• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. Special Techniques

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I am a pretty big SSB Melee and Brawl fan, and after playing for a while, me and a frieend came up with our own combo move. He would be Kirby, and I would be Link. He would shoot me out of his mouth at an opponent, and after I hit them, I would start attacking them. We used this a lot. Have any of you guys came up with a special combo/move/technique?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never came up with special techniques, but I definitely abuse advanced techniques such as SHFFL and of course wavedashing. For example, in Super Smash Bros Melee, I would strong throw the boomerang (using Young Link), wavedash a little bit then proceed for a quick up smash. Nice way to rack up damage, but it definitely isn't the most efficient. ^^

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
In Brawl, I main Link and use his DACUS a lot. Almost to the point of being overused. It gives a usually sluggish Link some decent speed. Excellent for approach, as well. This, along with Link's Arrows, Bombs, Boomerang and aerial Clawshot makes for some very efficient spacing. There are some good combos to pull of consisting of short hops, fast falls, forward aerial, neutral aerial, back aerial, bombs, boomerang, arrows, clawshot, dash attack and finishing off with a DACUS.

While Link's recovery isn't good, it's not terrible either. What to keep in mind is that if you activate the spin attack after having just been hit, you will get no horizontal movement. This is worthless to recover with. You shouldn't mid-air shield an attack, because the lag of the dodge will leave you too low to recover from. To recover and dodge an attack at the same time, use the double jump just a little bit before you mid-air shield, so then you are still travelling upwards while you have invincibility frames, ready to use the clawshot or spin attack to recover straight after. Point of advice, using the spin attack right after the double jump provides a greater reach upwards. Pulling out a bomb well in advance, and using its hitbox to attack a helpless Link allows a second spin attack to be use in mid-air, though this is hard to pull off correctly.

Last edited:
With Ganondorf in Brawl, I like to do a Flame Choke, then minihop and come down with Wizard's Foot before they can get up. That's right, Ganondorf can be fast. Also, using Ganoncide is great for stock matches. Also, whenever I get the chance I try an aerial backwards warlock punch. It works alot surprisingly.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Falco is my number 2 in Brawl, and it is very easy to rack up an opponent's damage using his grab. For this to work, though, the opponent must be at a reasonably low damage, say below 50%. After grabbing the opponent, don't attack him/her. Just throw your opponent down and he/she will land right in front of you. Before the opponent gets a chance to do anything, you can quickly grab him/her again and repeat the movements. The best part is that this technique is really easy to pull off.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
When I play as Kirby, I employ his down-B attack a lot. Usually I'll intentionally back away from the fight, while staying relatively close, and let my opponents battle it out against themselves. Then I'll use Kirby's flutter jumps until I'm right above them and quickly change into one of the heavy objects. Depending on their HP, this will send them flying across the stage and gives me plenty of time to stage an attack.

blue-eyes said:
I am a pretty big SSB Melee and Brawl fan, and after playing for a while, me and a friend came up with our own combo move. He would be Kirby, and I would be Link. He would shoot me out of his mouth at an opponent, and after I hit them, I would start attacking them. We used this a lot. Have any of you guys came up with a special combo/move/technique?

This is like another thing I'd do, except in Brawl I'd be Kirby (my go-to guy ;)) and suck and opponent up, then walk around with them in my mouth to the edge and spit them out. This never really made them fall to their deaths, unless by the slightest of chances, but it gave me an upper advantage against them. Typically it only works when there is only one other player or CP other than myself.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
My brother and I do this all the time for example when I am Captain Falcon and he's Snake or Ganon we smash the enemy over the edge then we dash towards him and slam him down usually with down A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom