the first part a bit about how funnier agreed with you after day had already ended and was in twilight. But Contrainer also seems like someone who is often an easy scum read later, as well as an easy mislynch. So why wouldn't someone go with the person who seems off rather than someone who seems like they're acting like usual?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm tired, so Im not really looking back, but I remember Johnny sorta using the neighbor claim as part of his reasoning to vote SMS.
I said that despite them being neighbors, one could still be scum. Funnier said he vetted SMS, and vice versa, but if you have a scum partner as well, you have someone to bounce ideas off of if you're also in a neighborhood. I also said it felt like Funnier may be trying to use the claim to see if SMS slips up. In general, I don't think it should give either one a free pass the way others are.

First post I don't like of Johnny's. Claiming doesn't benefit scum if it's NAI. What's it going to do, possibly give them maybe some idea of flavor just like townies would get as well? The reason Tristan and I said claiming would be helpful is for the 3rd day when townies have to try and vote another townie to use their final smash. We have to vote someone we can trust and someone who we think would have the best smash to use. So I wanted people to claim before mafia could potentially come up with a plan to fakeclaim (even if it weren't super likely).
I agree as well for the FSes tomorrow, and so far it has helped. However, Mafia can still benefit as they have a larger picture than anyone else. I don't think it was a mistake, but I can see where FG is coming from.

And of course after people are questioning the Alit votes, you're suspicious of the only two other people on his wagon besides you. Lol. Sure, funnier may be wavering on his thoughts of Alit, but I actually gave reason why I wanted to vote him. That reason just happened to be posted while I wasn't around and when I woke up and saw that post from Alit I was happy to make him the counter wagon.

I wasn't feeling those votes in the moment either. My opinion is that either one of you could be scum in an attempt to cause subversion. Anyone on the counter wagon who says ALIT is a better lynch than Contrainer, will win townie points when Contrainer flips 'town'.

funnier6

Courage~
what gets me though is how you agreed with me in that Alit would be easier to read later, yet still kept your vote on him. I agree, Alit's day 1 felt a little off, but I wouldn't call it AI. Contrainer, at face value, seemed genuinely scummy to me. I just find it weird that you thought him a better lynch when he is someone who is often an easy scum read later in the game but still tried to lynch him day 1.
I didnt find Contrainer scummy. I did find ALIT's post AI. Of course I want to lynch ALIT over Contrainer despite agreeing he gets easier to read with time. Whats so hard to understand?
Also, how did the votes pile on at eod? One vote was on Alit for a long time, funnier voted him a bit before eod, and then I voted closer to eod when I woke up. 2 votes over a few hours isn't exactly piling on, especially when both funnier and I expressed how we didn't like the Contrainer vote. So this talk about the Alit wagon is kinda rubbing me the wrong way and looks like it could be trying to push some kind of agenda. Not to mention, if people on the Alit wagon were scum then why would we try to start a late day wagon on him when Contrainer would be 'town' to the mafia at that point. It's just ridiculous. Lol.
THANK YOU
Mellow Ezlo is my top town.
Thats going to need some more explanation.
Anyways, I feel confident in saying that ALiT's "bus" was town-led
Why do you call it a bus lol.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This post is all over the place! I don't know if I necessarily think you're scum SMS, but how can you go from saying both wagons were easy to saying the Alit wagon seemed more legit because it was harder to justify? And why would mafia hop onto the competing wagon instead of just laying low on someone that wouldn't bring heat. Especially if they know that Contrainer is 'town'.
"Slightly" harder to justify was what I said. As for why a Mafiosos would join a different wagon, come on Minish, it's a typical strat. One Mafioso starts a wagon, another joins to widen it, but whoever remains purposely votes elsewhere.

funnier6

Courage~
Explain pls.
I know he's supposed to be taking it easy or whatever but the things he has posted about are really not so great, and he ought to know that, but he keeps going with it in an unselfconscious way and doesn't use a little more effort to give more passable thoughts. If he's scum I'm not really sure what he's doing.
Also, I know this post was kinda jokey. But why ask if she's scum with Johnny and Alit when you just said you don't think Alit is scum?
Thats mainly cause I couldn't think of a different second scum bud so I just used ALIT lol. I'm not totally sure on my town read of him, I'm gonna read list in a minute to get my bearings.
This post is all over the place! I don't know if I necessarily think you're scum SMS, but how can you go from saying both wagons were easy to saying the Alit wagon seemed more legit because it was harder to justify? And why would mafia hop onto the competing wagon instead of just laying low on someone that wouldn't bring heat. Especially if they know that Contrainer is 'town'
Can verify that that sounded better in his head lol. We argued about it yesterday.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
"Slightly" harder to justify was what I said. As for why a Mafiosos would join a different wagon, come on Minish, it's a typical strat. One Mafioso starts a wagon, another joins to widen it, but whoever remains purposely votes elsewhere.

But that would apply more towards Contrainers wagon and not Alit's. Because Contrainer was most likely being lynched despite mine and funnier's push elsewhere. If someone that mafia assumes is town is getting lynched then they don't make an effort to push another town wagon and draw more attention to themselves.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I know he's supposed to be taking it easy or whatever but the things he has posted about are really not so great, and he ought to know that, but he keeps going with it in an unselfconscious way and doesn't use a little more effort to give more passable thoughts. If he's scum I'm not really sure what he's doing.

See, that's kinda what I was tempted to think after his defense at eod. Just saying it was dumb and not really explaining himself. But I can't figure out if scum Alit would do that or not.

Thats mainly cause I couldn't think of a different second scum bud so I just used ALIT lol. I'm not totally sure on my town read of him, I'm gonna read list in a minute to get my bearings.

I tried thinking about a reads list earlier but I honestly couldn't even decide where I stand on some people. Went back and forth with it and scraped it. I wanna say scum is somewhere in Johnny/Alit/Tristan/Sunfan. But somehow half of them don't seem like they'd be partners. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

funnier6

Courage~
Town

Minish- is Minish is Minish is Minish is town

Sms- already explained this one pretty well, Idk how the heck he has put up with me and managed to make good posts if he's scum.

Doc- Very good Doc posts, not total trust but not worried this second

Tristan- As usual, not happy that youre here and fully expect this to be wrong. I think the thing I'm most town reading Tristan for is that his reads haven't been very good lol. I haven't caught any traces of bussing whatsoever or any of the usual kinds of things I'd expect. Still.

ALIT- Just gave my thoughts on him, I don't see why he couldn't go the extra inch and give better thoughts that the ones he gave on day one. Almost as though he wanted to draw attention to itself. I don't really see scum ALIT but could be wrong.

Hero- Minish says so basically. I personally haven't found his posts to be particularly good, but I also don't think I'm familiar enough to catch scum Hero yet if last game is any indication.

Scum:

sunfan- This is difficult because I really don't think he's on the same team as fg. I would think fg would be excited about that and not completely forget the game immediately. Knowing that, if one flips scum I'd have to take a close look at the bottom three town and do some rethinking. Anyway I find his whole progression on me fake. Like yes he's done the whole scum read funnier thing before, but I really don't see what I could possibly have done to change his mind. All I did was argue with him back and forth for a while not even really about that and he's randomly maybe youre just town. I don't believe it.

fg- has definitely done nothing for me to town read, which in itself is suspicious since she ought be here blowing the place up! Don't see anything towny about her.

Johnny- is a bit more difficult, being its been ages since any of us have played with him. I don't think I've seen him give very many of his own ideas, in a I-dont-know-how-to-read-y'all-its-been-forever kinda way. I need to go back and ISO, but I think he doubles down on other peoples suspicions in an opportunistic kind of way. Also there's that I don't remember him ever being this involved in a game and I've heard he's supposed to be really good as scum.

I have solved the game, I'll take my medal and my key to the city thanks

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
But that would apply more towards Contrainers wagon and not Alit's. Because Contrainer was most likely being lynched despite mine and funnier's push elsewhere. If someone that mafia assumes is town is getting lynched then they don't make an effort to push another town wagon and draw more attention to themselves.
Well funnier is my best town read, I'm feeling better about you. So that'd only leave Johnny. I might be wrong, but didn't he vote ALiT before the wagon on Contrainer began?

we /are/ lynching funnygurl without her posts reading insanely pure
and they don't currently do that

I've seen a few people ask me questions about my johnny read; I asked funnier solely because I knew he would say it was johnny because he was voting him and I wanted to ask a question that actually had a point

a question that everyone should be asking themselves is whether or not they think funnygurl is town
if the answer to that question is "no" I encourage you to vote for her

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well funnier is my best town read, I'm feeling better about you. So that'd only leave Johnny. I might be wrong, but didn't he vote ALiT before the wagon on Contrainer began?

Thinking Johnny is scum is different. I just didn't like this whole idea that people seriously thought me and funnier would vote like that as scum. Lol.

I do believe he was voting Alit before that though. I know he was voting him fairly early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom