• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DGN Tournament 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DGN Tournament! Below are the rules and details about this tournament (they have slightly changed from the last thread, so please be sure to read them). And if you haven't already, please post your Friend Code in the group thread.

Tournament Details
  • Tournament organizers: Fig, Krazy4Krash, Linkdude74, PhantomTriforce
  • Start date: October 10, 2014
  • Joining the tournament group is a requirement (Here is the link)
  • Optional Skype group to assist in communication between players
  • Double elimination
  • No cap on the number of players
    -If the bracket is not even, first-round byes will be random​
    -Seeds will be random​
  • Website challonge.com will be used to create the bracket
  • All games will be best 2 out of 3 games, with the exception of the grand finals, which will be best 3 out of 5 games
    -The player coming from the losers bracket will have to win 2 sets, while the player coming from the winners bracket will only have to win 1 set​
  • 3 days per round

Rules
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minute stock timer
  • Items are banned. Set them to off and none.
  • Set customizations to off
  • The first character selection is a blind pick (both players should select a character at the same time)
  • The first stage selection will be a random omega
  • Dave's Stupid Rule applied: you cannot counter-pick a stage you have already won on during the current set. However, if the same omega appears when choosing random omega, that is acceptable.
  • After the completion of the first game:
    1. The loser picks the stage out of the following:
      -Battlefield, Random Omega, or any Omega you choose, including Final Destination​
    2. The winner can change characters if desired. The winner must tell the loser what character he/she will be.
    3. The loser can change characters if desired. It is not required for the loser to tell the winner what character he/she will be.
    4. Both players must pick the same stage as agreed above
  • In the case of a time-out, the player with more stocks wins. If stocks are the same, then the player with less % wins. If % is the same, then a 1 stock, 3 minute game is played with the same characters and stage as a tie breaker.
  • If the game ends in a Self-Destruct KO, like Ganon's Side B or Kirby's Swallow, and both players die at the exact same time causing a sudden death, the player who initiated the move (in this case, the Ganon or Kirby) wins.
  • If you get Falcon Punched, you must do 10 push-ups at the end of the game. :right:

Other Points
  • The winner must post the results in the tournament thread
    -By default, the poster is assumed right, but the opponent has 24 hours to confirm or object​
  • One of the TOs will update the Challonge bracket
  • If an opponent does not respond for setting up a time for the match for 36 hours, contact one of the TOs. We will attempt to contact the player too; if the player does not respond for another 24 hours, you will win the match by default.
  • It is advised to save matches, so in the case of a disagreement, the replays can be reviewed. The full length of the matches (which should be a maximum of 8 minutes) can now be saved. It should be possible to upload the matches from an SD card to a PC, and then send the matches as attachments to the TOs. I have found out that this is actually not possible. As a result, recording the replay with your phone and sending that to us should be fine, please just make sure that we are able to see everything clearly at all times.
  • Do not overly ledge-stall to run out the timer. If you think your opponent might be doing this, send the replay to the TOs.
  • If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the winners bracket, he/she will be sent to the losers bracket. If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the losers bracket, he/she will be disqualified.
    Cheating qualifies as, but is not limited to:
    -"Convincing" the other player in any way to let you win
    -Letting someone else play for you
    -Glitching the game so it becomes unplayable​

All first round matches must be completed by Sunday, October 12, at 11:59 PM EST. Everyone who got a bye, just sit tight for now. If all matches in the round are played before the end of 3 days, the next round will start earlier.

Have fun and good luck to everyone!

Round 2 of the winners bracket is to be completed by Wednesday, October 15th at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 3 of the winners bracket and round 1 of the losers bracket is to be completed by Saturday, October 18th at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 4 of the winners bracket and round 2 of the losers bracket is to be completed by Friday, October 24th at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 3 of the losers bracket is to be completed by Monday, October 27th at 11:59 PM EST

Round 4 of the losers bracket is to be completed by Wednesday, October 29th at 11:59 PM EST.

Winners finals and round 5 of losers bracket is to be completed by Saturday, November 1st at 11:59 PM EST.

Round 6 of losers bracket is to be completed by Monday, November 3rd at 11:59 PM EST.

Losers finals is to be completed by Thursday, November 6th at 11:59 PM EST.

Grand finals is to be completed by Saturday, November 8th at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Due to the number of participates, some players are left out in this first round and some others must play one more set of games. We will take note of who these people are so they if they choose to participate again in the future and random seeds continue, advantages will be spread out. Here is a list of all match-ups that must be completed in the next three days:

• A Link in Time vs. Stitch
(winner verses Justac00lguy for Round 2)​

• Scarfed vs. tketle
(winner verses PhantomTriforce for Round 2)​

• Krazy4Krash vs. Linkdude74
(winner verses Avagon for Round 2)​

• Fig vs. FxAboutBokChoy
(winner verses Cassandra for Round 2)​

The current round 2 match-ups that are known to exist are as follows. These players may verse each other now if they desire.

• blackice_cc vs. GoroLink
  • Mellow Ezlo vs. JuicieJ
  • Heroine of Time vs. PrincessNiki
  • Deku Shroom vs. Pendio
A list of all participating members can be viewed here.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Uhm... was there an announcement of the starting date for this tournament prior to yesterday? Because this is absurdly sudden.

I already answered this outside the thread but for others to see, yes there was. In the original sign up thread it was stated it would start on the 10th

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Libk is correct (to both things he's said). He and I played our games; the first was a surprising Samus mirror match (Dark Samus vs. Light Suit Samus xD) on Omega Tortimer Island, and I won. For the second game, he chose to play on Omega Battlefield, I played as Lucario, and he played Villager. I won that one also, putting me at best two of three. Good games, man. I now need to verse Avagon for round 2.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Uhm... was there an announcement of the starting date for this tournament prior to yesterday? Because this is absurdly sudden.

Yes, in the tournament details section in the sign up thread, it stated that the sign ups would close at 11:59 PM EST Oct 9, and the tournament would begin on Oct 10. This information has been available to everyone since Monday.

Mine and Scarfed's matches are done; I won 2-0. I played as Link the first time, he was Greninja and we fought on Arena Ferox Omega. For the second match I remained as Link and Scarfed switched to Robin. That match was on Final Destination. It was a lot fun, and I look forward to my match with PhantomTriforce.

GG again Scarfed. ^^

GoroLink and I played our matches just now: I won 2-0. The first match saw me as Charizard and him as Captain Falcon (I nearly had to do some push ups after that match) on Pictochat omega. After that, I switched to Lucina; he switched to Link and chose the Warioware omega as the stage.

Thanks for the matches, and good games, GoroLink!

GoroLink

Goron Hero of the Winds
Yep, I figured if I was to lose the round I had to get him to do push-ups, sadly I didn't accomplish that. But the results that blackice_cc posted are spot on. :) Good games!

Sheik

:the:
Krash beat me 2-0. First match I was Zero Suit Samus and he was Samus, and on Omega WarioWare. The second was Little Mac, me, against him, Ganondorf, on Omega Gerudo Desert. GG, you pummeled me on that second match, lol.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Avagon and I had a little mishap between our matches. He didn't get to properly counterpick the second match, as he was already in the waiting room as Sheik before I said I was playing as Ganondorf. Additionally, a Smash Ball appeared halfway through the first stock, so we just disregarded that match. I stayed as Ganondorf and let him choose another character, to which he chose Little Mac on the same stage (Omega Gerudo Valley). Still, the games played were good ones.

I beat PhantomTriforce 2-1. All three games were Link (me) vs Sheik (him). Our first match was fought on Green Hill Zone omega, which he won. Next was Final Destination, my victory, and finally Paper Mario omega, where I won again.

Honestly, right from the start of the first match I thought my prospects were pretty bleak. The matches were really intense and a load of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom