• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

キラ

Yo!
Mewtwo needs to be released already.

480px-Mewtwo_SSB4.png

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
There should be a Nintendo Direct reasonably soon, and we're bound to hear about Mewtwo then, and possibly information for the patch for the Wii U version the brings new features, such as the Miiverse stage, tournament mode and ability to share replays, snapshots, Mii Fighters and stage builder stages. All in good time.

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I was wondering if anyone would/could teach me how to play the game. I got it for my birthday back in December, but i really really suck at the game! last Smash Bros I played was on the N64 about 12-13 years ago

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone would/could teach me how to play the game. I got it for my birthday back in December, but i really really suck at the game! last Smash Bros I played was on the N64 about 12-13 years ago

I merged this post with the general Smash 4 thread.

If it's really been that long since you've played, the first step is to watch the How to Play video that plays when you leave the game on the title screen for long enough. Jump right into the game with friends or immediate family who are willing, and if they're more familiar with the game then they can help you too. Try out lots of characters to see who you are comfortable with. Start on the more simple stages and turn on some items you will understand easily. You can practice against CPUs, working your way up the difficulty until you can manage level 7 AI comfortably; don't worry about level 8 or 9. If you have the option, avoid using the Wiimote to play, stick with the GamePad or invest in a Pro Controller, Wii Classic Controller or Gamecube Controller + official adapter; they're all much better controllers for this game.

If you have any specific questions, don't be afraid to ask! I'm sure there are players on this website willing to play online with you and help you improve. If you have Skype, I can put you in a group chat for it. You should join this group, as well.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The latest Direct showed a fair bit of Smash Brothers news. First of all, we got a trailer for Mewtwo. He additionally has a page on the official website now, which can be found here. He appears to have the same moveset as in Melee, with updates to some animations and inclusion of a Final Smash, which is Mega Mewtwo Y using Psystrike. Mewtwo can be downloaded with a code distributed by Club Nintendo or with eShop funds on the 28th of April.

fighter_2.jpg

Lucas was annouced as a new DLC fighter, watch his trailer here. He does not have a page on the website yet. Lucas has the same PK-focused moveset he did in Brawl, and will be distributed in June.

fighter_1.jpg

Mii Fighters receive more costumes through paid DLC, and you can see those in a trailer here. They will may be bought separately or in a bundle together on the 15th of April. A list of them is in the spoiler tag below.

- SSB T-Shirt
- Link's Cap, Link's Outfit
- Majora's Mask
- Mega Man X's Helmet, Mega Man X's Armour
- Proto Man's Helmet, Proto Man's Armour
- Dunban Wig, Dunban's Outfit
- Cat Suit Hat, Cat Suit
- Monkey Suit Hat, Monkey Suit

pack_1.jpg

There will be another game update soon, which adds the ability to purchase downloadable content as it becomes available, as well as sharing features for the Wii U version as you can do on the 3DS. It will also adjust the character balance.

On the Smash Brothers website, you can now vote in the Fighter Ballot. Nominate a character you would like to appear as a DLC figher.

Last but not least, the amiibo for Greninja, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. were shown for the first time in this Direct. They will be released in the coming months.

Actually Krazy you are slightly incorrect. He can be downloaded with a promotional code on April 15th if you registered both copies of SSB before 3/31. He becomes available to everyone else on the 28th.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Actually Krazy you are slightly incorrect. He can be downloaded with a promotional code on April 15th if you registered both copies of SSB before 3/31. He becomes available to everyone else on the 28th.

I realised that shortly afterwards, but didn't feel like editing. :P Thanks for the correction.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Anyone who thinks they are getting amiibo, good luck. K4K, seriously wish you luck on ganondorf. I'll try and nab 2 but I can't garuntee

Salem

SICK
Seeing that Proto Man costume for the Mii makes me think.... Why can't it be an alternative consume for Mega Man?

Yeah, for a lot of them they're simply costumes for characters that are already in the game, and you've got a lot of moves which are essentially just reskins of those characters moves, usually with slight differences. What's even the point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom