• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
See this is the beauty of this whole leak. It is one thing to not believe the leak, or to believe the leak. I mean, you have to pick one or the other. But you and others outright said the leak has to be fake, even insulting the "creators" of the leak saying they didn't even try. So if the leak is true (I mean, it's not confirmed just by Shulk), the people who insulted the creators of the leak and laughed at the idea of it are going to look foolish. Likewise, if the leak isn't true, anyone who bashed the non-believers will also look foolish. I have personally taken the "believe it, but don't deny the possibility of it being false" standpoint so I don't risk looking foolish when all is said and done.

I said that stuff early on. I later said that I was merely skeptical and that it might be real.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I said that stuff early on. I later said that I was merely skeptical and that it might be real.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying that it's always best when stuff like this is revealed to just say you are skeptical to begin with.
For example:
despite this footage clearly trying to prove the leak with them true -- and we all know that leak was a fake.
Yeah, Master Hand is totally going to have an outline on his CGI character model unlike literally everyone else. /sarcasm

Did the creator even TRY with this one?

I know later you admitted you were merely skeptical, I'm just saying.

There is another couple of users on this site who have condemned those who believe in the leaks, saying it's illogical and stupid, etc (not saying you are one of them). Part of me really wishes that this leak is 100% accurate so those people can set their egos aside for a moment and learn not to insult others for having a different opinion.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Man I hate Shulk's design, but he should be a cool character to play. :) I hope Kirby, when absorbing his power, gets the hair. I will run around with that beautiful mop of hair for the entire match and enjoy it that bit more.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The official website has seen another healthy update. First up is Shulk, of course. Like other newcomers, the page has his character render, a link to his trailer, an illustration, and ten screenshots. The second is a new page on Items. On there are some descriptions and a few new screenshots on various items, mainly new ones. Next is a new page on Assist Trophies. There we see descriptions on a bunch of new Assist Trophies, and the introduction of a new one, Dr. Kawashima. His screenshot is below.

entry6-11.jpg

The last new page is about the Pokemon, from Pokeballs and Master Balls. Just like the Famitsu from a few days back, there's explanation on an assortment of new Pokeball Pokemon. Enjoy the new pages, they will likely see updates in the future.

There is one final addition today, and it's for a new promotion for Club Nintendo all around the world. If you register copies of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, you can receive a soundtrack CD.The official Nintendo of America press release has the following to say:

The Wii U game and the first portable game in the series are getting ready for their debuts. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launches Oct. 3, with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U following during the holiday season. Fans who register both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the games with Club Nintendo will receive the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U: Premium Sound Selection, a soundtrack CD packed with music taken from and inspired by the games. More details about this offer will be provided in the future.

Last edited:
There is another couple of users on this site who have condemned those who believe in the leaks, saying it's illogical and stupid, etc (not saying you are one of them). Part of me really wishes that this leak is 100% accurate so those people can set their egos aside for a moment and learn not to insult others for having a different opinion.

In all fairness, it wasn't exclusive to this site at all. Believers in the leak were met with extreme hostility across many gaming sites when the issue first cropped up, with the absolute worst detractors resorting to character insults and damn near insufferably condescending attitudes. I myself almost fully believed the leaks after we got the gameplay footage, but I'm with you - I'm looking forward to seeing some laughably ignorant people eat crow today.

Although the leak "ruined" the remaining roster for us, I'm not any less excited for Shulk. Although I never completed Xenoblade, it was definitely worth the buy when I picked it up at Gamestop during that semi-exclusive event they had. It was an excellent RPG, and Shulk is a really good character; unlike other cool and edgy RPG protagonists (like Final Fantasy in the modern age loves so much....), Shulk seems like he could be a normal guy that I might meet on the street or something, kind of like Tiz from Bravely Default. I'm also looking forward to what the specific skills of the Monodo actually do during gameplay, and if they're fun enough to use, I might just have a new "main".

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A short trailer has been released for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS in Japan, you can watch it embedded below:

[video=youtube;QBXddbXQaXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXddbXQaXE[/video]

Nintendo have also released a five-minute long informative video:

[video=youtube;omeOylQYkuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU[/video]

A new article has been released on Nintendo Everything - Sakurai on the need to appeal to all types of gamers, new Smash Bros. “more interesting” than the others. Sakurai has a lot to say on the topic, and I suggest you go read it, it's a good one.

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
In the end, I'm just glad that Shulk didn't end up as a clone of Marth after all, the leak video showed his Vision and Recovery attacks, which looked awfully similar to Marth's Counter and Recovery attacks respectfully, but with a lot of his attacks shown now it's clear he's not a clone. Also, at the end of the video, that was Metal Face saying "Fancy meeting you here, Monado Boy". I can't help but wonder...does this imply he'll possibly be a stage hazard or something else?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The leak was real? It's quite disappointing to know. I was not impressed by the leaks when they came out I was hoping for them to be disproved, the menus are frickin' hideous and Ganondorf a clone again when they waste an actual character spot on Dr Mario rather than putting some effort in to a beloved villains moves? You'd think they might show the villain of Nintendo's other flagship series a bit more respect. Does this mean ice climbers and snake are actually going to be DLC like the leaker said? That seems dumb.

Really happy to see that Shulk is in, as he'd been on my wanted list since I finished Xenoblade about a year and a half ago. I recently began to think Melia would make for a more interesting fighter, actually, but I'm just glad Xenoblade is getting any representation at all (and Sakurai made it sound like it might not've happened). I also noticed that Dunban and Riki were in a couple of screens as well; does anyone know what the deal with that is? Perhaps Shulk's Final Smash is a chain attack? (Edit: Watching the trailer again, it's obvious the chain attack is a thing. Guess I just missed it the first time.)

Regardless, he's looking very promising. I didn't understand why people kept saying he looked like a Marth clone in the leak, the only similarities I could see were his recovery move and his counter move. Other than that, his move set looked completely original, and we can see from his reveal trailer that it is. The way the Monado Arts were incorporated was brilliant as well. I'm thoroughly impressed by Sakurai's efforts to bring fresh and exciting elements into Smash's relatively simplistic gameplay with these games. While it seems the pace of the games is more in line with Brawl -- as much as I prefer Melee's pace -- it seems there will be plenty of other factors contributing to fun and exciting gameplay.

In light of this information, while I wouldn't say they're 100% confirmed, I'd say there's a 99% likelihood that the leaks were genuine. I'm completely okay with this, because Bowser Jr. looked very intriguing, as did the Duck Hunt dog. The supposed character select screen for the 3DS is admittedly a little ugly, and Ganondorf seems to be a clone again, but neither of these things really bother me. Either way, I'm indifferent to the few things from the leak that are still unconfirmed, so I won't be bothered if the leaks somehow turn out to be false.

What's troubling me now is whether or not to buy the 3DS version right when it comes out or wait for the Wii U version. I'll buy both eventually, but I'd really like to experience the new Smash Bros. for the first time in its full glory on the Wii U (didn't have the chance to do the Best Buy demo during E3). My hype is making it extremely difficult to wait that long, though. (I suppose this is the best possible problem to have, really.)

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
shulk? meh boring

On a side note, I'm rather interested in the new rendition of Classic Mode.

Also holy **** it's the Brain Age guy

I've seen this mentioned a few other places, so I figured I'd share:

If you watch this video at around 0:56, pay attention to Pikachu's square and you'll see another confirmed character.

(It's Ganondorf. Pretty neat.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've seen this mentioned a few other places, so I figured I'd share:

If you watch this video at around 0:56, pay attention to Pikachu's square and you'll see another confirmed character.

(It's Ganondorf. Pretty neat.)

We already know from the leak, this just gives further evidence. I don't see why would they wait so long to reveal him if they aren't even going to do something special with his moveset though. It was obvious he would be returning.

zlCfzSZeToEgud9Pf2

1408983406647.png

No question about the leak's legitimacy now.

I think the best thing about this picture is that yes, it confirms the leak, but it confirms something else - not all of the characters were unlocked in the leaked pictures/footage, due to the same padlock being present. Door is still wide open for at least some kind of surprises, and I guess we'll have to wait another 10 days for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom