• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brother Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
You haven't played with me for awhile, it would be suspicious if I restrict myself from voting to try getting people talking. I didn't feel like anyone else was going to pressure Doc further.

And that's fair, I haven't. But it wouldn't fit me to find that play suspicious based on my knowledge.

Asking other poeple to take a stance on a wagon is the easiest way to get people into the game and much more important than pressuring Doc. Without other people answering me, there is no game, because everyone else are highly unlikely to find a point of discussion themselves. If everyone posts about why or why not they will vote Doc, then we have something to discuss and the game can move forward. I use it to get things moving in most games. Normally I would have a read on sms based on this and that read would be town, but due to unusual circumstances it doesn't tell me all that much.

My basis for suspicion comes from past games with similar pushed made at certain points. It's hard to read this, because it forms a wifom situation where you could be scum playing obvious scum to not look scum, or town just being heavily investigative. For now I'd say igmeoy. That said, I'll probably get a better read as time goes on.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You can believe me or not when I say that I don't have enough knowledge of Smash to like
try and hide my character because I have logic'd that it would benefit me as scum solely because of their smash or something
its my boyfriend you're looking for in that regard
But it still benefits the town as a whole to know who everyone is. Even if your knowledge of Smash is lacking (which is fair), there are plenty of other players who know a lot about the characters in the game. It may not benefit us much right now, but for Day 3 it will be very useful knowing who everybody is.

funnier6

Courage~
:eyes:

Wow I think I dodged a bullet there lol.

Or does this mean the bullet is coming for me? :suspicious:

Sorry friend >:

Personally, I was thinking that knowing everyone's characters was going to be really useful for Day 3. I shouldn't need to explain why. No reason not to get it out of the way early with that in mind.

The early pressure votes on Doc are fine to me, he's the kind of player who tends to keep to the shadows a bit as scum so trying to get him talking early is good.

The vote on Sun Fan is interesting. I'm not sure I see SMS's reasoning for it atm, but if I was to place my own vote on him, the reason would be for refraining from joining in the character reveals. Since which player uses their final smash is in our hands, knowing who is which character could, and likely will, believe it or not, be very useful. But, this is The Sun Fan, and I can understand his reasoning for not wanting to join. That being said, however, in Canadians Mafia, where name claims basically revealed absolutely nothing, he did not hesitate to join in. So I am keeping that in mind because it does seem a tad contradictory.

And if that last paragraph is a mess, it's because I'm on my phone, I was on the road all day, and I'm super tired. Apologies if I'm incoherent (:
Is that all you've got to say? Also you haven't claimed yourself.
I think the Canadians game was going on while Trailer Park Boys was going on; either that or it had juuuuuuuuust finished (not too sure)
I have to admit that I don't really remember that too well
I believe it ended just as Canadian was starting yeah.
You can believe me or not when I say that I don't have enough knowledge of Smash to like
try and hide my character because I have logic'd that it would benefit me as scum solely because of their smash or something
Then what reason do you have for not claiming? I don't see why you could be afraid of characters leaning toward an alignment when you surely have nothing to fear from it.
it forms a wifom situation where you could be scum playing obvious scum to not look scum, or town just being heavily investigative
Explain to me how something you believe could be town could also be obvious scum.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Explain to me how something you believe could be town could also be obvious scum.

To me calling for a Day 1 bandwagon is overtly scummy. I can understand pressuring for activity, but it felt more like a subtle push to get others to vote Doc as well. I'd like to see him more active too, but I simply felt that your specific call to action was very heavy handed. Like I said it's made me somewhat suspicious, nothing more.

Also, I forgot to toss my claim out there. I'm Doriyah man, Ganondorf.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To me calling for a Day 1 bandwagon is overtly scummy. I can understand pressuring for activity, but it felt more like a subtle push to get others to vote Doc as well. I'd like to see him more active too, but I simply felt that your specific call to action was very heavy handed. Like I said it's made me somewhat suspicious, nothing more.
This is how funnier plays. It fits his meta really well, I wouldn't bother looking too much into that vote tbh.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Hot take but I have good feelings about both Hero and Tristan. Really feel like this is town Hero play. The Tristan read is a little more tentative, but I like that he seems to be in the same mindset as me.

Probably not gonna vote either of those two today unless something crazy happens.

I initially wasn't actually voting Sunfan because of the claim refusal. But Tristan pointing out that he was quick to name claim in Canadian Mafia is interesting. Though I do also kinda understand Sunfan's explanation. However, with the fact that alignment is random and power roles random there shouldn't be any worry. Yeah, there can still be flavor involved but we won't know for sure or if it's AI. And like Tristan said (which is what I was getting at with my idea to claim), it could be useful for day 3.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Unvote
Vote Tristan

You will die for this!!!

For real though, at the current moment, I’m most suspicious of SMS for the seemingly sudden votes and bandwagons. I was willing to forgive his vote against me because he agreed with funnier and thought more votes were needed to pressure me. His switch to SunFan though was sus though.

I wasn’t a fan of funniers call to wagon me, but only because it was a call against me. It fits in with his meta to try and force me to partake in his discussion.

I also want to say that I kinda understand apprehension about name claiming. I guess some character actions can kinda be figured out. But for the sake of town, I think it’s best for everyone to claim depending on flavor. Like, I’d assume Piranha Plant May have a poison ability and if someone dies of poison, it doesn’t hurt to have an idea of who possibly did it.

This post probably makes no sense because I’m at work and trying to get some thoughts on, but that’s where my heads at.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This is how funnier plays. It fits his meta really well, I wouldn't bother looking too much into that vote tbh.
I wasn’t a fan of funniers call to wagon me, but only because it was a call against me. It fits in with his meta to try and force me to partake in his discussion.

I'll accept this for now, as it seems to be the overall consensus that Funnier is a bit aggressive in play style. I'll take a step back from my suspicions of him for now.

For real though, at the current moment, I’m most suspicious of SMS for the seemingly sudden votes and bandwagons. I was willing to forgive his vote against me because he agreed with funnier and thought more votes were needed to pressure me. His switch to SunFan though was sus though.

This I would agree with. The vote on Sun Fan comes right after he voting Doc, and with pretty no reason behind it, other than the bandwagon. Very little overall explanation.

@A Link In Time
@Funnygurl555
@Contrainer

I haven't seen too much input from y'all. Any thoughts or opinions you have on anyone or anything in the game?

funnier6

Courage~
I'm Piranha Plant, I thought I made that obvious lol.
I thought you were saying that you had attempted to get piranha plant but were too late. :suspicious:
To me calling for a Day 1 bandwagon is overtly scummy.
In my experience, its actually quite rare for mafia to do that since they can just wait and let town do something stupid and let town lead a mislynch. Its pretty textbook actually. If scum is gonna lead a wagon over nothing on day one its probably going to be me, as I do that when I'm town so it only makes sense for me to keep that up.
Hot take but I have good feelings about both Hero and Tristan. Really feel like this is town Hero play. The Tristan read is a little more tentative, but I like that he seems to be in the same mindset as me.
Can you expand a bit more on this? I haven't seen anything from them that has sway me one way or the other.
If you're going to be suspicious of sms, dont be suspicious of him over that, I'm actually inclined to town read him for it.

Also about the character claiming for day three thing, I dont see why this is important yet? And even on day three, everyone could just claim their final smash then, idk why its important to get that going now. I was just trying to get people talking.

Unvote

Vote: fg

Don't think youre totally off the hook Doc, but that post meets my expectations. This is mainly based off a feeling and it would be very helpful if fg would get in here. @Funnygurl555

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Can you expand a bit more on this? I haven't seen anything from them that has sway me one way or the other.

This post in particular just seems towny Hero to me. I feel like as town he's not as hesitant to post some reads like this early on. I dunno, I feel my reads on Hero usually come fairly early. Either something feels off about him right away or not.

As for Tristan, it's partially because me and him are in the same mindset. He had the same thoughts about the character claim as me, he pointed out a good point about Sunfan, and he hasn't struck me as seeming scummy yet like he sometimes does day 1.

And as for the claim thing, since it's already partially been discussed I was thinking it would be better to know who people are now when it's early on and they're not thinking about strategy. Because we have to vote for someone to use their final smash day 3, and I assume most people are going to try and sway people with what their final smash does. Basically I was trying to stop any potential strategy mafia might put into trying to sway people before there was really time to think it up. Ultimately it probably wouldn't have made much or any difference, but just trying to be one step ahead of them.

I mean no, not especially, but I'll try.

Like I said, I'd like to see Deku's response to the earlier post. I don't think it's AI, it just seems like he was speaking awkwardly and didn't really know what to say, but I'd still like to hear an answer.
Something about Mezlo is kinda rubbing me the wrong way, but I can't put my finger on it.
A Link in Time and fg have been very quiet so far, but so has everyone and I don't know if this is AI or not yet. I would really like them to post a bit more, but that's kinda me calling the kettle black.
Contrainer has made only one post so far and it was a joke vote. I don't really like that, but we're still only halfway through D1.
@Doc's posts so far have been nothing of substance, I'd like to hear his thoughts on how things are currently progressing.

I like Johnny Sooshi, Minish, SMS, and funnier so far. I'm usually against lynching inactives, but for a D1 vote I would be okay with @Contrainer or @Doc

It feels so weird to play a game without LG and Moe...

funnier6

Courage~
This post in particular just seems towny Hero to me. I feel like as town he's not as hesitant to post some reads like this early on. I dunno, I feel my reads on Hero usually come fairly early. Either something feels off about him right away or not.
I don't really see the difference from the crossover when I asked Hero to give me some reads and he more or less sheeped the crowd.
And as for the claim thing, since it's already partially been discussed I was thinking it would be better to know who people are now when it's early on and they're not thinking about strategy. Because we have to vote for someone to use their final smash day 3, and I assume most people are going to try and sway people with what their final smash does. Basically I was trying to stop any potential strategy mafia might put into trying to sway people before there was really time to think it up. Ultimately it probably wouldn't have made much or any difference, but just trying to be one step ahead of them.
I dont think we should say what our final smashes do so that mafia cant just kill whoever is most dangerous to them before that. Not that you said we should it just occurred to me.

What do you think about my fg vote?
i forgot to ask for a role, so i got jigglypuff.
Serves you right. Have you any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom