• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Doubles Tournament - Interest Thread

Fig

The Altruist
Greetings fellow members! This thread is designed to see if the people here will be interested in participating in a Doubles tournament for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. That said, in order for this format to flow as smoothly as possible we will need 16 individuals to register for this tournament. Failure to do so will alter the tournament to be run with the Singles format in mind.

As stated above, we would like to host a Doubles tournament for the first time here as it could bring a lot of fun and strategy between two players. For the sake of the community, all players will be randomly paired up with another member to prevent OP teams from occurring. In the Doubles format, all players will be given 4 stocks a piece given each team 8 stocks to utilize and team attack will be turned on. The reason behind turning on team attack on is to prevent teams from being potentially broken (e.g. Two Ganondorfs never having to worry about killing one another with their attacks) and to add more skill into the game. Players will then have to think much more critically in their situation while also being aware of their partner's situation. This will also allow for teams to create unique combos with their movesets which is always a plus to see. Here's a recent example of how Doubles works for those who want to see how it's done.

Another thing I would like to ask for is to tell which version of Smash 4 do you have/prefer for this tournament. All questions and responses will be taken accounted for prior to start of the tournament. Thank you for your time and have a safe day.

Doctorzuko

Timelord Firelord
I'm definitely in for a tourney. I have both Wii U and 3DS, but obviously I would rather play on Wii U any day. I'm not very good when I play on 3DS and I had to get my 3DS repaired once already because of how rough I was being on it when smash came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom