• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros 4 Zelda Characters

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Zelda characters have been every single Smash Brothers game to date. Anyways what Zelda characters do you want in the upcoming game and what would you want their moves to be?

Personally I want the return of Young Link, except in his Majora's Mask form. By this I mean that he can change between Deku, Goron, Zora, and normal link by hitting down B much like Zelda/Shiek and Pokemon Trainer. And for a final smash he could turn into Fierce Deity Link.

I also want Skull kid to make an appearance and maybe his final smash could be The Final Day or something and the moon crashes down.

I would also like to see Link from Majora's Mask and see him be able to switch between his different forms, as well as Skull Kid.

I think it would be nice to also see Demise and Ghirahim, I mean they have to incude at least one character from Skyward Sword.

Nintendo will not overflow a Smash Bros. game with Zelda characters. A reasonable quota for a specific franchise is four although since this is the prestigious Zelda we are talking about, the number may be raised to five. The Skull Kid will not appear for Majora's Mask by then will be a product from three generations back and he's not important enough of a character to make an appearance, certainly not the caliber of Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf.

It'd be interesting to see Ghirahim make his fighting debut as many fans have been clamoring for. His sword, magic abilities, and amazing acrobatics would lend him an excellent array of fighting moves. Seeing as how Twilight Princess was a Gamecube port for Wii and Ganondorf did not technically appear in a seventh generation installment, it'd be acceptable if he sat one out and was replaced by Demise for Super Smash Bros. 4.

Last edited:
I think they will most likely this time around add SS Link and SS Zelda to the roster and they may also include Ghirahim and possibly Demise as well.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Personally I want the return of Young Link, except in his Majora's Mask form. By this I mean that he can change between Deku, Goron, Zora, and normal link by hitting down B much like Zelda/Shiek and Pokemon Trainer. And for a final smash he could turn into Fierce Deity Link.
I'd love that, but like ALIT said, MM isnt recent enough.

Groose as an assist trophy! With the groosenator of course...launching bombs at the other team. I have assist trophies turned off in my game because I hate Resetti from animal crossing. But if they take Resetti out and replace him with Groose I'll be a happy camper. I can't see him being playable, but he would make one badass assist trophy.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
This is what I'm expecting to see in any upcoming SSB game:
TP/SS Link.
TP Zelda/Sheik.
Toon Link/Young Link.
TP Ganondorf.

And as before mentioned, Majora's Mask is a little outdated to be in SSB.
I don't see it happening.
Groose as an assist trophy! With the groosenator of course.
Actually, that's a perfect example!
It could definitely work.

Fig

The Altruist
My beliefs of the Zelda characters for the 4th installment of the series:

1. Link (Skyward Sword)
2. Zelda (Skyward Sword)
3. Ghirahim
4. Young Link (Majora's Mask)

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Note to everyone this isn't what I think or expect in the new game rather if I could add a character those are the ones it would be. I have no doubt that Ghirahim will appear

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I think that Skyward Sword Link will come. And Skyward Sword Zelda will also. And Ghirahim will appear with out a doubt. I would like to see Tails and Sonic. They should still have Gannondorf.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
And to anyone saying that Majora's Mask isn't recent enough....I counter with Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, and even Pit (SSBB came out before Kid Icarus: Uprising.)

I counter with: Unlike those titles, Zelda gets constantly updated with games such as:
The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Skyward Sword.
I have yet to see a recent game of Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, AND Ice Climbers.
You're argument is invalid.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I counter with: Unlike those titles, Zelda gets constantly updated with games such as:
The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Skyward Sword.
I have yet to see a recent game of Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, AND Ice Climbers.
You're argument is invalid.

My point was that old games don't mean that they won't be used. If you are saying that they will only use models from the latest game then yes my argument is invalid.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My point was that old games don't mean that they won't be used. If you are saying that they will only use models from the latest game then yes my argument is invalid.
True, but they have a continuous pattern of using the most recent titles of games. If by most recent meaning the only game sold, then so be it.
That's why they used Toon Link instead of Young Link.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
True, but they have a continuous pattern of using the most recent titles of games. If by most recent meaning the only game sold, then so be it.
That's why they used Toon Link instead of Young Link.

Yes, but they were practically the same character...all they were doing was updating the graphics. The characters I'm suggesting would have different moves (minus Link in his normal form)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom