• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I can't say I'm saddened by the "loss" of another Zelda character; there is none I desire as a newcomer, and Ghirahim was the absolute epitome of "No thanks" for me concerning the idea of being playable. I must express that the Zelda representatives has felt complete to me since Melee, and morally replacing Young Link with Toon Link in Brawl was just bliss. Assist Trophies are the perfect place for others to go, and the fact we've got three new ones from the Zelda series (plus the returning Tingle) so far is simply awesome, along with plenty of new items. The franchise is being far from neglected and I feel bad whenever people suggest it sees the addition of more playable characters, which is the one area it needed representation least. There are a very small number of characters I wouldn't openly object, namely Impa, but I take no interest in supporting them and their inclusion would still raise questions from me. In tough times, just remember:

[ilquote=Sakurai]Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.[/ilquote]

New article about the wait for the Wii U version and the debugging process:

Smash Bros. Creator Explains Why Wii U Owners Have to Wait

I'm confident we'll still be getting it by the end of the year, Sakurai has emphasised in the past that it's his goal to do so. Having the 3DS version in our hands will make any wait less painful, anyway.

Last edited:
I think Ghirahim had some potential as a playable character, but I don't mind him as an assist trophy.

I see this as a sign that Ganondorf is practically confirmed to return. While Hyrule Warriors may be too new a game to base his attacks on, there is a possibility Sakurai knew about its development beforehand or he's created an original move set for Smash Bros. 4.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Potential leak of the entire roster, which looks a good deal more believable than what we've seen before. I'll be somewhat disappointed if it's real, so I'm kind of hoping it's just a very well done fake.
7epqFJU.jpg

How can you even call that a very well done fake, it's an awful fake (just looking at the roster pic here):
- Characters all go up right to the edge
- Black zone at either bottom corner, I highly doubt they would have chosen such a bad color to fill in the space
- Duck hunt dog plz
- Placement of some characters like Lucina - why wouldn't she be next to Ike, Marth, and Robin?
- Jigglypuff's picture is from the Pokemon anime...now why would they do that
- One of Wario's eyeball's is missing
- Mii is missing even though they were confirmed
- Mr. Game and Watch's hand goes into Wario's slot

lol

PantomTriforce said:
How can you even call that a very well done fake, it's an awful fake (just looking at the roster pic here):
- Characters all go up right to the edge
- Black zone at either bottom corner, I highly doubt they would have chosen such a bad color to fill in the space
- Duck hunt dog plz
- Placement of some characters like Lucina - why wouldn't she be next to Ike, Marth, and Robin?
- Jigglypuff's picture is from the Pokemon anime...now why would they do that
- One of Wario's eyeball's is missing
- Mii is missing even though they were confirmed
- Mr. Game and Watch's hand goes into Wario's slot

lol

I think not acknowledging it as at least a "well-made" fake is incredibly ignorant. After browsing multiple videos and even message boards including SmashBoards and some sensible Gamefaqs topics, this leak is without a doubt the most convincing and well-made leak that we've gotten in over a very large period of time, with many of your points already brought up and discussed by others as to why they hold no water (I have no opinion, so I won't comment). Say what you want about its credibility, because I find myself not really caring one way or the other since it'll be confirmed or denied in good time. But I think it's a mistake to at least not even entertain the notion that the effort put in to this, should it not be official, was a vast amount.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Week 62

Monday, 18th August
zlCfzSU8uT4r40CA7I

Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up.
The Nightmare Wizard is the final boss of Kirby's Adventure on NES. He makes the screen go dark, similar to one of the actions the Pokeball Pokemon Togepi would do. The effect is not as undesirable as in the past, however, as CPU players are now affected.

Tuesday, 19th August
zlCfzSVRmjE9Agb0qz

Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this� That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!

zlCfzSVRm3Es4aQHJD

Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions.
In the recent trend of this game to expand the number of alternate costumes outside palette swaps, we get some for Zero Suit Samus. The orange-coloured outfit comes from Zero Mission as mentioned, however the blue one originates from the earlier title also on the GameBoy Advance, Metroid Fusion. It is unknown whether they will get their own line of colour schemes in addition to the Zero Suit.

In the comment image, we get our first look at the stage Brinstar returning from Melee. It is currently the third known returning stage in the 3DS verison, along with Jungle Japes also from Melee, and Green Hill Zone from Brawl.

Wednesday, 20th August
zlCfzSVmD-8Kr8Nvlc

The treasure chests that appear in Smash Run are very important. Not only do they give you stat boosts, but they also give you custom parts (the bag on the right) and Smash Run powers (the bag on the left). You should pick these up and use them in the next battle!!

zlCfzSVmEQEqayQNaw

...However, watch out for Mimicuties disguised as treasure chests. Run away! RUN AWAY!!
Custom Parts and Smash Run powers are the key collectibles of this game outside trophies, both drawing a slight similarity to the stickers system in Brawl. Stat Boosts are only temporary upgrades for the game of Smash Run being played, but are the main focus of the five-minutes you have when on the field. Mimicuties are an enemy from Kid Icarus: Uprising that trick the player to approach them and use an assortment of kicks to attack.

Thursday, 21st August
zlCfzSV5k0QFnqodti

"No, I'll just beat you within an inch of your life!" Demon Lord Ghirahim makes an appearance in Smash Bros!! He's an Assist Trophy, so he could conceivably back up Link, too.
Ghirahim is a major antagonist from Skyward Sword, and is now the fourth Assist Trophy from the Zelda series, joining Skull Kid, Midna and Tingle. It is not known exactly what he does, but he is holding his sword and will likely use it.

Friday, 22nd August
zlCfzSWPHNcCUKFZnv

The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases.

zlCfzSWPIh4RY95EG4

Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!

In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area.

By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned.
www.smashbros.com
The Sound Test has been a feature present in all Smash Brothers game, and it receives some upgrades. The three tracks now available to listen to on the main site are Multi-Man Smash, Trainer Battle (Pokemon X & Y) and Full Steam Ahead (Spirit Tracks). A full list of composers is also on the main site here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom