• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U DGN Tournament 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniluigi008

Just smile and nod.
Psalm 120:1 "I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me."
Someone's mad they missed the tourney.

I'm actually neutral about it.

I'm pretty sure Krazy didn't intend

Once she saw someone else had replied to it, she could have dropped it herself. Apparently, that wasn't possible.

Let's drop the condescending tone

Because it's text, you can't really know how I would say this. Just because you read it as condescending doesn't mean I want it to be read that way. I was just trying to defend myself and my reasoning, is that a crime?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm actually neutral about it.

Once she saw someone else had replied to it, she could have dropped it herself. Apparently, that wasn't possible.

Because it's text, you can't really know how I would say this. Just because you read it as condescending doesn't mean I want it to be read that way. I was just trying to defend myself and my reasoning, is that a crime?

Didn't you know everything everywhere is a crime #truefacts

But in all seriousness reading that myself i can't see anytime of normal tone bar condescending and sarcastic. You missed this tournament big whoop another will come around, so stop posting about trivial things here.

miniluigi008

Just smile and nod.
But in all seriousness reading that myself i can't see anytime of normal tone bar condescending and sarcastic. You missed this tournament big whoop another will come around, so stop posting about trivial things here.

I was asking about Mewtwo because I was interested in joining. I'm not upset about it, but I became upset at K4K for things like:

Logging on once every two days is not a hard task.

What? Did you read my question?

You don't have to live on the internet to read or have read one column and remember one fact, instead of, you know, making stuff up.

Regardless, who would want Ice Climbers with the entire gimmick of the Ice Climbers removed?

I, as you may have guessed, happen to like the Ice Climbers. I also don't log on to the forums every two days because I have a life, I read questions thoroughly, and I can remember more than one fact. True, it's a little stupid of me to care so much due to it being trivial. However, playing as Mewtwo could make or break someone's entry. I don't want to point any fingers at myself, since pointing is rude.

The only things I meant to burn a little were these, I admit:

without the drama.

I don't live on the internet.

However, they are true statements.

//

At the end of the day, I was trying to defend my information because I knew it wasn't entirely false. This set me up for a defensive stance on the conversation.

Also, the Ice Climbers aren't in the newest Smash Brothers games because the 3DS version couldn't handle them, believe it or not, not time constraints.

//

K4K is a Man. Just likes rosalina

That affects me not whether it is true or false.

EDIT: My piece is said. Take it or leave it.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I'm going to leave it.

Nobody believes you when you say you aren't acting condescending. Saying, "I thought you were capable of comprehension," is definitely condescending.

Reactions: Fig

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Miniluigi008 said:
There's no reason to start the argument anyway. I don't mind debates and whatnot, and disagreeing is fine, but this is a tournament set up thread, let's leave arguing out of this. PM him if you think something is wrong with the set up.

Miniluigi008 said:
Using emotes, smaller text, italisting words can certainly give off a condescending tone, yes.

Though if you didn't mean it, fine, but it would be best not to clog up this thread. Continue the conversation with Krazy via PM, you can reply to me as well via PM.

Fig

The Altruist
Let's just put this arguing behind us. This is clogging up the tournament thread and to some degree is putting it off-topic. So you missed the tournament? Alright, it happens to all of us. Shake that salt away and just wait for the next one. It's not like this will be the last Smash tournament we have. Smash 4 will last us another 5-6 years or forever depending if we are getting one for the next console that Nintendo has or forever by simply giving us a new DLC character every few months.

I'm a Ice Climbers main in Melee and Brawl and while it's tragic they don't appear in Smash 4, I don't think talking about them is beneficial for a tournament thread. As for Mewtwo, we were originally going to not have him allowed at that specific point of time because not everyone would have the chance to get Mewtwo. If you asked Krash, he would have definitely let you since the tournament was taking forever to move on.

TL;DR - Wash off that salt and wait until the next tournament to begin. By that point, you should already have your chance to get Mewtwo and/or Lucas.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Lord, this thread, why did it have to go this far? I'm legitimately laughing.

@miniluigi008, I'm sorry for offending you. Look at it from my view; you barge into this thread and instead of kindly asking why Mewtwo was banned for this tournament, you try to counter arguments that don't exist. Literally the first sentence of your first post would have been enough. It's difficult to be polite in conversation with someone who acts this way. Don't try to compare which of our posts has more "attempts at burns", that's just sad.

You admit to have started being defensive once I corrected you on the Ice Climbers. Once you learned you were incorrect, that was the point to let it go and move on, not bring up characters like Mr. Game & Watch and the Duck Hunt Duo, who you know aren't relevant because they aren't 3DS hardware restrained. Google fact-check stuff beforehand if you always want to be right.

Now please, drop the topic and resist further multi-quoting. Participate in the next tournament if you wish, or don't; I don't care.

K4K is a Man. Just likes rosalina

The Super Bash Sister title doesn't help. :P

miniluigi008

Just smile and nod.
you should already have your chance to get Mewtwo and/or Lucas.

I got Mewtwo early and free because of Club Nintendo.

@Krazy4Krash The sentences after my initial question were trying to speculate your reasoning behind Mewtwo. It was made apparent after linkdude's comment.

So you missed the tournament?

I clearly stated I was not upset about missing the tournament.

@Himura Kenshin Okay, so I missed a condescending quote. Someone should still be able to understand what I'm saying though, I'm not using fancy vocabulary (at least I don't think so, but I suppose that's relative.)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
@Acestar4 has dropped out due to school. Now, in round 3, there's only two sets to play. They are:
  • Himura Kenshin vs. Heroine of Time
  • PhantomTriforce vs. Fig
Once these are played, we can make a small bracket for the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom