• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Everytime I play a 3DS I turn the 3D off; I may just have to keep it on for that Game Boy stage.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Here's information on Pit I missed yesterday. It shares details on the two customisations for his neutral special move. These magazines scans are getting hard to keep track of...

D9lQBGR.jpg

Additionally, here's information on some single player in Smash 3DS. Classic mode has seen several changes, including diverging paths. This is great news for those who have grown sick of the linear nature in past titles. Miis take place as the foes in Multi-Man Mode, instead of the generic Polygon, Wireframe and Alloy fighters each previous game has used respectively. There was evidence of these new features in the 3DS trailer that was shown during the E3 Digitial Event.

medH565.jpg

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The new CoroCoro magazine issue has been released, and a gallery of the Super Smash Bros. pages can be found here. Nothing groundbreaking, it's all reiteration with some new screenshots, old ones, artwork, and Japanese text. Translations should come soon, but in the meantime, enjoy what's there.

D

Deleted member 14134

Guys I've been studying that pic and have came to two conclusions. One is that big head mode is confirmed, hence samus' giant head. Two, I'm 78% sure (after hours of studying it) that that's actually a mii in a metaknight costume and not the actual metaknight.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Guys I've been studying that pic and have came to two conclusions. One is that big head mode is confirmed, hence samus' giant head. Two, I'm 78% sure (after hours of studying it) that that's actually a mii in a metaknight costume and not the actual metaknight.

Wrong! It's clearly Metaknight, you can see his helmet. It looks exactly like him! So, Big head mode confirmed.

Fig

The Altruist

I'm very certain it is the later as we do see the Mii Swords fighter and Mii Gunner in the screenshot. I would say that this increases Meta Knight's chance if he wasn't at 100% already to be confirmed. He's one of Sakurai's babies and with all the love that Kid Icarus is getting, losing a Kirby rep is the last thing in mind for this iteration of Smash Bros. If anything the reason why it's taking him so long to be confirmed is that he is probably the veteran that needs the most work done on him as he was completely broken in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and being the only character in Brawl to have his own tier, at the SS-tier. They are probably are going to nerf Meta Knight by a vast amount but so long as he's playable (in the sense that he still has a strong potential to win against other characters), he should be fine.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm very certain it is the later as we do see the Mii Swords fighter and Mii Gunner in the screenshot. I would say that this increases Meta Knight's chance if he wasn't at 100% already to be confirmed. He's one of Sakurai's babies and with all the love that Kid Icarus is getting, losing a Kirby rep is the last thing in mind for this iteration of Smash Bros. If anything the reason why it's taking him so long to be confirmed is that he is probably the veteran that needs the most work done on him as he was completely broken in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and being the only character in Brawl to have his own tier, at the SS-tier. They are probably are going to nerf Meta Knight by a vast amount but so long as he's playable (in the sense that he still has a strong potential to win against other characters), he should be fine.

Last time I checked, Ice Climbers were in their own top-tier also. Good chance they might return after making ultra sure that they don't have any broken grab combos.

Fig

The Altruist
Last time I checked, Ice Climbers were in their own top-tier also. Good chance they might return after making ultra sure that they don't have any broken grab combos.

True, but to be fair the Ice Climbers being a tag-team character is both their strength and weakness. Simply getting separating the two Ice Climbers, it always weakens the player to half his/her strength. As for the Ice Climbers, I really don't see how they are powerful with the exception of their chain grabs but I really am not sure if it is possible to program to not do a chain grab consider they are proximity within each other's reach and someone is bound to find a way to desync the Ice Climbers. As of now, there has never been a retro character ever cut from Smash (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B.) and considering not only do they represent Nintendo's retro era but have unique movesets that can't be copied by other characters. I do believe we they are safe from being cut.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member

They're both Mii Swordfighters, the right Mii just has a futuristic skin on. I'm one to believe that having Meta Knight's mask as accessory doesn't impact his role in the slightest; not for or against the potential of being playable. All it means is the character is acknowledged, in the same way Mario and Samus have been referenced with Mii hats. Despite this, I do think Meta Knight will return as playable, and that Sakurai is just teasing at the fact he hasn't been shown yet.

I'm certain Meta Knight won't be as good as he was in Brawl, however being changed isn't the only reason he may be held back to be shown so far. Characters such as Bowser and Pit have changed a lot and were revealed initially, while Captain Falcon was only shown to us last month and has little different about him. I doubt characters are shown to us as they are ready, just whenever they feel it's appropriate to do so.

True, but to be fair the Ice Climbers being a tag-team character is both their strength and weakness. Simply getting separating the two Ice Climbers, it always weakens the player to half his/her strength. As for the Ice Climbers, I really don't see how they are powerful with the exception of their chain grabs but I really am not sure if it is possible to program to not do a chain grab consider they are proximity within each other's reach and someone is bound to find a way to desync the Ice Climbers. As of now, there has never been a retro character ever cut from Smash (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B.) and considering not only do they represent Nintendo's retro era but have unique movesets that can't be copied by other characters. I do believe we they are safe from being cut.

PhantomTriforce is correct in saying the general grab game isn't as strong this time around, if the demo is any indication, and the Ice Climbers shouldn't be as strong for that reason alone. On a personal note, the Ice Climbers are the only character that wouldn't cause me to grieve if they were cut. I don't feel the appeal and their role as "retro" doesn't mean much when we have R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch around, who I think do the deed much greater. We also have Mega Man and Pac Man with many retro aspects, and Olimar and Rosalina who have other unique controlled beings.

EDIT: Meta Knight has just been revealed:

Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!

zlCfzSTaFN8J6JxnZp

Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move.

zlCfzSTaF1QPQF0_8A

His page on the official site can be found here, with ten screenshots as usual.

main.png

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I love that his stage is returning as well! That was one of my favourite stages in Brawl. :) Metaknight was a cool hero, I never found him difficult to play against, just very annoying with his moveset.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Super Smash Bros. 3DS Limited Edition Pack revealed for Europe

2a5lz12.jpg

This is what Europeans can get, and it comes with a pre-installed copy of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. I can't say I'm a fan of how it looks, so I'm not too fussed if it comes over here. What do you all think?

Along with Meta Knight's reveal today, the official site got some new pages. The first in on Solo Modes in the 3DS version, including Classic mode and Stadium. It seems that traditional Target Smash (also known as Break the Targets) will not be returning on 3DS. Target Blast is the new mode you all know of that involves smashing a bomb into many targets, and there are target segments included in Smash Run, however.

entry3-5.jpg

The second page is on Controls. I like how the diamond layout is, but L as Grab and R as Shield is bothersome to me. Here's hoping you can customise them.

The third page is on some known Stages. It's listed as "Stages 1" and there's only a select few present, so it's not hard to predict that more of these pages will come in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom