• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

D

Deleted member 14134

So a lot of people are thinking that the Wii U version is going to bring more characters due to the 4 character slots that can still be filled on the screen. It's ticking some people off even. They think that you can only get the other 4 if you have the WiiU version or some crap like that.

Now I do believe we will get more characters for the WiiU version. I mean, Nintendo is going to need some more hooks to sell it right? But I think what is going on is that those slots are for characters in development right now and upon the WiiU release, a patch for the 3DS version will be released, or free dlc, which adds those characters. There are a lot of theories about this going around right now and I'm wondering what you guys think about the possibility of the WiiU version adding a few more characters to the 3DS

I agree with this. I know some people are stuck on the fact that something was said about the versions having identical rosters but I can see them bringing in big new characters such as mewtwo ridley and shrek for the wii U as a selling point.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with this. I know some people are stuck on the fact that something was said about the versions having identical rosters but I can see them bringing in big new characters such as mewtwo ridley and shrek for the wii U as a selling point.

Shrek takes ogre! ;)

This is plausible considering SSB3DS doesn't use all of the advertised space. But DLC is DLC; it doesn't necessarily mean we'll get characters. Sakurai may have freed up some space for, say, the Amiibo feature. I don't know. If we do get new characters, listen up Sakurai: Young Link, Roy, Chrom, Master Chief, and Sora

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
plays more or less as i expected. struggling a bit with the circle pad on → + A attacks. jumping not always responsive either.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's worth noting that, just for myself of course, I don't find the root-cause of Melee elitist being annoying to be the lack of items or differing stages.

I never said you did, though. I was just pointing out that there are far more casual elitists that ARE annoyed by this. I understand exactly what you meant.

The lack of a c-stick is annoying, since 90% of my strategy with Link is "spam the hell out of the smash".

You'll be able to c-stick with the New 3DS.

I never said you did, though. I was just pointing out that there are far more casual elitists that ARE annoyed by this. I understand exactly what you meant.

Was never implying that you did say that, just offering more in-depth reasoning for me personally as to why I find Melee elitist to be among the more annoying on a competitive scene as a compliment to your commentary as I had yet to do so.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Smash 4 = a midway between Melee & Brawl confirmed.
I'll be honest. Smash 4 plays incredibly similar to Brawl. I hate Brawl. But I enjoy Smash 4. Why? The increase in speed is actually what the Smash series needed. It isn't as fast as Melee. But it's a nice segue from Brawl that retains elements of both without erring on the side of either. It isn't a midway; it's its own path entirely that resembles both games in one way or another by chance. :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Nintendo have announced that Smash Brothers 3DS has already sold 1 million copies.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2014/140916.html

It has been out for less than a week and only in Japan. The future numbers are going to be good.

Also, Sakurai has made a post on Miiverse regarding the future of the daily pics.

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

Source

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo have announced that Smash Brothers 3DS has already sold 1 million copies.

There is no way in hell that this figure is correct. No way. The game hasn't even been out for a week. This...this is HAS to be false! C'mon guys, this is Nintendo we're talking about! They don't even have great graphics or top of the line PC graphics!

...in all seriousness: that figure is insanely good all things considered. One million in the span of, what, four days or so? Nintendo is blazing a Grand Trail. I can feel the impact already. SSB3DS is extremely light on content and it's selling 1M in four days. SSB3DS is breaking circle pads (lmao) and selling one million copies in a freaking weekend. Think about this, guys. If Smash has that impact for the 3DS, could it have a similar impact on the Wii U? Let's pray.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Diverging off slightly, I called it! The New 3DS has games that will be made availible for the old 3DS but dumbed down until you play it on newer ones, like Link's Awakening DX and how you could play it on the BW Game Boy, and Smash is one of them.

Any tips on how not to break the Circle Pads when this hits? KI:U already maimed my touch screen on my original 3DS.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Any tips on how not to break the Circle Pads when this hits?
In truth, I do not understand how one could break a circle pad playing this game. Well, maybe on the OG 3DS (idk if its just me, but after switching to an XL, the OG 3DS really does feel smaller.) but not on an XL. The main tip is to not mash the circle pad into oblivion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom