• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

D

Deleted member 14134

Unhappy with the roster. I wish we could of seen more black clones such as dark link, shadow mario, dark samus, white Mr game & watch, black mii fit trainer and Mrs. Pacman.

Edit: Hell why don't we just add shiny pikachu, charizard, jigglypuff, and greninja as their own characters in there as well?!?!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
maybe everyone could be a different colored mr. game and watch

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Edit: Hell why don't we just add shiny pikachu, charizard, jigglypuff, and greninja as their own characters in there as well?!?!

I was hoping they would use the shiny pokemon as alt colors for the characters, but I don't believe they did. Unless Greninja (not sure of his shiny) and Jigglypuff have shinies as color changes.

Fig

The Altruist
I was hoping they would use the shiny pokemon as alt colors for the characters, but I don't believe they did. Unless Greninja (not sure of his shiny) and Jigglypuff have shinies as color changes.

Every Pokémon has a shiny coloring in the Pokémon games. Some are better than others while some are very subtle. Greninja has his shiny in Smash 4 which is his black coloring while a shiny Jigglypuff is basically a normal Jigglypuff with a tad lighter skin tone and green eyes combined with a special hat.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Yeah, I had noticed that Charizard at the least didn't have his shiny coloring, which I was a bit bummed about because it's probably my favorite shiny.

D

Deleted member 14134

Yeah, I had noticed that Charizard at the least didn't have his shiny coloring, which I was a bit bummed about because it's probably my favorite shiny.

Mega charizard x does appear though which is a pretty badass substitute.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
So a lot of people are thinking that the Wii U version is going to bring more characters due to the 4 character slots that can still be filled on the screen. It's ticking some people off even. They think that you can only get the other 4 if you have the WiiU version or some crap like that.

Now I do believe we will get more characters for the WiiU version. I mean, Nintendo is going to need some more hooks to sell it right? But I think what is going on is that those slots are for characters in development right now and upon the WiiU release, a patch for the 3DS version will be released, or free dlc, which adds those characters. There are a lot of theories about this going around right now and I'm wondering what you guys think about the possibility of the WiiU version adding a few more characters to the 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 65

Monday, 8th September
zlCfzSa3pRUkFnvyIo

This is what the view looks like within the Vault. Your Trophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off.

The first we officially see of the vault, and with that comes new details. Replays and Snapshots are in the 3DS version of the game. Compared to the Vault in Brawl, there is no stage builder, chronicle, masterpieces or stickers (which are replaced by custom equipment). The sound test and records have been moved into the Vault, and the challenges section has been put onto the main menu.

Tuesday, 9th September
zlCfzSbEJvQiiAN0qN

In Classic mode, a roller spins before every stage to determine your reward. Rewards in red are for customization, green ones are trophies, and yellow means precious gold. Of course, if you raise the intensity, the abundance of these rewards will increase quite a bit, too. You can be rewarded in every stage, so in that way this mode might be a little more generous compared to previous games in the series.

zlCfzSbEJ6M8cAwV7J

And here's the results screen. It shows what you gained in each stage, but you won't be rewarded until you clear it all. If you mess up in the middle, you can lose some of them too. The fighter icons are special attacks, and icons like the shield are equipment. The icons that say Mii on them are hats and clothes for Mii characters. Icons that show characters on a stand are trophies, of course, and the coins are gold you earned.

Classic Mode seems to be the most reliable method of gaining consistent rewards, partly due to this roller before each stage. Other good ways include Smash Run and the Trophy Rush minigame.

Wednesday, 10th September
zlCfzSbPcx4oB8ipAC

Users in Japan, you can now download the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! You can pick among 5 fighters with which to play. The stage is Battlefield, and the rules are fixed. There will be a few items and assist trophies available too. You can battle via local wireless, so have fun battling with your friends. For users outside of Japan, stay tuned for more news about the demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Screen shot is from Japanese version.

zlCfzSbPdFwADdGHpX

The only mode available on the demo version is Smash, but I also left open a feature called Tips. Just remember to tap that button. You'll figure the rest out once you do.

The demo is still currently exclusive to Japanese 3DS systems. The Final Destination form of Battlefield is available in addition to its regular state, and activating this also turns off items, as if the user were playing For Glory mode online. Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man are the playable characters.

Thursday, 11th September
zlCfzSbbJC0DrBTCPR

The hero from Pikmin 3, Alph joins the battle!! He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either.

zlCfzSbbJKE5PlWw__

They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character-selection screen. See? It says Alph.

Alph was first seen to be an alternative to Olimar in the retail demo of the 3DS version playable in sections of Japan last weekend. It featured a full set of alternates for all the available playable characters, and each of the Olimar and Alph models have four colour schemes each.

Friday, 12th September
zlCfzSblzEc8wcbNGS

This is the World Status you can see in Spectator mode. The game isn't released yet so the map looks pretty plain now, but I wonder what it'll look like once it's out? Also, this is where you can see all sorts of stats being tallied up. In Group play and Spectator mode, you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.

zlCfzSblzN89_8hsXZ

Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them.

The patch spoken of is a new online mode called Conquest, and it releases on Monday. You can see details here.

Posted exclusively on the Japanese Director's Room was a reminder for the NicoNico livestream airing at 7pm Japanese Time, which is... RIGHT NOW. The link supplied is below:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv192594604

Also, added to the main Smash site yesterday was two new pieces of music. PAC-MAN (Club Mix) from PAC-MAN and Kapp'n's Song from Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;u3tq_Mqrfgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tq_Mqrfgk[/video]

Tell me this isn't epic and I'll have you on a silver platter

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
*angry frowning*

lucky *******

Hey I just got a paycheck for $100...I might just blow it on club nintendo points ;p

Anyone get the Platinum codes for the demo download? I was super lucky and had a friend share one with me, about to fire it up right now.

It really is funny because Club Nintendo is down right now. >_>

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Hey I just got a paycheck for $100...I might just blow it on club nintendo points ;p

You can't buy Club Nintendo points. You get Club Nintendo points every time you register Nintendo games and products (not all games or accessories can be redeemed for points). Either way, the only way to to get the demo this early is if you were a Platinum member for Club Nintendo this past year from July 1st 2013-June 30th 2014. If you didn't make the Platinum status, then you are out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom