• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Fig

The Altruist
Can we talk about how the Tower of Smash leak is looking more & more legit by the day, especially now that it's gotten the US release date right?

To be fair, every rumor was stating that Smash 4 Wii U will be released on November 21st. Considering that it is Black Friday and also the same that Nintendo released both Super Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds, it makes sense because Nintendo is very traditional. Also that leak is now dead because it failed to call out the The Great Cave Offensive stage was accidentally leaked by the official Super Smash Bros. Facebook page so no I don't think it is legit. Sure obvious stages will return from that leak, but I highly doubt it is correct compared to the 4chan and Gematsu leaks prior.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 69

Monday, 6th October
zlCfzSg__lIJOeOPmB

Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

One round of conquest mode has taken place since this post, between Bowser and Villager. Bowser was the victor, with worldwide result for that being 73% to 27%. On a personal note, I got 1000 gold in the game as a prize for playing Bowser a few times online, so be sure to make contributions.

The current round of conquest mode has teams of certain characters, split into Brawlers, Sword Fighter and Gunners. They are Little Mac, Donkey Kong, Lucario and Captain Falcon as the Brawlers, Meta Knight, Link, Marth and Ike as the Sword Fighters, and Fox, Samus, Zero Suit Samus and Mega Man as the Gunners. The current worldwide progress sits at roughly 50% score for the Brawlers and 25% for each the Sword Fighters and Gunner teams.

Tuesday, 7th October
zlCfzShMcQMkJemvhN

For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle.

zlCfzShMcUMzLqT9mK

Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own.

FP characters are the AI that you train, up to level 50. They are compatible with both the Wii U and 3DS versions. The first wave of 12 amiibos releases in November, and a second wave of another 6 amiibos releases in December.

Wednesday, 8th October
zlCfzShYJ6oslfngBW

The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them. Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle. And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time.

Ness and the Magicant stage are the first unlockable content shown in a daily pic since worldwide launch of Smash Brothers 3DS. Flying Men are powerful allies that act like an Assist Trophy, but may be KO'd in the traditional manner in addition to having HP. Only five of them can appear over the course of a battle on this stage.

Thursday, 9th October
zlCfzShjqXk4HEEszk

Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

The Trophy Shop on Wii U is much more exquisite than that on 3DS, and it has two more trophies for sale at a time. No doubt there won't be an option to purchase trophies with play coins, as they are only a feature on 3DS systems.

Friday, 10th October
zlCfzShurxUZFT2dAl

Unfortunately, I've been too busy working on developing the Wii U version that I haven't had a chance to play Home-Run Contest with my Global Smash Power turned on. So fighters, with the game now released worldwide, how are you faring with your home-run distance and Global Smash Power? I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage.

A method that quickly became famous for good scores in Home-Run Contest is to choose Ganondorf and spam forward tilts (aka. the Sparta Kick). End with a reverse Warlock Punch and watch a new high score happen before your eyes. Funnily enough, Ganondorf is mentioned in this post despite being a secret character and not revealed on the official website yet.

If you like Sakurai's comments in Famitsu, here's two good ones. Sakurai on the clone characters in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS and Sakurai on how characters are chosen for Smash Bros.. Links are to Nintendo Everything.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
MAJOR Tower of Smash leak support.

First, this post was an extension to the leak and was made in late September, and it mentions a mode called "Smash World". Guess what audio clip was found hidden in the 3DS' version's data:

[video=youtube;BEC8m-ckNfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEC8m-ckNfI[/video]

There are also audio clips in that video that state "Master Orders" & "Crazy Orders". In the most recent Pic of the Day (as of this post), it's all too obvious that these modes are shown, despite the word "Orders" being blurred out:

zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

This is a leak that I initially didn't put much stock into (if any at all), but I'm borderline convinced at this point. Every new bit of information just keeps pointing to it more & more.

Actually, I'm thinking it's very likely that the Tower of Smash is actually Smash World.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Two more secret characters are on the website, Ganondorf and R.O.B., both with new Wii U screens. Additionally, there is a new page about amiibo. On this page, you can see the unannounced characters Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff in the image of the character select screen on Wii U, their first official acknowledgement.

entry8-3.jpg

MAJOR Tower of Smash leak support.

First, this post was an extension to the leak and was made in late September, and it mentions a mode called "Smash World". Guess what audio clip was found hidden in the 3DS' version's data:

[video=youtube;BEC8m-ckNfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEC8m-ckNfI[/video]

There are also audio clips in that video that state "Master Orders" & "Crazy Orders". In the most recent Pic of the Day (as of this post), it's all too obvious that these modes are shown, despite the word "Orders" being blurred out:

zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

This is a leak that I initially didn't put much stock into (if any at all), but I'm borderline convinced at this point. Every new bit of information just keeps pointing to it more & more.

Actually, I'm thinking it's very likely that the Tower of Smash is actually Smash World.

Actually it might not be orders.

Here is the Jap version of the pic:

zoiCKVg.jpg

Someone (from Smashboards) translated the Jap there:
"I believe it translates to "MASUDA SAIDO" and "KUREIJI SAIDO", Master Side and Crazy Side."
That's exactly what the person said so maybe it's a special master or crazy hand fight with special match conditions. Who knows really.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Actually it might not be orders.

Here is the Jap version of the pic:

zoiCKVg.jpg

Someone (from Smashboards) translated the Jap there:
"I believe it translates to "MASUDA SAIDO" and "KUREIJI SAIDO", Master Side and Crazy Side."
That's exactly what the person said so maybe it's a special master or crazy hand fight with special match conditions. Who knows really.

English names of things in Japanese games aren't always the same, though, especially in a series like Smash, as seen by multiple character names in the roster.

It very well could wind up not being Orders, but it just seems too perfect after hearing those audio clips.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
How do you beat the "3 unique custom outfits" challenge? I've collected more than 3 and I haven't gotten it for some reason

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 70

Monday, 13th October
zlCfzSij36QdDHcJCT

Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing.

zlCfzSij4yoEknfct9

Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man.

Adding to the list of the few Wii U trophies we know about are four new Mega Man series trophies. The number of trophies exclusive to this version is sure to be mighty high.

Tuesday, 14th October
zlCfzSi0-_QqRB1Cpl

Now here's a challenge… Find Stalfos!! (Difficulty Level 3) This is a close-up of a specific area in the Trophy Hoard, but the search will be more challenging if you zoom out. You can change the alignment of these trophies by holding down a direction on the +Control Pad while you're entering Trophy Hoard.

Daily pics may continue to provide information you do not know even if you own the game. This shaping feature of the Trophy Hoard was present in both Melee and Brawl.

Wednesday, 15th October
zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

Now, what mode is this…?!

In the Japanese edition of this picture, the menu is uncensored and reads "Master Side" and "Crazy Side". Taking into account of unused audio files in Smash 3DS, in English it reads "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders". For the time being, we can only speculate as to what these mean. *cough*

Thursday, 16th October
zlCfzSjNZw40-2r1vB

Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though....

A bigger game means more tips. The examples here are also extraordinarily more specific than those on 3DS, with exact percentages and such.

Friday, 17th October
zlCfzSjYb-EeLZUGTj

Zael from The Last Story grabs some Superspicy Curry from Master Hand. "No…! You mustn't let that curry lure you in…!!" In the Wii U version, you can take photos of dream collaborations and funny situations with your trophies in the Photo Studio.

Diorama mode was in Brawl but does not feature in Smash 3DS. You can position trophies for funny images and share them with friends.

On the Amazon page for Smash Wii U, we learn of new modes through the text description. The notable sentence is highlighted below, and you can read the full text here.

Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

The Stage Builder is a returning feature from Brawl, and it will likely be more expansive here. "Challenges created by Master Hand and Crazy Hand" is no doubt what we see in Wednesday's daily pic above, and a new board game mode is intriguing, to say the least.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A new Nintendo Direct stream has been announced, called Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things. It airs on October 23rd at 3pm PT, and you can view it here at that time. Until then, speculation!

Unrelated, more tidbits from Sakurai were in the Famitsu column of last week. Split into two articles on Nintendo Everything on few days ago, topics include daily pics, Final Smashes and the length of Smash Run games. You can read them here and here.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
In case you haven't seen them yet, more than 100 new screenshots of the unlockable veterans Ness, Falco and Wario have been released. These were the first three characters put in the secret characters section of the official website. You can view them in all their HD glory on flickr or minus. The flickr gallery also has some higher resolution versions of some recent daily pics and the Wii U images from Dr. Mario's and Dark Pit's pages on the official site, and the minus gallery has new 3DS screenshots of the three unlockable veterans mentioned previously.

This direct was simply amazing. Smash Wii U looks to be the best game in the series yet. I can't wait to play 8 man Smash, Master Order and Crazy Order, and Event Match.

The Mewtwo announcement at the end made me one happy gamer. It's great to see the Melee veterans returning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom