• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros 4 Zelda Characters

it'd be acceptable if he sat one out and was replaced by Demise for Super Smash Bros. 4.

Noooo...! You can't replace the main villan of a franchise, that's not the Super Smash Bros. way. Besides, we have no idea when Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out (but I do know it's not anytime soon) and Zelda 3DS or Zelda Wii U will likely come out before Super Smash Bros. It's quite possible Ganondorf would be in either one or in both of those Zelda titles, so we can't really say "let's replace him" at the moment, it's too soon to say.

Anyway it's obvious Link and Zelda will be in the next Super Smash Bros. But I'm not sure on their appearance because it depends on when Zelda 3DS or Zelda Wii U comes out and if it comes out before Super Smash Bros. 4. but at the moment I reckon Link will keep his Skyward Sword look and Zelda will remain as her Twilight Princess look because she's more recognisable as a princess. And let's not forget Sheik who we just simply can't get rid of. Some people have said that Zelda's alter ego would be impa, but that really wouldn't make sense because Impa and Zelda are two completely different people. Loads of people have said Ghirahim, which is a very good idea since he seems qualified for Super Smash Bros. and hopefully Ganondorf will return with his Twilight princess look or his appearance in Zelda 3DS or Zelda Wii U, that's if he's in them that is :xd:

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
One important thing regarding characters graphical style is consistency. All the characters (plus a Toon/Young Link) should be the same graphical style. There can't be Ganondorf with his TP appearance, Link with his SS-look, and Zelda with one of them. That would be terrible. Additionally, I would consider Ganondorf too much of a series staple to be replaced and Toon Link has still been in several of the most recent instalments. Despite all this, as I've said said before on this forum, age and lack of games shouldn't be a reason to drop a character, anyway. Ice Climbers, Shiek, Lucas and R.O.B have only ever appeared in one game outside of the Smash Bros series.

The main importance on whether a character should be playable or not is influence. Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are undoubtedly the most important characters in the series. Characters such as Skull Kid, Impa and Demise are not up to par with the mains. That is more suited towards an Assist Trophy role in the game, like Tingle. Why do you think Dr. Mario was dropped out of the series? He is no where near up to the standards of the other Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser).

The perfect solution involves colour schemes. All characters have several Colour Schemes each, but Wario has a costume change. The answer for SSB4 is to make a general Adult Link character with models such as Ocarina of Time Link, Twilight Princess Link and Skyward Sword Link. Moves are the same and only changes their appearance and voice. The same can be applied for Young and Toon Link, where they have the exact same minor differences from Adult Link, but have different models from one another. The concept is hard to explain, but I believe it is an excellent idea.

To quote a response to my original telling of this idea:
Each character could have a set of costumes, like Wario. Each set could come with its own perks. This ties into your idea of customizable movesets. For example: Link could have the boomerang from Melee and the Gale Boomerang from Brawl set to Smash-B, depending on which costume he's wearing; Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, respectively. Your bomb rolling idea would be perfect for Link's SS costume. Ah, the possibilities. Hopefully, this wouldn't be hard to implement [if it's included].

Last edited:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I would think it would be cool to have Ghirahim as a playable character, The Imprisoned as a boss in something similar to the Subspace Emissary, Groose as an assist trophy, and Skyloft as one of the stages with Beedle coming around every so often so you can use his shop as a platform.

There can't be Ganondorf with his TP appearance, Link with his SS-look, and Zelda with one of them. That would be terrible.

I was only basing that off of what we know about Zelda currently. Of course that would be a terrible idea and I'm hoping a Zelda Game with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf comes out before Super Smash Bros. That's what I was trying to say.

I'm not sure on their appearance because it depends on when Zelda 3DS or Zelda Wii U comes out and if it comes out before Super Smash Bros. 4.

Last edited:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I think you are basing your ideas around Majora's Mask too much. Majora's Mask was over a decade ago and there was nothing about it in E3 this year.

I love your ideas, turning into different transformation masks and whatnot, but I think it's too unrealistic at this point. There is probably going to be Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and maybe Toon Link. I'd love to see new characters though. If your going to expect new characters they probably will be from Skyward Sword, such as Impa, or Ghirahim.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I would think it would be cool to have Ghirahim as a playable character, The Imprisoned as a boss in something similar to the Subspace Emissary, Groose as an assist trophy, and Skyloft as one of the stages with Beedle coming around every so often so you can use his shop as a platform.
All of these I agree with, only I'm not sure about Ghirahim being playable. He's only been in one game, and even though he had a big role, he's not a big enough Zelda character. They didnt include Midna in Brawl. Same concept.

Sealed Grounds would make a cool stage too, with the air geysers, and maybe the Imprisoned can come out every once in awhile and destroy the ground in the pit so you can't go there. Like the Bridge of Eldin in Brawl.

I'm not sure about Ghirahim being playable. He's only been in one game, and even though he had a big role, he's not a big enough Zelda character.

I had a debate about that reason for not having Ghirahim in Super Smash Bros. Characters that have only been in one game and don't really represent said franchise have been in Super Smash Bros. Lucario is a perfect example. He only appeared in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl at the the time Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released and he wasn't really a big enough Pokémon back then. So I don't think Excluding Ghirahim just because he was in one game is a very good reason to not include him.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I had a debate about that reason for not having Ghirahim in Super Smash Bros. Characters that have only been in one game and don't really represent said franchise have been in Super Smash Bros. Lucario is a perfect example. He only appeared in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl at the the time Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released and he wasn't really a big enough Pokémon back then. So I don't think Excluding Ghirahim just because he was in one game is a very good reason to not include him.
That's true...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Link zelda and Ganondorf should be in it since they are the three main Zelda characters

Untitled-3.jpg
They should look like they did in this OOT 3D trailer, using these designs
They should really give Ganondorf his own moveset this time though.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Good point, Ganonking. Not all designs need to come from games. Melee Ganondorf was based on the Gamecube Tech Demo and Brawl Sheik was based on Twilight Princess concept art. I don't, however, want Ganondorf's moveset to change (because it's way too awesome). What the next game should include is customisable movesets. This would let people choose a Ganondorf with or without a sword, which pleases everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom