• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Sooo this caught my attention what with the SB erupting into rage at Amiibos so i thought balls to this let's see how much all the stuff for Smash 4 is if you got EVERYTHING. This includes all controllers and the like.

There are 55 Amiibo (disregarding the variations) this comes to $714.45 (average of $12.99)
Wii U version is $50
3DS Version is $33
DLC - $30
Controller - $50 (3)
Wiimote - $35 (4)
Nunchuks - $20 (4)

Total W/o Wii U- $1267

Wii U (8G:cool: - $348

Total /w Wii U - $1615
New 3DS - $200

Total /w New 3DS - $1467

Total for EVERYTHING - $1815

Jesus Christ nintendo makes a monoply

All info came from Amazon.com

If you find info that's cheaper by all means ^^

{Edit} Was too conservative on the DLC and i neglected to add 3DS costs. Thanks @Satan and @Tristan. I won't Change the Amiibo price due to it being the lowest cost i want. Which is really the Average right now.

Last edited:
A lot of these amiibo are pretty uncommon so I highly doubt they'd be at retail for a normal price. Might be forced to import if you're in the U.S. and prices are usually based according to how uncommon they are. And I'm pretty sure all the DLC is more than 30 dolla, especially if you're getting it for both versions.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
A lot of these amiibo are pretty uncommon so I highly doubt they'd be at retail for a normal price. Might be forced to import if you're in the U.S. and prices are usually based according to how uncommon they are. And I'm pretty sure all the DLC is more than 30 dolla, especially if you're getting it for both versions.

So basically you ish saying i low balled the costs. Christ and people wonder if i'm psychotic. Nintendo are scaming SOABs

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You included the price for the 3DS version but not the 3DS itself. I bought my New 3DS XL for $150, so add that to the price too.

Also, as Satan said, you shorted the dlc a bit. It's more than $30 for all the characters alone. It's probably upwards of $100+ for all the dlc.

Nintendo is crazy.

I see a lot of people mentioning the possibility of a definitive version of Smash 4 for the NX launch with all of the DLC characters included. That would definitely get more people in on one of the largest and most varied rosters in fighting game history, but I think it would be a blow to those who supported the biggest Wii U title through Nintendo's woes. Smash was one of the most hyped games of 2015 even though it released in 2014. The DLC cost is definitely less generous than what we got for Mario Kart 8, but it takes more to develop a fighter than create a race track. I've been pleased with what I've purchased and feel I don't miss out on anything major by skipping building an Amiibo collection.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Not only does the complete version of Smash 4 cost more than many second hand cars, it is the most underwhelming of all the Smash Bros. It is like Brawl HD without a story mode, which was arguably Brawls most enjoyable feature. Unless you are a competitive online player the gameplay changes are barely noticeable.

It has loads of extra characters, some of which you have to pay for, which I can understand a few would be excited for and pleased with their addition to the roster. Though none of which I personally give a flying **** about. I'm a Zelda fan and I like Zelda stuff. For me Smash 4 was an insult. There wasn't any new Zelda fighters. There are more Fire Emblem fighters than Zelda ones and Zelda is supposed to be one of Nintendo's flagship titles. It is certainly a more popular and recognisable franchise than Fire Emblem, particularly in the west. Not only is the Zelda franchise not represented as well as it should have been, Ganondorf is still a clone of a character who is unknown to most people except through Smash itself. A character who is almost guaranteed to never again receive another game entry into his series. It makes no sense for one of the biggest and recognisable villains in all of gaming, who has had a presence in over 10 canon Zelda games to be a clone of some obscure racing driver.
The actual cost of individual pieces of additional content for smash is a robbery. For the same money as an amiibo you can get yourself 20 hours of extra story content in The Witcher 3. This demonstrates the depravity of Nintendo. They have become a truly terrible company, worse than even EA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Not only does the complete version of Smash 4 cost more than many second hand cars, it is the most underwhelming of all the Smash Bros. It is like Brawl HD without a story mode, which was arguably Brawls most enjoyable feature. Unless you are a competitive online player the gameplay changes are barely noticeable.

It has loads of extra characters, some of which you have to pay for, which I can understand a few would be excited for and pleased with their addition to the roster. Though none of which I personally give a flying **** about. I'm a Zelda fan and I like Zelda stuff. For me Smash 4 was an insult. There wasn't any new Zelda fighters. There are more Fire Emblem fighters than Zelda ones and Zelda is supposed to be one of Nintendo's flagship titles. It is certainly a more popular and recognisable franchise than Fire Emblem, particularly in the west. Not only is the Zelda franchise not represented as well as it should have been, Ganondorf is still a clone of a character who is unknown to most people except through Smash itself. A character who is almost guaranteed to never again receive another game entry into his series. It makes no sense for one of the biggest and recognisable villains in all of gaming, who has had a presence in over 10 canon Zelda games to be a clone of some obscure racing driver.
The actual cost of individual pieces of additional content for smash is a robbery. For the same money as an amiibo you can get yourself 20 hours of extra story content in The Witcher 3. This demonstrates the depravity of Nintendo. They have become a truly terrible company, worse than even EA.
I agree on FE being way over-represented. Honestly, what a joke. 3 characters at most would've done, but with Corrin it's become apparent that Sakurai is just outright shilling the franchise and using Smash Bros. as an advertising billboard.

I don't see the problem with Gannondorf's moveset being a clone of Falcon's. They've done it in a way that actually suits his character, and more importantly, he's reasonably famous amongst the Smash community. A correctly landed off stage Side-special, Reversed Warlock Punch, or off stage D-Air are pretty hype generating moves. Captain Falcon is one of the best characters to be a clone of, especially since his down-special can prevent a massive juggling combo. I doubt we'll be seeing a major moveset overhaul in future Smash titles.

Amiibo's are just some weird gimmick and I honestly don't see the point of having one, so it's not like you're being forced to get them for Smash bros. but yeah, they shouldn't have been a thing in the first place.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I agree on FE being way over-represented. Honestly, what a joke. 3 characters at most would've done, but with Corrin it's become apparent that Sakurai is just outright shilling the franchise and using Smash Bros. as an advertising billboard.

I don't see the problem with Gannondorf's moveset being a clone of Falcon's. They've done it in a way that actually suits his character, and more importantly, he's reasonably famous amongst the Smash community. A correctly landed off stage Side-special, Reversed Warlock Punch, or off stage D-Air are pretty hype generating moves. Captain Falcon is one of the best characters to be a clone of, especially since his down-special can prevent a massive juggling combo. I doubt we'll be seeing a major moveset overhaul in future Smash titles.

Amiibo's are just some weird gimmick and I honestly don't see the point of having one, so it's not like you're being forced to get them for Smash bros. but yeah, they shouldn't have been a thing in the first place.

Ganondorf has a wide variety of abilities in the games which could be put to good use for him in smash and fact of the matter is that his Smash move set does not reflect the way he is in the games. He is not a fist fighter. He almost always uses magical projectiles and often utilises weapons including duel swords or a trident.

Being a clone is not a good thing. I don't think there needs to be clones in smash, they can simply use alternate costumes. Clones are lazy and especially for a main character like that it really is not acceptable.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Can i ask why it was pertinent to merge my thread? Seeing as it was about the cost of the game and not the actual game. Methinks you guys need to read the thread and see if it actually meets criteria for the merging.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Can i ask why it was pertinent to merge my thread? Seeing as it was about the cost of the game and not the actual game. Methinks you guys need to read the thread and see if it actually meets criteria for the merging.

Your post was very general about Smash 4, as were all the replies, and the last few did not relate to your post while it did relate to the game, so it makes sense to put them all in the main topic together.

Sakurai has dedicated his Famitsu column for today to thanking his staff and fans. Development for Smash 4 has finished and he is going to take a much needed break. Source Gaming have a full translation of the article here. The site is currently down for me so I will quote and link a snippet from My Nintendo News.
The last two DLC fighters for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, Corrin and Bayonetta, are now available. At long last, the development on Smash for has ended!! To all of the staff who were involved in this project, thank you for all your hard work. To all who supported and followed the game and its development, thank you so very much. Personally, I’m happy I can finally take an extended vacation.

The fighters themselves become the sources of new excitement. That’s why the new fighters can do things the others cannot, to bring to life a number of battles that did not previously exist. Smash is much more extravagant in its design than other fighting games, development is difficult, and I have to deal with oversight from the original creators, but I have to do my best.

It has been a great run, and I'm overly satisfied with the final product, despite several nitpicks that I will refrain to mention for now.

Dan

I probably would have enjoyed Smash 4 if I could play its multiplayer with three other people, such a great couch co-op game. :(
Sadly all my friends and new acquittance's have "out grown" such games. :(
Online multiplayer just isn't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom