• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros Zelda Idea?

D

diledude92

Hey everyone,

So I was wondering how they were gonna handle the issue with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf in the next smash game. The issue is, if they were to use the skyward sword graphics, Ganondorf is not in SS, and Zelda is not a fighter, she helps you fight Ganondorf in TP and WW though. So what I thought they could do is do a little improv. In other words, they base the look of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf off OOT/TP, but make them look as though they came from Skyward Sword. So, Zelda will have her OOT time, but with Skyward Sword graphics. Or, they could keep Link and Zelda the way they are and make Ganondorf have a Skyward Sword look, kind of what they did with Sheik. Or, they could use a brand new look. Remember Soul Calibur 2, they used the Link from OOT, but gave him a Soul Calibur look to make him fit more into the Soul Calibur Universe. Do you get what I'm saying?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Already posted my thoughts of Zelda characters in Super Smash Bros. several times. So, um, yeah. This:

In terms of other playable Zelda characters, I am concerned in terms of the graphical style. It needs to be consistent. All the characters (plus a second, younger Link) should be the same graphical style. There can't be Ganondorf with his TP appearance, Link with his SS-look, Zelda with the OoT appearance. That would be terrible. Since Ganondorf can't be removed, what should happen regarding these character appearances?

This. Include several different models based on different games for a character. Have them changeable at the menu like colour schemes. This would please everybody, for they could choose their favourite model of that character. For instance, imagine a general Adult Link character with models from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Moves are the same between them, and it only changes their appearance and voice to the respective game. The same can be applied for Young and Toon Link, where they have the exact same minor differences from Adult Link, but have different models from one another. Some examples:

2ivmdub.png
t0hkas.png

2550383.png
es2sts.png

Designs can even come from games that aren’t released yet. When Brawl was announced at E3 2006, Twilight Princess wasn’t out, yet it featured Twilight Princess Link. Roy was playable in Melee despite his only game not being out yet. This means Zelda Wii-U Link may even be an option for SSB4. Heck, designs don’t even need to be from games. Melee Ganondorf was based on the Gamecube Tech Demo and Brawl Sheik was based on Twilight Princess concept art. Think of the possibilities!

Basically, colour schemes that change models instead.

D

diledude92

Already posted my thoughts of Zelda characters in Super Smash Bros. several times. So, um, yeah. This:

Basically, colour schemes that change models instead.

NICE! I like that! In Soul Cailbur 2, which was developed by namco, Link was in it. He had an OOT look, but he was changed a little so he'd look as though he fit into the Soul Calibur Universe, and it worked! I think the art director in this smash bros was responsible for Soul Calibur, so we'll see what happens

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Ooh I definitely want to see Ganny with a SS style look.

However there is a looming possibility that Ganondorf could be replaced by Ghirahim. This would make me sad but not toooo sad as long as Ghirahim would be good

D

diledude92

Ooh I definitely want to see Ganny with a SS style look.

However there is a looming possibility that Ganondorf could be replaced by Ghirahim. This would make me sad but not toooo sad as long as Ghirahim would be good

Not sure if that'll happen, the smash bros series tends to focus on the main characters, widely known characters, and characters that were popular at one time. OF course, Ghirahim is very memorable. You remember him, he has a weird personality, and he's an awesome fighter.

I want Ghirahim, but I don't want him to replace Ganondorf. I want them both:)

Well i see a problem because super smash bros uses characters from there most recent games too like mario from sunshine and luigi from mansion so they couldnt pull the graphic style off for link unless they just stick to OOT but he doesnt have a boomerang in SS thus it would not be accurate for SS. i was thinking that they could use Ghirahim and Link from SS but also use OOT zelda and Ganondorf. for the SS link they could use his standard b a charge skyward strike then his >b would be his bow that would work like samus's missles then the spin attack and bombs but that is just my mindset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom