• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Also, any news on Gamecube controllers?
I heard about [This] Recently and I've been wondering, does that mean Nintendo will be possibly making Gamecube controllers again? I mean, I think they SHOULD, especially for the new SSB.

And is there any other info on this adapter?

I'm more than certain official GameCube controllers will be developed and distributed to retailers, along with the adapters. Given that the new GCN controller displayed has a Super Smash Bros. logo on it, I wouldn't be surprised if those were the model of controllers being made. However, it may be limited edition as an alternative to a standard model that is available for purchase as well, or be bundled with the game or adapter, but they will exist, I'm sure.

This is Sakurai's Daily Pic on Tuesday:

Pic of the day.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it's only natural that many coins will appear in this stage… Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??

zlCfzSCAr3w88PiR-H

If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won't flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage's name is Golden Plains and it's exclusive to the 3DS version.

zlCfzSCAsMcwgkg7U_

This post reveals Golden Plains as a new stage on 3DS, and with its modifications in place, should play extraordinarily differently from any other stage. While it is not explicitly stated, it looks to be an auto-scrolling moving stage, like another Mario stage on 3DS, 3D Land.

The gold form players take when reaching 100 coins is inspired by Gold Mario (and Silver Luigi) from the same game the stage originates, New Super Mario Bros. 2 on 3DS, but differs in the fact it is not acquired by the Gold Flower and the player presumably cannot shoot Gold Fireballs. It is instead reflected in the way it increases the characters resistance to attacks, like the Metal form, and boosts their strength.

Nintendo's Digital Event at E3 begins in less than 8 hours, and I hope you're all prepared.

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'm more than certain official GameCube controllers will be developed and distributed to retailers, along with the adapters. Given that the new GCN controller displayed has a Super Smash Bros. logo on it, I wouldn't be surprised if those were the model of controllers being made. However, it may be limited edition as an alternative to a standard model that is available for purchase as well, or be bundled with the game or adapter, but they will exist, I'm sure.
I'll be so relieved when/if that happens. A lot of my Nintendo Brand OFFICIAL Gamecube controllers are starting to die. (in one way or another) And all the 3rd-party ones really SUCK. I wish they'd bring back the wavebird. I didn't get a chance to get my hands on one...

Wouldn't it be something if they made a GC adapter for the 3DS release?
(not that it necessarily needs it, or can even work that way)

Oh, and by the way, did I get my info right on the idea I heard that apparently there's interchangeability between the 3DS version and the Wii U version? If so, what is it, and how would that work?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'll be so relieved when/if that happens. A lot of my Nintendo Brand OFFICIAL Gamecube controllers are starting to die. (in one way or another) And all the 3rd-party ones really SUCK. I wish they'd bring back the wavebird. I didn't get a chance to get my hands on one...

The only official GCN controller I own is the one that came with the console when I bought it pre-owned almost five years ago. It's still holding up nicely, but I can't say no to buying a new official one when they're released later this year.

I don't own a WaveBird either. I have used one before, and it's pretty snazzy, so it's unfortunate they cost a fair bit. I'm not too bothered by a wire, although I'm restricted to where I can sit on my couch when it has to stretch from my Wii. At least the new adapter is USB, so it has a longer reach.

Wouldn't it be something if they made a GC adapter for the 3DS release?
(not that it necessarily needs it, or can even work that way)

That would be absolutely hilarious, perhaps just even over how impractical that would be to play with.

Oh, and by the way, did I get my info right on the idea I heard that apparently there's interchangeability between the 3DS version and the Wii U version? If so, what is it, and how would that work?

I don't know what you mean by 'interchangeable'. What I do know is that there's no cross-platform play, and while there is connection between the two editions, we have not been told what that refers to. At most, I would assume the transmission of data such as certain unlockables.

Mii Fighters and Palutena (freaking yes) were just announced to be playable characters during the Digital Event. Mii at the very start, and Palutena at the very end. Go view. The Smash Brothers site as received a big expansion, I recommend looking at that too.

Also during the Digital Event, we saw plenty of what Smash 3DS has to offer, and got its release date, which will be October 4th this year. The NFC features were talked about, called amiibo, and Bill Trinen went deeper into the topic in this video.

Nintendo Treehouse at E3 begins live in an hour and a half from this post merging, and the tourney begins in less than six hours.

Last edited:

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I'm gonna be honest, I feel like Miis are either going to be overpowered to the max, or really really bad. I do however like the class system for them and the choosing of the specials.

Fig

The Altruist
Before I say my thoughts about what was revealed for Smash today, this video just got released and yes it's official Pac-Man is a playable character in Smash 4!
[video=youtube;nP3ccMoQNHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ccMoQNHo[/video]

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Everybody was going nuts because Pac-Man was revealed at the beginning of the press meet up that happened in the last two hours, and it wasn't being streamed. He's on the official site now, so go check him out.

main.png

Also, Mr. Game and Watch was teased.

ok when i first saw the pac-man trailer on youtube, i honesty thought it was a fan made Joke.. But after going on google and googleing it.. i have to say this game is the biggest collaboration of legendary and classic icons in gaming history, and i cant Waite to play it :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Let's recap the day. It started off with Mii Fighters and Palutena being revealed as playable characters in the Digital Event. Their Miiverse post is below.

Posting at a not-so-typical time of the day.
An announcement has been made at E3: Mii Fighters are joining the battle!! "You can fight--anyone can fight!"

zlCfzSCHa3ACUMU6k3

And Palutena is joining the battle! She's using a lot of powers in the video we released, but these are only a few of the powers featured in Kid Icarus: Uprising. For more details, check out the Super Smash Bros. official website. (www.smashbros.com)

zlCfzSCHbYAPZUyXU5
Soon afterwards, the Smash Brothers website got a hefty update, which includes new sections for Online Play, Smash Run, How to Play, and Character Customisation. We also got the reveal of the cover art for both titles (3DS/Wii U). The release date for the 3DS version is September 13th in Japan, October 3rd in The Americas and Europe, and October 4th in Australia, while the Wii U version is still listed as this Holiday season.

Both games were available to play in a demo version at E3, and to end, there was the Super Smash Bros. Invitational. ZeRo won the major single-elimination tourney playing as Zero Suit Samus, and PPMD won the fan-favourite tourney playing as Fox. There were additionally some minor matches played between four celebrities and four members of the press. The event in its entirety can be viewed here, and the completed bracket for the Invitational can be found below.

10467094_287432361430451_2474347772482090106_o.jpg
Upon the conclusion of the tournament, elsewhere there was a 90-minute presentation and Q&A between Sakurai and the press. This was not streamed, but due to kind press members posting news as it happened, we would immediately find out about Pac-Man as a playable character. While hidden from us for the time-being, we were soon greeted by Pac-Man's page on the official site, along with his trailer. Revealed in this trailer was a new stage for each version of the game; a stage based around the classic arcade game for the 3DS, and a Pac-Land inspired stage for Wii U. Pac-Man's Miiverse post is below.

Pic of the day, and a surprise announcement.
A milestone of video-game history--PAC-MAN joins the battle! He's even older than Mario!!

zlCfzSCNn8Uvx2D3CZ

How does he fight? Check out the Super Smash Bros. official website for more details. (www.smashbros.com)
The next event Nintendo has on the table is the second Nintendo Treehouse livestream. It begins in two and a half hours from this posting, and runs for a whopping nine hours from that point. Enjoy.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Palutena has visible cleavage. God damnit Nintendo, stop with this ridiculous over-sexualisation of your female characters! I'm so mad right now!!!!111@#

But I quite like her design! She looks pretty cool, I've never played that Kid Icarus game but I'll definitely give her a go. And hell yeah Pac-Man, you and Kirby are definitely going to be my Yellow and Pink balls of destruction in this game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom