• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
...seriously, Bowser Jr instead of Young Link? Sakurai fkn PLEASE.

Ganondorf returns. I am excited.

Shulk? He comes from Xenoblade, right? I'm sure this will be a great addition. Expect the video to be taken down, because I'm reporting it to Nintendo of America.

Garo

Boy Wonder
ridleeeyyyyyyy

i-want-to-nwn9p0.jpg

Someday we'll get it together and we'll get it undone
Someday when the world is much brighter
Someday we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Someday when the world is much lighter

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
...seriously, Bowser Jr instead of Young Link? Sakurai fkn PLEASE.

Ganondorf returns. I am excited.

Shulk? He comes from Xenoblade, right? I'm sure this will be a great addition. Expect the video to be taken down, because I'm reporting it to Nintendo of America.

Why would they put in Young Link and have 3 Links? Bowser Jr. would definitely be a better choice to include in the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why would they put in Young Link and have 3 Links? Bowser Jr. would definitely be a better choice to include in the game.

It's PT in da hiazzouse!

No, I mean we would discard Toon Junk and put Young Link in instead. It's effectively the same character, regardless.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm asking now that people keep meme posts and such out of this thread. Instead, post it in the much more appropriate Funny SSB Images and Videos forum game if the chatbox is not enough. This is no strict rule, however it will be enforced in the manner of having the posts moved there when necessary.

Here's a bunch of new screenshots. If you like Kirby or Kid Icarus characters, you'll like these pics. 27 for 3DS and 55 for Wii U. A few are reused, but are quite minimal.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Another music update, with two new tracks. Green Greens Ver. 2 sourced from Kirby's Dream Land, and Try, Try Again from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

The last four daily pics have been updates on 3DS modes, and I wonder how long the trend will go on. Perhaps will be see a great focus on the 3DS version in general until it releases in Japan, or maybe even worldwide. The Pic of the Day series will likely continue until at least the Wii U version goes international, and the daily pics will surely focus on its exclusive content in the few weeks prior to its release dates.

Fig

The Altruist
Zelda needs just as many newcomers as Mario does, which is to say, none at all.

It's good that Ghirahim didn't waste another slot. He's already going to be in Hyrule Warriors this year, so adding him to Smash Bros 4 would be nothing short of redundant. In comparison, Link and Zelda/Sheik are returning characters, so they aren't unnecessary to that franchise's roster.

I personally thought that Ghirahim had a good chance as a playable character given that he is relevant in terms of being in the latest Zelda console title which was of course, Skyward Sword. Seeing Ghirahim in Hyrule Warriors made me sorta believe that Ghirahim does indeed had a chance given how unique his moveset looks in Hyrule Warriors. In the end, I believe Ghirahim just didn't achieve that level of necessity as say someone as Ganondorf. Besides, since Melee, the Zelda franchise has always had 5 reps being Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, and another iteration of Link (which in this case is Toon Link). Mario is the franchise to have lost a spot in terms of representation as we had 5 Mario reps in Melee (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Dr. Mario) and 4 in Brawl (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser). With Rosalina as a playable character, the Mario franchise has gained back its fifth spot in the roster. That's not to say that the Zelda doesn't deserve a newcomer, but anyone other than Ganondorf is just extra padding that the game doesn't need.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The Famitsu issue of a couple days ago had a small section on Pokemon in Smash Brothers. All four pages are in individual spoiler tags below, and kindly translated into English. The first page introduces newcomer Greninja, followed by details with its special moves. Above these specials on the second page is the new N's Castle stage on 3DS. This is our first sight of it in regular view, as the only screen we've seen before is the image of Reshiram you can see on left side of the page.

The third page has veterans Pikachu, Charizard and Lucario, with some of their special moves. This includes new information on Pikachu's two customisation options for its down special move, Thunder. The final page details several new Pokeball Pokemon, most of which have not been formally shown off yet, but are present in the playable demo that has been circulating the world.

page218translate.jpg
page219translate.jpg
page220translate.jpg
page221translate.jpg

Fig

The Altruist
I always enjoy viewing the new scans that come every once in a while because it shows that more and more information is being given as the release of Smash 4 approaches. Not to mention that I do love how the scans are structured to make the pages bright and colorful just making everything pertaining to Smash 4 just that more exciting. The hype is real and I wish October 3rd will arrive sooner.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 63

Monday, 25th August
zlCfzSXJXDIG2jgY4d

In Classic mode, you challenge multiple stages en route to a climactic final battle. The more gold you put onto the Fiend's Scale, the harder the battles will be. In return, your rewards will get better and more abundant. The best way to earn gold fast is to win Classic battles on higher intensity.

zlCfzSXJXX8cpkyClW

In Classic mode, you can choose your next challenge on the route map. Looks like Master Hand is waiting at the end, but perhaps something might change if you raise the intensity...?!
Classic mode has been a staple for a long time, and it now features an intensity meter like Kid Icarus Uprising. In that game, dying would result in a loss of some picked up currency and loot, and a drop in the difficulty. Master Hand has been the last boss of Classic Mode in every game, and if it is anything like Melee and Brawl, Crazy Hand will appear when certain requirements are met.

Tuesday, 26th August
zlCfzSXcLdMccaVs2k

Spectator Mode is available even on the compact 3DS version!! In this mode, you can watch players all around the world fight and make bets with in-game gold. Wager wisely by checking out the player names, rules, win rates, odds, fighters, and stage!!

zlCfzSXcLvEIpuhj-d

Being able to cheer someone on is what really makes spectating matches fun. This time, 1st and 2nd place will get prizes in four-player matches, and spectators can bet the gold they win on Bonus Chances.
This mode was present in Brawl's online, where players could gamble in a similar manner and win coins and collectibles as rewards. It is now more robust in the fact odds are dependent on the specific player and such.

Wednesday, 27th August
zlCfzSXuOrARd7rscn

A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges in the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit trickier.
The challenges screen was a feature in Brawl, in a large grid with 128 spaces. Similar screens have been in some other games Sakurai has worked on, such as Kirby Air Ride and Kid Icarus Uprising. There may be multiple pages of challenges like the latter game, as there is only 35 in the one screenshot above, significantly less than any of the aforementioned titles.

Thursday, 28th August
zlCfzSYAKt4bdX9TN-

Customize your characters in the Custom section. It sounded better to customize "characters" instead of "fighters," so that's what we went with. There are various ways to customize, but make sure you remember to set up the powers you're bringing with you before playing a round of Smash Run.
Miis have Headgear and Outfits as extra customisable features from regular fighters, in addition to the three classes and three body types that already exist for them. Every character has the ability to select from three specials for each of their four special moves and modifiable equipment, plus the selection of powers to choose from for games of Smash Run.

Friday, 29th August
zlCfzSYRhu8A_fCF1a

The mysterious fighting teams that appear in the Smash Bros. series come in many shapes and sizes, but this time even we don't know what all of them will look like! It's said that they copy faces from Mii characters saved on your system and attack in a large throng...!! But wait, they all have big smiles on their faces. Looks like they're having a good time, so show no mercy and launch them all away!!
Multi-Man Mode returns again under the new name Multi-Man Smash. Miis are the enemies this time around, instead of the teams of Fighting Wire-Frames and Alloys the two previous games have used.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Shulk has been revealed in the latest Japanese-exclusive Nintendo Direct. View 10 screenshots on his page here, and watch his trailer in the embedded video below:

[video=youtube;LtMlqTeS_JE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtMlqTeS_JE[/video]

main.png

illust-modal.jpg

Here's Sakurai's Miiverse post:

Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

zlCfzSYVSuM8YPSwuA

Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

zlCfzSYVTJAe1E7dUO

[List of Monado Arts]
翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

zlCfzSYVTfE5GWn_W0

Last edited:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Finally we got Shulk. It would have been a wasted opportunity if they didn't put him in.

But now that he's confirmed, it reminded me that i played xenoblade with japanese voices all the time because i disliked the british voices. =(

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The leak was real after all, eh?

**** whoever leaked all that stuff.

See this is the beauty of this whole leak. It is one thing to not believe the leak, or to believe the leak. I mean, you have to pick one or the other. But you and others outright said the leak has to be fake, even insulting the "creators" of the leak saying they didn't even try. So if the leak is true (I mean, it's not confirmed just by Shulk), the people who insulted the creators of the leak and laughed at the idea of it are going to look foolish. Likewise, if the leak isn't true, anyone who bashed the non-believers will also look foolish. I have personally taken the "believe it, but don't deny the possibility of it being false" standpoint so I don't risk looking foolish when all is said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom