• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros.Brawl Tournament 2 (sign Ups)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I was looking at the forum games when I saw a SSBB tournement, I thought this was a pretty cool idea so I asked Durion if he wanted to revive his competition.
The rules of the competition are almost the same as the rules from last game wich Durion posted some time ago (here).

you can find all of these rules here.

Here are the basic rules to start off with:

- 3 stock.
- Items are turned to off and none.
- All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
- Finals and semi-finals are best of five.
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.

Gameplay rules:

- Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned, as it allows for the brawler to be impervious to damage for as long as the brawler can correctly uphold the technique. The technique allows for the brawler to quickly attack to, and if the attack lands, they can rather quickly resume the technique.
- If both players have one life remaining, but the match is ended by a sacrificial KO (only possible by using Ganondorf's Flame Choke or Bowser's Flying Slam), the brawler that initiated the sacrificial KO is the victor, completely ignoring Sudden Death.
- Although this doesn't really matter since we have taken away the time limit, some people may stall so that the other brawler will get bored and quit (however unlikely). Chain grabbing to high amounts of damage, usually around 300%.

Set Format:

1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
2. The winner of the first game will state which stage they ban for the next match. The loser announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect
3. Repeat 2nd step for successive matches.

Stages:

Stages can be divided into 3 seperate categories; Neutral, Counter-pick and Banned. I'll try to explain what classifies stages into each category and which stages are in which categories to.

Neutral stages are the only category of stages that are available for brawling on during the first match of the round. However, several stages are classed as both Neutral and Counter-pick, but we decided to mix them into the neutral stages and counter-picks, removing the category. The points that make a stage a neutral stage are (according to t1mmy from Allisbrawl:

- Averaged sized boundaries. Therefore, the map can't be too big or too small.
- At least of solid floor of appropriate length.
- No vertical walls or solid ceilings (Against my protest :().
- No walk of ledges.
- No screen scrolling.
- No environmental damage.
- No stage elements that disrupt competitive play.

Counter-pick stages are stages that can be chosen by the loser of each the first match and the second matches of the round. From the name Counter-pick you can deduce that it is a category for the loser to try and counter against the opponent and gain the advantage in the next stage to help with the second round (Although Dave's Stupid Rule states that a person can not choose a stage that they have already won on during the same round). As there are so many variations and I don't want to have to find a list that best suites our categories, I won't post any points that classify a stage to a certain category.

Finally, the last classification is Banned. Which is clearly where a stage has been banned due to reasons such as below (Although our list doesn't completely comply with this, as these points are opinion, and we took the stage classifications from SmashWiki, which uses the official Tournament classifications).

- Contains "Walk off edges" (allowing brawlers to grab the opponent and chuck them off easily). E.g. Mario Circuit.
- Has one or more vertical walls. E.g. Shadow Moses Island.
- Excessive screen scrolling or stage transformation. E.g. Rumble Falls.
- Has major environmental damage. E.g. Luigi's Mansion.
- Has a design that encourages camping or stalling. E.g. Temple.
- Contains stage elements disruptive to gameplay. E.g. Norfair.

Not all stages go by these though as the info I am using has been taken from two different sources, so it won't completely work together. So continuing, here is the list of stages and their categories...

Neutral:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Smashville

Counter-pick:

Brinstar (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin
Delfino Plaza
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens (Melee)
Jungle Japes (Melee)
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Dive
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Banned:

75M
Big Blue (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2
New Pork City
Onett (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple (Melee)
WarioWare, Inc.
All Sample Stages.

So if you would like to join, please post your FC in this thread and I'll add you to the list. The actual tournament itself however will be made in another thread.

We only allow 16 people to sign up

Brawlers FC's:

-Durion: 4813 1491 7870 - Available all days except Wednesday nights.
-Kokirion: 2836 6931 2152 - Available all days, but because I live in The Netherlands (another time zone) I'm probably only available in the mid week for people who live in Europe, in the weekend I'm available all day
-Beeker: 4339 3435 3018 - I should be available most of the time. Weekdays I'll have to play in the late afternoon/evening, but weekends I can play whenever.

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
WOOOOOO!

I've been waiting for another tournamment to come along! Count me in! (though I don't know if I'll do any better...) Meh, whatever, it's for fun anyways!:P

Friend Code: 4339 3435 3018

Availability: I should be available most of the time. Weekdays I'll have to play in the late afternoon/evening, but weekends I can play whenever.

I can't wait for this to start! :yes:

kokirion

WOOOOOO!

I've been waiting for another tournamment to come along! Count me in! (though I don't know if I'll do any better...) Meh, whatever, it's for fun anyways!:P

Friend Code: 4339 3435 3018

Availability: I should be available most of the time. Weekdays I'll have to play in the late afternoon/evening, but weekends I can play whenever.

I can't wait for this to start! :yes:

You are in the list ;)

unfortunately, due to some technical problems, i won't be able to sign up this time. it sucks to because i (technically) won the last tournament :( oh well, good luck you guys!

C

Conde

What the hell. I'll join.

FC: 0602-5992-8124
Avalaible most of the time.

EDIT: Damn! hadn't noticed this was over a month old!

kokirion

That's not a problem, only a few people noticed it so I was planning to repost it sometime, but I'm glad some people finally signed up ;)

btw, I couldn't reply because I've been in Australia for a very long time

I'll place you in the sign up list

EDIT: for some reason I can't edit my first post..

anyway, I have to place the list of people in this post:

-Durion: 4813 1491 7870 - Available all days except Wednesday nights.
-Kokirion: 2836 6931 2152 - Available all days, but because I live in The Netherlands (another time zone) I'm probably only available in the mid week for people who live in Europe, in the weekend I'm available all day
-Beeker: 4339 3435 3018 - I should be available most of the time. Weekdays I'll have to play in the late afternoon/evening, but weekends I can play whenever.
-Conde: 0602 5992 8124 - Avalaible most of the time.
- Michael Heide: 7181 9162 8226 9574 - European time-zone, might not be available for every (not european) person during midweek

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I wouldn't mind joining, but I seriously need to start practicing again. I haven't played Brawl in a year or so. I'm in Kokirion's time zone, and my Wii code is 7181 9162 8226 9574.

One thing I'd like people to note, is that they understand all of the rules, even though I am not the host this time, it was a pain making sure that everyone was playing by the same rules last time. I'm pretty sure that some people didn't bother to read anything about the counter-pick maps...etc.

I won't be as available as I was last time, as I have A-levels to revise for, and I'm not exactly doing the best in my subjects at the minute, so I'll be rather busy at times.

J

John Galaburri

SSBB tournament

I am no doubt joining the tournament!!! :) i will totally win

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
LET ME JOIN! Please, i own XD I need to join, i've wanted to join for so long!
4597 4304 0916 GMT Time available all days, but when i go back to school I'll only be on until 10PM GMT time

First things first is this over if not my friend code is 0903-2554-6753 also what day of the week are we doing this and can two people in the same family participate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom