• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Super Smash Bros. for Switch Character Predictions

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
We talked about this topic for quite a bit in the Shoutbox, but there isn't a thread made yet, so feel free to leave your character predictions here, whether they be fairly safe or really outrageous.

I think the following characters are likely to make the cut this time around:

Decidueye
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
Rex
Ice Climbers
Alm/Celica
A Fire Emblem 16 character

Somewhat likely:

Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Wolf

Maybe:

Dillon

Pipe Dream:

Isaac
King K. Rool

Likely;
Decidueye
Rex
Alm/Celica
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl

Maybe;
Kid Icarus Uprising character
King K Rool/Funky Kong
E. Gadd
Pauline
BotW Champion

Wishlist;
Katrielle Layton
Tethu & Esna (Ever Oasis)
Shovel Knight
Shantae
2B/A2/Yoko Taro ;)

Here is what I think might be added to Smash Bros for Switch, assuming it's a new game and not a WiiU port.

Characters
Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl - I think highly likely as they are in the announcement trailer.
Breath of the Wild Link - I think this will be the standard Link, replacing the TP look for Link. But as a character, it'll play basucally the same.
Spring Boy and/or Ribbon Girl - I think one of both of these two might make the cut. Sure Twintelle is more popular but she's not the face of ARMS like the other two are.
Ice Climbers - If this is Switch exclusive and not on 3DS also then I think Ice Climbers will return.
Rex - Quite possibly might replace Shulk on the roster.
Pyra/Mythra - If Rex doesn't make the cut then a dual character Pyra/Mythra might be there instead. It'll work the same way Zelda/Shiek did as a 2 in one character.
Funky Kong or Dixie Kong - Not likely at all but it might just die in with the Tropical Freeze remake
Dark Souls man - It's coming to Switch and getting an amiibo. Not very likely but not an imposibility either.
Crash Bandicoot - quite possible to advertise the trilogy port.
Sofia 3 - The vehicle used in the Blaster Master games. This is my unlikely prediction. The game did sell really well on Switch and it's a cult classic on the NES.

Skins/Costumes
Wedding Peach/Bowser/Mario - I think they will be a given to cross advertise Mario Odyssey.
Samus Returns - Samus in suit will get a skin to avertise Samus Returns

Stages
New Donk City - To advertise Mario Odyssey
Inkopolis - To advertise Splatoon 2
The Great Plateau - To advertise Breath of the Wild
Dark Souls - I don't know the game well, but he's in as a character, he'll get a stage too.
Crash Bandicoot - I don't know these games well either but if he's in the game he'll get a stage as well.
Gormott - Really any location from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could be there. I think it's a low chance but it's a posibility.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't really have any predictions, just wishes.

I want all 4 champions. Thats extremely wishful thinking, I know, but still. I also want to see Alm and Celica in there. Since we already know BotW Link is in, I don't have to include him in my wishes because thats already a wish that's come true. I do want some BotW stages though, such as Hyrule Castle and a stage that takes you to each of the Divine Beasts. I'd love that. Since we're getting BotW Link, I hope we get BotW Zelda as well. And I hope their movesets get reworked to reflect these changes.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yo legit, when I saw "A Fire Emblem 16 character" my mind misinterpreted that as "all 16 fire emblem characters"
also I wouldn't mind seeing rex in the game, but I'd be over the moon if pyra/mythra made it in w/ her ascend form as a final smash

I'd like to see Simon Belmont as a guest Character this time round. Smash bros has done alot of iconic 3rd party characters from the good old days, it would be great to give us some good old Castlevania love. It would be cool to keep the other 3rd Parties like Megaman and Pac-Man, but won't be dissapointed if they don't make the cut.

I'm hoping BotW Link is a new fighter and isn't a replacement for Link because this Link doesn't represent the series as a whole, just BotW. To have the best of both worlds, they should have two versions of Link: the Classic Link we all know and love from past Zelda/Smash bros games and BotW Link who has a completely different moveset inspired by the game he's from.

I reckon Alm or Celica will be newcomers in the Fire Emblem lineup. I also hope Chrom makes it in this time, I feel his appearence in Fire Emblem Warriors might be the inspiration to make his moveset more than a "plain old swordsman".

I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (played the 1st one, wasn't impressed) but I bet that main protagonist, Rex I believe, will make the cut.

And for the love of god, bring back Wolf O'Donnel! That was the only thing I really hated about Smash 4!

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I would like to see:

Ganondorf from OoT or or WW

No Toon Link

Ghirahim

No Lucina

Ike

I expect to see:

Spring Man

Ice Climbers

Loads of DLC characters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Predictions:
Rex with Pyra/Mythra as companions
Ribbon Girl
Bomberman
Alm/Celica
Amaterasu
King K. Rool
Possibilities:
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Adol/Dana
Isaac
Simon Belmont

Returns:
Bayonetta
Solid Snake
Pac-Man
Shulk

Wishlist:
Elma/Cross
Kos-Mos
Rean Schwarzer
Spyro
No more Mario reps
No more Fire Emblem reps
Arnice

I'd like to see:
Mewtwo unlockable
Ganondorf with unique moveset
Shovel Knight
Impa
Skull Kid
Midna
Tara Grimface/Queen Katia
EDIT: Also Zant pls

What I think we'll get:
like, 15 more Fire Emblem Characters

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Characters
Paper Mario
Captain Toad/Toadette
Cranky Kong
Majora's Mask Link
Wolf Link with Midna
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
Classic Sonic
Pachinko Machine to represent Konami

Stages
New Donk City
Hyrule stage highlighting Divine Beasts
Labo themed stage

Fig

The Altruist
Almost guaranteed to be added:
  • Alm and/or Celica
  • Rex w/Pyra
  • Spring Man or Ribbon Girl
  • Decidueye
Highly likely:
  • FE 16 character or a popular FE character (Lyn for more female characters, Ephraim for lances gameplay, Hector for axes gameplay)
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Waluigi
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Shovel Knight

D

Deleted member 14134

Patrick from Spongebob
Ridley (jk he's too big for smash)
Godzilla
Haunter
Yoda
Harvey Weinstein