• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

I personally think Smash 4 is very underwhelming compared to Melee. That game felt much better to me when it comes to some of its features. I hate to sound like a fangirl here, but it's seriously how I feel concerning Smash 4.

Guess it's due to me growing tired of gaming in general.

I'm not playing Smash Bros. Wii U as much as I thought I would. Haven't played it in weeks till today, but when I do play it, I feel like I'm forcing myself to like it.

Probably because I'm burned out. I played a lot of Melee back in the day, crazy amounts of Brawl and the 3DS version a month before Smash Bros. U comes out.

SSB4 is (from an objective standpoint) probably the best one: most refined, most characters, most features, fixed lots of flaws but Smash is still Smash and it's the same formula.

I've spent about twice ax much time playing the 3DS version of Smash 4 compared to the Wii U version. I've always wanted to have a portable Smash Bros., and it's a good way to unwind a bit after school. I feel like Smash Run also has the spirit of Melee's Adventure Mode, which I was addicted to back in the day.

I mostly play Smash 4 Wii U for the more stable online. Event Match and Master/Crazy orders are fun single player options too, but only for short bursts.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
An update has released for Smash Wii U; version 1.0.2. It adds stages to the lineup available for 8-player battles. They are:
  • Mario Circuit
  • Luigi’s Mansion
  • Pyrosphere
  • Norfair
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Town and City
  • Smashville
  • Wii Fit Studio
In addition, the Omega forms of these stages can be used:
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Mario Circuit
  • The Great Cave Offensive
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Town and City
Most hazards and background features on these stagaes are disabled when played in 8-player Smash mode, however. Still, more options is not a bad thing.

キラ

Yo!
So do people really believe the tier lists? I mean, I think they're accurate to some extent but I don't understand why Mr. Game & Watch and Pac-Man are so low on the list on Event Hubs. I'm really good with them.

Thoughts on the tier lists?

I think tier lists are pretty dumb honestly. I know not many people like Toon Link because he's high tier, but that doesn't stop me from being the character I play as the most. As for the low tier characters, I didn't mind how Pac-Man played. He didn't seem so bad compared to garbage characters like Diddy & Captain Olimar.

キラ

Yo!
I wish Nintendo would make more amiibo. I really don't understand why they don't. I mean, yes, there is plenty of Mario, Peach, Kirby, Samus, and a couple of others, but every single new wave is so hard to find.

Nintendo, do you not want us to buy your amiibo? You'd be making much more money if you put more out, because there is a high demand.

Same with the GameCube controller adapter. Someone bought me a third-party adapter made a few years ago that let's me use a GC controller recognized as a Wii Classic Controller, but there is a delay and this adapter makes the controller do things that I didn't press with my buttons. I use the GamePad cause it's such a bad experience with that stupid adapter.

Because they found out they could make tons more money by recalling all the single-sell adapters and bundling them with a bunch of crap no one wants. They're recouping losses from poor Wii U sales.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
So do people really believe the tier lists? I mean, I think they're accurate to some extent but I don't understand why Mr. Game & Watch and Pac-Man are so low on the list on Event Hubs. I'm really good with them.

Thoughts on the tier lists?

Tier lists are only meant for competitive play. And currently, for Smash 4, competitive play is defined as 2/3 stock, 5/8 minutes, items off, customs off, and only on Battlefield, FD, Smashville, Town & City, Lylat Cruise, Duck Hunt, Skyloft, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, and Kongo Jungle 64 for doubles.

For example, Charizard could be thought of as a good character in casual play do to him ability to rack up damage quickly and having good kill options. However, in competitive play, he isn't seen as such a great character due to generally poor mobility and poor approach options.

And Event Hubs shouldn't be taken seriously. It's voted on by people and it's more of a popularity contest.

I think tier lists are pretty dumb honestly. I know not many people like Toon Link because he's high tier, but that doesn't stop me from being the character I play as the most. As for the low tier characters, I didn't mind how Pac-Man played. He didn't seem so bad compared to garbage characters like Diddy & Captain Olimar.

I don't know how competitively you play, but people play a certain character because they are high tier, they don't avoid playing characters because they are good. And Toon Link isn't thought of as high tier at the moment, in fact, people prefer regular Link in this game. And I don't know if you're joking about Diddy because a "garbage" character, I sure hope you are.

I don't know how competitively you play, but people play a certain character because they are high tier, they don't avoid playing characters because they are good. And Toon Link isn't thought of as high tier at the moment, in fact, people prefer regular Link in this game. And I don't know if you're joking about Diddy because a "garbage" character, I sure hope you are.

I thought regular Link was pretty terrible in the game. I seriously don't like playing as him all that much. And I think Diddy Kong is a garbage character because of his moveset. I'm seriously not joking here.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I thought regular Link was pretty terrible in the game. I seriously don't like playing as him all that much. And I think Diddy Kong is a garbage character because of his moveset. I'm seriously not joking here.

That's fine if you think like that, but Diddy is currently considered the best character in the game (and recently won the biggest Sm4sh tournament) and I don't see that changing any time soon unless there is another balance batch. As for Link and Toon Link, well Toon Link was clearly better in Brawl, but Toon Link received some nerfs and Link received some buffs so they may be around the same level, but just play one game against Himura and you'll see how good Link actually is.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Version 1.0.5 of Smash 3DS has been released, and the general changes can be read here.
  • Adds the ability to use amiibo when playing the game on New 3DS or New 3DS XL.
    • To use amiibo on 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS, a separate accessory - currently scheduled for release later in 2015 - and a separate software update will be required.
    • Amiibo that have been trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U already will be compatible.
  • Share mode.
    • Snapshots, Replays and Mii Fighters can be shared with users around the world. You can also search for and download data that has been posted by other players.
    • It's also possible to send snapshots, Replays and Mii Fighters to your friends. When connecting to the internet from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the game will check for new data. Downloading received data may take some time. If you don't download data within 30 days, it will be deleted from the server.
    • Snapshots can be uploaded straight to a dedicated community on Miiverse.
  • Gameplay changes
    • Introduces additional enhancements to improves the user's experience and enjoyment.
    • After updating to version 1.0.5, you will not be able to play local matches with players using version 1.0.4 or below. In addition, you will be unable to play Replays created in previous software versions. This update is also required to access online features of the software.

キラ

Yo!
Look what I got!

7b6NNTs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom