• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brother Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
im unfortunately a willager rn

got to page 21; brain died

minish is ok, tristan derped and i always trust derp clears. goes along with hot and johnny and doc town reads

funnier and mellow are off. mellow first.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Not to mention your one vote on Alit wouldn't cause pressure. Especially since Container had so many already. Did you notice the reason funnier is now townreading Alit (and the reason I have some hesitation on him) is due to the extra votes on him causing him to react in a certain way? That wouldn't have happened with just your one vote.
At the time I was also of the opinion that Contrainer would, hopefully come in and actually provide some solid reasoning. That was mostly based on not having played with him before and not realizing he was gonna roll over.

Additionally, the town read on ALIT, as I'm understanding it, is based solely on ALIT's response. ALIT came in, said, "hey, I don't want to die" and counter votes Contrainer to insure this, and that's a town read? I'm just not following that.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
At the time I was also of the opinion that Contrainer would, hopefully come in and actually provide some solid reasoning. That was mostly based on not having played with him before and not realizing he was gonna roll over.

And what was the plan if Contrainer did do that? Not sure what it has to do with the vote on Alit.
Additionally, the town read on ALIT, as I'm understanding it, is based solely on ALIT's response. ALIT came in, said, "hey, I don't want to die" and counter votes Contrainer to insure this,

No, it's due to the fact that Alit just said the votes on him were dumb and put no effort into a defense nor any more effort into giving reads/better posts. I'm not taking into account his self pres vote at all because that's a given.

@Morbid Minish and @funnier6 who do you both think is scum, aside from your reads on me?

I said it a bit back, but I think other than you there's scum in the group of Tristan/Alit/Sunfan.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
And what was the plan if Contrainer did do that? Not sure what it has to do with the vote on Alit.
I based it on that impression. The idea being that if Contrainer came back, it would spark more discussion there. Ultimately this is what-ifs though. I simply thought there might be something that would come from him countering. I might have changed my vote or not, at this point there's no way to tell.

No, it's due to the fact that Alit just said the votes on him were dumb and put no effort into a defense nor any more effort into giving reads/better posts. I'm not taking into account his self pres vote at all because that's a given.
Again, I'm not following that. Putting no effort into a defense doesn't clear someone.

I said it a bit back, but I think other than you there's scum in the group of Tristan/Alit/Sunfan
Gotcha.

I'm of the opinion, at this point, that SMS and either you or Funnier are scum. SMS is historically a bouncy player, which makes him hard to read for me, but the pancaking on his votes just feels off. As for you and Funnier, I've gone on about that one, but I'm much less certain as to who because I'm conflicted about who it could be.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The second post however, I don't quite like. I already explained how the Alit vote wasn't exactly piling on nor easy. Plus he says that funnier agreed that Alit would be an easy scum lynch but kept going with his vote. But funnier said that after the day had 'ended' (before the day end post), so he couldn't exactly switch then. Funnier voted Alit, then presumably went to sleep, then Tristan posted some stuff and I voted Alit before eod.

Also, why would you be uncomfortable with votes "piling" on Alit when it was clear that Contrainer was going to be lynched? The only reason someone would be uncomfortable would be if Alit is scum and you're his scum partner. Because as we know now as well, Contrainer wasn't scum.
You might be right about the first part, I honestly don't really remember when exactly it was he said that.

On the second part, though, it made me uncomfortable because it read like trying to find an alternate wagon for the sake of staying off the "easy" one to avoid being scumread later. I've done it before as schm, and so have so many others, it's quite common. Your vote moreso than funnier's since it came so late in the day and just seems relatively pointless looking back. So it's really more the timing of the votes than the votes themselves. Am I wrong? Probably. That's mostly where I was coming from though.

First post I don't like of Johnny's. Claiming doesn't benefit scum if it's NAI. What's it going to do, possibly give them maybe some idea of flavor just like townies would get as well? The reason Tristan and I said claiming would be helpful is for the 3rd day when townies have to try and vote another townie to use their final smash. We have to vote someone we can trust and someone who we think would have the best smash to use. So I wanted people to claim before mafia could potentially come up with a plan to fakeclaim (even if it weren't super likely).
I agree with you in that the claims were good to get out of the way early so as not to waste time on day 3. However, I think I understand where Johnny is coming from. The mafia obviously know which characters are town (or at least not mafia) and can use this to weed out who would be stronger and who could potentially have abilities that are dangerous to them. They could use the name claims to determine their kill priority and who to use their other abilities on. I think it's a little bit of a stretch, mind you, since character abilities probably aren't that predictable, but I can understand what he was saying.

That being said, it's worth noting that Johnny was among those of us who claimed when it was all happening during day 1, and then he says that.

I already discussed the first part a bit about how funnier agreed with you after day had already ended and was in twilight. But Contrainer also seems like someone who is often an easy scum read later, as well as an easy mislynch. So why wouldn't someone go with the person who seems off rather than someone who seems like they're acting like usual?
Like I said before, for me it came down to a player I know how to read vs one I don't. I didn't know enough about Contrainer's playstyle to know what kind of behavior was AI for him, so in that case I just took his Day 1 at face value. Alit, on the other hand, while his day 1 was scummy, he's a player I'm more familiar with and I knew his behaviour could have been coming from town alit or scum alit. That was the reason I chose Contrainer over him.

Looking back, was the Contrainer lynch a very obvious easy mislynch bait? Yes, I'll concede that. But I hope you can understand a little why I didn't vote alit over him.

I didnt find Contrainer scummy. I did find ALIT's post AI. Of course I want to lynch ALIT over Contrainer despite agreeing he gets easier to read with time. Whats so hard to understand?
I get it. I hope my brief explanation above can give you a little bit better of an idea as to what I was trying to say though.[/QUOTE]

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Again, I'm not following that. Putting no effort into a defense doesn't clear someone

It's definitely not clearing him. Just making it more iffy if he's actually scum. But basically it's using Alit's meta. Funnier and I both feel like that's not something scum Alit is as likely to do. It seems he would put up more of an effort if he's scum and trying to really stay alive.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
On the second part, though, it made me uncomfortable because it read like trying to find an alternate wagon for the sake of staying off the "easy" one to avoid being scumread later. I've done it before as schm, and so have so many others, it's quite common. Your vote moreso than funnier's since it came so late in the day and just seems relatively pointless looking back. So it's really more the timing of the votes than the votes themselves. Am I wrong? Probably. That's mostly where I was coming from though.

My vote would have came earlier if I were around when Alit had made his offending posts. I can't magically think he's scum before he does something scummy. My scum meta is to draw less attention to myself, which would have meant staying on Sunfan and not making an opposing wagon that I would know would be under scrutiny since it's the only other wagon.

Looking back, was the Contrainer lynch a very obvious easy mislynch bait? Yes, I'll concede that. But I hope you can understand a little

I understand not voting Alit. That's not what I'm bothered about. I'm bothered that anyone thinks that in any world where I'm scum that I make that move. I've called wagons easy plenty of times and mostly when I'm town because I care more who gets lynched then.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
It's definitely not clearing him. Just making it more iffy if he's actually scum. But basically it's using Alit's meta. Funnier and I both feel like that's not something scum Alit is as likely to do. It seems he would put up more of an effort if he's scum and trying to really stay alive.
My vote would have came earlier if I were around when Alit had made his offending posts. I can't magically think he's scum before he does something scummy. My scum meta is to draw less attention to myself, which would have meant staying on Sunfan and not making an opposing wagon that I would know would be under scrutiny since it's the only other wagon.

And these are where my problem with you come in. You're aware of the meta and what yours and others are. By acknowledging this, you create wifom situations.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

I understand not voting Alit. That's not what I'm bothered about. I'm bothered that anyone thinks that in any world where I'm scum that I make that move. I've called wagons easy plenty of times and mostly when I'm town because I care more who gets lynched then.
No, this is fair. And, tbh, part of the reason I haven't voted for you is because of this very thing, I'm having a hard time believing you would draw attention to yourself like that as scum. If it were practically anybody but you or funnier, I might have voted them by now. It's just bugging me because your alit vote seemed a little opportunistic but I don't think scum Minish would do that.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
And these are where my problem with you come in. You're aware of the meta and what yours and others are. By acknowledging this, you create wifom situations.

That's always how it is with me though. I use meta to solve other people and those who know me well enough know that creating that wifom in this situation is out of my wheelhouse. I'm never this active as scum and as much as I'd like to change that I don't because I'm too self conscious and cautious of slipping up.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't think her intention was to create a wifom, and I think you're overreacting a little. I'm reading her post as just being frustrated and tbh it seems like typical town Minish to me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm of the opinion, at this point, that SMS and either you or Funnier are scum. SMS is historically a bouncy player, which makes him hard to read for me, but the pancaking on his votes just feels off. As for you and Funnier, I've gone on about that one, but I'm much less certain as to who because I'm conflicted about who it could be.
A grand total of two pressure votes is pancaking? My other votes were RVS, I haven't cast a vote today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom