• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
As promised, here is a link to scans of Famitsu's lenghty guide to Smash Brothers 3DS.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 100-page Famitsu supplement

There's a lot covered, like characters, stages, items and modes. I recommend looking over it. Of notable worth is every colour scheme for all revealed characters, shown below:

Yab2WtT.jpg

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Is there a difference between Luigi color 1 and 3? Or did they goof on the scans?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Can't wait to get my mitts on Lucina. The scan is really low quality all things considered, and I can't get a make for her figure...but I'm sure she's going to be a hell of a blast to play. Can't wait for Smash 3DS in just three weeks!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Confirmed: Duck Hunt Dog is in the game

[video=youtube;3p4DBiataXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p4DBiataXo[/video]

D

Deleted member 14134

Has is been confirmed that the rosters will be identical between versions? Is it possible for the wii U version to have exclusive characters (mewtwo, ridley, shrek) that just haven't been announced yet?

Fig

The Altruist
Has is been confirmed that the rosters will be identical between versions? Is it possible for the wii U version to have exclusive characters (mewtwo, ridley, shrek) that just haven't been announced yet?

It's been by Sakurai back in E3 2013 that both versions of Super Smash Bros. 4 will indeed have the same roster and will have differences such as stages and modes.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
In case you're not aware, the complete roster has been unlocked and showcased in several streams. It is the same as the ESRB leak from some time ago, plus the Mii Fighters, who are placed next to the random button.

BmUv0j9.png

(Ness is underneath the hand cursor)

The newcomers here who have not been officially announced are Bowser Jr., Dark Pit and Duck Hunt. They are all unlockable characters.

The unlockable veterans are Jigglypuff, Ness, Falco, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Wario. Also returning is Dr. Mario from Melee. Characters from Brawl who have not returned are the Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, Snake and Squirtle & Ivysaur (both as part of the Pokemon Trainer). I'll save my criticisms for later, but unless you're feeling particularly lucky for Wii U characters that are DLC on 3DS, this is the final roster for both versions.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
I'm satisfied with the roster. 49 characters is more than I was expecting, to say the least. And Shulk. Shulk is good. Although I do have to question Dr. Mario; like, why even.

Wish the final roster layout was sorted by series just a tad better. Most of the unlockable characters are just appended to the end of the list, and it looks a little sloppy, order-wise. Other than that (and why some characters have their own slots instead of being a character alt), I think I'm relatively content with the roster. I suppose the leak didn't do as much harm as it could have. Since there have been so many false leaks for various games in the past, it's literally become its own version of The Boy Who Cried Wolf, so we just naturally treat leaks as fake at this point. What I'm saying is that there still was that element of surprise to a certain degree when everything was actually shown to be real. At least, it was that way for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Still can't believe that they brought the Doctor back! Hell yeah! Can't wait to put some checkups on these fools.

NEVER FORGET
10/4/14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom