• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DGN Tournament 1 Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DGN Tournament! This is the sign-ups thread, and anyone can sign up between now and Thursday, October 9, at 11:59 PM EST. Below are the rules and details about this tournament.

Tournament Details
  • Tournament organizers: Fig, Krazy4Krash, Linkdude74, PhantomTriforce
  • Start date: October 10, 2014
  • Joining the tournament group is a requirement (Here is the link)
  • Optional Skype group to assist in communication between players
  • Double elimination
  • No cap on the number of players
    -If the bracket is not even, first-round byes will be random​
    -Seeds will be random​
  • Website challonge.com will be used to create the bracket
    -There will be a specific URL for every tournament (will be announced in the tournament thread)​
  • All games will be best 2 out of 3 games, with the exception of the grand finals, which will be best 3 out of 5 games
    -The player coming from the losers bracket will have to win 2 sets, while the player coming from the winners bracket will only have to win 1 set​
  • 3 days per round

Rules
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minute stock timer
  • Items are banned. Set them to off and none.
  • Set customizations to off
  • The first character selection is a blind pick (both players should select a character at the same time)
  • The first stage selection will be a random omega
  • Dave's Stupid Rule applied: you cannot counter-pick a stage you have already won on during the current set. However, if the same omega appears when choosing random omega, that is acceptable.
  • After the completion of the first game:
    1. The loser picks the stage out of the following:
      -Battlefield, Random Omega, or any Omega you choose, including Final Destination​
    2. The winner can change characters if desired. The winner must tell the loser what character he/she will be.
    3. The loser can change characters if desired. It is not required for the loser to tell the winner what character he/she will be.
    4. Both players must pick the same stage as agreed above
  • In the case of a time-out, the player with more stocks wins. If stocks are the same, then the player with less % wins. If % is the same, then a 1 stock, 3 minute game is played with the same characters and stage as a tie breaker.
  • If you get Falcon Punched, you must do 10 push-ups at the end of the game. :right:

Other Points
  • The winner must post the results in the tournament thread
    -By default, the poster is assumed right, but the opponent has 24 hours to confirm or object​
  • One of the TOs will update the Challonge bracket
  • If an opponent does not respond for setting up a time for the match for 36 hours, contact one of the TOs. We will attempt to contact the player too; if the player does not respond for another 24 hours, you will win the match by default.
  • It is advised to save matches, so in the case of a disagreement, the replays can be reviewed. The full length of the matches (which should be a maximum of 8 minutes) can now be saved. It should be possible to upload the matches from an SD card to a PC, and then send the matches as attachments to the TOs.
  • Do not overly ledge-stall to run out the timer. If you think your opponent might be doing this, send the replay to the TOs.
  • If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the winners bracket, he/she will be sent to the losers bracket. If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules in the losers bracket, he/she will be disqualified.
    Cheating qualifies as, but is not limited to:
    -"Convincing" the other player in any way to let you win
    -Letting someone else play for you
    -Glitching the game so it becomes unplayable​

Have fun and good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm in. Here's my FC, I'm sure we'll be needing to post them at some point anyways.

FC:2320-6188-3052

D

Deleted member 14134

Sign me up Scotty.
Skype is "The One Who Boks"
Friend code is 3926-5367-2459
Guess I'll have to join the group
Bye.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
4768-8256-9702

Curm better sign up for this now, I don't want to be the worst if he's not second worst ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom