• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U DGN Tournament 1 Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
Welcome to the sign-ups for the first Super Smash Bros. for Wii U DGN Tournament! You may sign up any time between now and when the forum goes down, although an extension is possible. Below are the specific rules and details. Please read them before participating.

Tournament Details
  • Tournament organizers: Fig, Krazy4Krash, Linkdude74, PhantomTriforce
  • Start date: Whenever the forum is back up
  • Format: Double elimination
  • Player cap: None
    -If the bracket is not even, first-round byes will be randomised.​
  • Joining the tournament group is a requirement (Here is the link). Please read the discussions there and respond as necessary. Currently, this includes:
    -Entry to an optional Skype group to assist in communication between players.
    -Nintendo Network ID postings​
  • Website challonge.com will be used to create the bracket and linked in the tournament thread.
  • All sets will be best 2 out of 3 games, with the exception of the finals, which will all be best 3 out of 5 games.
    -The player coming from the losers bracket will have to win 2 sets, while the player coming from the winners bracket will only have to win 1 set.​
  • Roughly 3 days per round
Rules
  • Do not modify the default in-game rules except in the following ways:
    -3 stock battle
    -Set customisations on
    -8 minute stock timer
    -Disable items​
  • Equipment is not allowed. You must take all equipment off the moveset(s) you plan to use before you play your matches, as you cannot edit customisations while in a group online.
  • In the case of the match timer running out, the player with more stocks wins. If stocks are the same, then the player with less % wins. If % is the same as well, then a 1-stock 3-minute game is played with the same characters and stage as a tie breaker.
  • If both players happen to lose their last stock at the exact same time and the game goes to Sudden Death, it is ignored. Instead, play a tie-breaker as described above.
    -However, if the game ends by use of a recognised Sacrificial KO technique and it goes to Sudden Death, it is ignored and the initiator of the move is considered the winner.​
  • Dave's Stupid Rule is applied; you cannot counterpick a stage you have already won on during the current set. All Omega stages and Final Destination are tied together for this rule.
    -However, the Gentleman's Rule is applied; regardless of Dave's Stupid Rule or stage strikes, any of the legal stages may be played on if both players agree.​

Match Procedure
  • The first character selection is a blind pick; both players should select a character and moveset without telling the other person, then go to the stage select screen.
  • The first stage selection is decided through striking (or the Gentleman's Rule). The assigned first player tells the other person one of the following five stages they don't wish to play on. The second player does the same for two more stages, then the first player does one more, effectively deciding the stage to play on for the first game. The list of starting stages is as follows:
    -Battlefield
    -Final Destination, or any specific Omega stage.
    -Smashville
    -Town and City
    -Lylat Cruise
After the completion a game:
  1. The winner strikes two stages from the full list, and it remains banned for the rest of the set. This includes the aforementioned starting stages and the following counterpick stages:
    -Duck Hunt
    -Skyloft
    -Kongo Jungle 64
    -Delfino Plaza
    -Halberd
  2. The loser picks the stage to play the next match on. This cannot be any of the striked stages or any stage they have won on during the set already (unless the Gentleman's Rule is applied).
  3. The winner can change characters if desired. They must tell the loser which character he/she will be.
  4. The loser can change characters if desired. They must tell the winner which character he/she will be.
  5. The winner chooses their custom moveset, or the default moves if they wish.
  6. The loser chooses their custom moveset, or the default moves if they wish. They may request to be told what the winner has selected beforehand.
  7. Both players must pick the same stage as agreed prior.

Other Points
  • Either player must post the results in the tournament thread.
    -By default, the poster is assumed right, but the opponent has 24 hours to confirm or object.​
  • One of the TOs will update the Challonge bracket.
  • If an opponent does not respond for setting up a time for the match for 36 hours, contact one of the TOs. We will attempt to contact the player too; if the player does not respond for another 24 hours, you will win the match by default.
  • It is advised to save the replays of your matches, so in the case of a disagreement, they can be reviewed. The maximum length of the matches should be 8 minutes and can always been saved provided there is space in the SD card. As there is currently no official upload or share feature, recording the replay with your phone or camera and sending that footage to us is fine. Please be sure that you are able to see everything clearly at all times.
  • Do not overly ledge-stall to run out the timer. If you think your opponent might be doing this, send the replay to the TOs as detailed above.
  • If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the winners bracket, he/she will be sent to the losers bracket. If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the losers bracket, he/she will be disqualified.
    Cheating qualifies as, but is not limited to:
    -"Convincing" the other player in any way to let you win.
    -Letting someone else play for you.
    -Glitching the game so it becomes unplayable.​
Have fun and good luck to everyone! Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What locations are everyone participating in? Of course this will be an online fiasco, and Smash Bros for Wii U is known to have some connectivity issues when playing with distanced people (moreso than the typical online lag, because Nintendo's servers aren't necessarily the best.) That will probably cause some unneeded interference, so it would be good to post one's region I think.

For example, my region is USA.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm playing in this, got to get my groove on.

What locations are everyone participating in? Of course this will be an online fiasco, and Smash Bros for Wii U is known to have some connectivity issues when playing with distanced people (moreso than the typical online lag, because Nintendo's servers aren't necessarily the best.) That will probably cause some unneeded interference, so it would be good to post one's region I think.

For example, my region is USA.

Most participates would be American also and the stability of the game is pretty good so I wouldn't be concerned.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
All right guys I have started the tournament. The bracket is located here http://challonge.com/ssbwiiudgn1

Our first Matches are
Linkdude74 VS Fig
Krazy4Krash VS Himura Kenshin
PrincessNiki VS A Link in Time
Heroine of Time VS Chocolate Storm

Participants will have until Sunday, January 11th to finishes their matches. Good luck to all

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Heroine you're going freakin DOWN girl

just shoot me a time when you're available, hopefully I can meet it, I am totally and utterly free tomorrow Friday the 9th of 2015. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom