• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Brother Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm alright with Alit as a counter wagon. I feel like town Alit would put in a bit more effort, even notwithstanding the wildcard game coming up. Not because he's not active, since he's never been a super active player, but he really hasn't contributed much at all with 72 hours to get some thoughts in.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'd rather fg but this will do in her absence. Also relying on Minish to have get something going while most of us are asleep at end of day lol. Finally the tables have turned.
Why? In all likelihood, fg probably just forgot about this game entirely seeing as she hasn't posted since Friday morning, a few hours after the game began.

funnier6

Courage~
Why? In all likelihood, fg probably just forgot about this game entirely seeing as she hasn't posted since Friday morning, a few hours after the game began.
I know, call it gamblers fallacy but my current read of the game puts her in the probably scum pile without her needing to post a thing, wish she’d show up.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@Morbid Minish having won as scum with Johnny in Sherlock Mafia, I can tell you he can be really dangerous if he's scum. He's a good player who knows how to sway the game in his direction if he wants to. I'd suggest reading that aforementioned game to get a better idea. That being said, his thoughts this far seem genuine and fair since it's been so long since he played here.

I was in Sherlock mafia! Haha. It was when I first started playing though, so I don't remember it super well. But that's probably why it was in my mind that Johnny can be really good as mafia.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, except I dont remember him being nearly this active and on point in the last game we played together whenever that was, and since he's known for playing better as scum I've been rolling that around.

Yeah, I feel like the last couple of games I played with him before his break he was kinda inactive. And being good as scum is something to keep in mind. But I'm comfortable with not thinking about that on day 1 when he's making good posts.

Same. Thats good, but worrying, which is why I keep asking how youre so sure on your reads so far.

Only really kinda 'sure' on the Hero read. Remember in the crossover when I was like "Hero feels kinda odd but everyone is town reading him so I'll leave him alone (because I was sk and trying not to make waves), and then in another game where I was focused on Hero forever and then it came out he was Sk? Seems like whenever he's scum I just feel something off right away. Not getting that feeling this time. I could he wrong, but I'm willing to trust in that read for now.

Also, lots of good feelings about people day 1 at least helps us narrow a lynch a little more. Which is nice.

I dont like this out of the blue wagon on Contrainer.

Same. Feels too easy.

Easy day 1 lynches are meh.

I'd rather fg but this will do in her absence. Also relying on Minish to have get something going while most of us are asleep at end of day lol. Finally the tables have turned.

I'll try buddy! Which is why I'm gonna join you. Hopefully someone is up sometime to sway into voting with us. I feel like Alit's reads were so simple and easy. Just kinda echoing stuff without putting his own effort into reading into it like I would expect.

Unvote

Vote: ALIT

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Same. Feels too easy.

Easy day 1 lynches are meh.
Is the Alit wagon not also fairly easy though? Nobody's coming to his defense, everyone is just letting it happen. Also, funnier said he would rather lynch fg than Alit if she were here, which would seem even easier than the wagon on Contrainer.

Now with that said, I'd be fine with either Alit or Contrainer dying today. I don't remember the latter's play from the Pokemon Z game since he died early, and I have no real reference from the LA game since the account was shared, so I'm taking his actions so far at face value; that is, he didn't say a word, popped in to vote for Doc over an obvious joke with no explanation, and hasn't really done anything to defend it. Granted, that last bit does admittedly make me feel slightly inclined to townread him, but I'm keeping my vote simply because I've seen Alit do this as both alignments and he can be a useful player later on if he's town. On the flip side, if he's scum, I've seen Alit slip up more than once so I think we'll be able to catch him later. His Wildcard excuse was weak, especially considering funnier is in the same situation and is very active, so I'm wary of him, but I'm going with my gut.

That paragraph won't be winning any writing awards. Basically I'm saying based on their day 1 I'd be fine with either of them dying, but I would personally rather lynch Contrainer just because I feel like Alit will be a relatively easy catch later if he is scum, and useful if he's town.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is the Alit wagon not also fairly easy though? Nobody's coming to his defense, everyone is just letting it happen. Also, funnier said he would rather lynch fg than Alit if she were here, which would seem even easier than the wagon on Contrainer.

The Contrainer vote seems easy in the sense that he seems like someone who is always lynched like this. Like an easy mafia day 1 push. Yes his vote was not great, but I don't know why everyone is acting like he didn't actually quote the reason why he voted Doc. SMS pointed out that Doc said SMS was his top suspicion but voted you. Sure he didnt wait for an explanation about that, but people were also pinging him to do something so I feel like he just wanted to place a vote because of that. Like I said, not a good vote, but I can see why he made it.

On the other hand, Alit actually doesn't look too great with his posts to me. He said he was taking it easy because of wildcard games, but I feel like in one game before he was playing before a championship game or something and said he really wanted to go all in and have fun with it as a sort of practice (I could be wrong about this, but I know he has definitely put more effort in when he's town). And my thought was more along the lines of, if he is actually town but keeps playing like this then mafia will just use him as a mislynch later. I think Contrainer would actually be easier to catch in a slipup later if he is actually scum than Alit would.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This is dumb. I have no alternate agenda other than not wanting to tire myself out. I don't have the same amazing stamina as funnier, so I'm taking it slow.

I'm not comparing you to funnier. I know you have games where you're not as active. It's just that your first post that contained any kind of reads felt like you just noticed some things others had said, agreed and that was it.

You said you found Doc thinking SMS was suspicious but voting Mez odd, but I feel like if you read everything in context that vote was definitely a joke vote.
Unvote
Vote Tristan

You will die for this!!!

For real though, at the current moment, I’m most suspicious of SMS for the seemingly sudden votes and bandwagons.

He votes Tristan right away in the post and says that he'll die for this (taking his Piranha Plant chose from him). Then even says, "for real though, I'm most suspicious of SMS".

I know Contrainer is getting voted for the same thing, but he seems like someone who is always like that. I just felt like you would be more likely to realize that Doc's vote wasn't serious. Also your read on SMS seemed kinda iffy since this seems like typical SMS. And both of those two things numerous others had already pointed out. Basically, I just feel like you're usually the type of player to have more to say than a couple of points others have made that don't hold up super well.

I feel like as town, even if you're taking a game easier, you try to stand out a bit more than that.

its very early in the morning so I'm not here to try and get a counterwagon or change anything today since no one will be around
but I'm pretty sure funnier is scum
there's no way he'd be this content with a funnygurl push as town because of how he plays the game

last game on FFR he rolled his eyes sarcastically at me for lynching someone with 10 posts on the first day and for saying that its best to lynch inactives before actives

I find it hard to believe that he's content with lynching a 0-poster on d0 here, now, after that

He'd have to think that the entire playerbase is townier than null in order to be ok with than, which he doesn't given his switch onto AliT

funnier6

Courage~
This is dumb. I have no alternate agenda other than not wanting to tire myself out. I don't have the same amazing stamina as funnier, so I'm taking it slow.
Well of course you don’t! Your strength and stamina way way wayyy exceed mine! There’s a reason I wanted you to represent instead of me! Did you not catch how destroyed I was after the normal game? I go to wildcards as one who walks to his own execution.
last game on FFR he rolled his eyes sarcastically at me for lynching someone with 10 posts on the first day and for saying that its best to lynch inactives before actives
I still grudgingly admitted you had a point when that person flipped scum. Also I just dreamed that Contrainer was SK so I hope my intuition was somewhat correct cause I can’t sleep!

Also you’re quite correct that pretty much the entire active player base is townier than null, with the obvious exception of you, the enigma. And Johnny cause I don’t know how to read him. I didn’t go for ALIT immediately cause I do do it pretty often and Tristan is correct that he should become easier to catch as time goes on if he’s scum. Course the lynch is decided and we’re just waiting on Rubik.

funnier6

Courage~
Only really kinda 'sure' on the Hero read. Remember in the crossover when I was like "Hero feels kinda odd but everyone is town reading him so I'll leave him alone (because I was sk and trying not to make waves), and then in another game where I was focused on Hero forever and then it came out he was Sk? Seems like whenever he's scum I just feel something off right away. Not getting that feeling this time. I could he wrong, but I'm willing to trust in that read for now.
I guess I’ll trust you on that, since you do seem to always read him correctly. Sure don’t know how though lol.
Also, lots of good feelings about people day 1 at least helps us narrow a lynch a little more. Which is nice.
Makes me nervous that I gave out town reads too easy though, too easy that all these active people are town.
You said you found Doc thinking SMS was suspicious but voting Mez odd, but I feel like if you read everything in context that vote was definitely a joke vote.
This kind of mistake makes me wonder cause I’m not sure that scum ALIT makes that kind of mistake that doesn’t happen if he just read the post in detail. I don’t think he’d make poor reading mistakes, taking it easy or not. It would have been simple for him to catch up, post some half decent reads, and call it a day. I kind of think he’s town from this tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom