• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Switch- A New 3D Adventure

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, with the reveal of the Nintendo Switch, we have a very exciting showcase...

A new 3D Mario is coming! And it's actually in 3D this time!

What do you guys think of this title so far, and what would you like?

It looks like this game has a mix of exploration 64 type levels, and linear galaxy levels. Which is exactly what I would like with this title!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hard to tell from the footage but I would say this was more of a proper 3D Mario like we wanted rather than another 3D world style title.

Will have to wait and see to be sure though.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I agree with Deus. When I sent back and watched clips of just the Mario pieces of the Switch reveal, I wasn't getting 3D world at all from it. I'm thinking we'll be getting a Super Mario 64/Galaxy/Sunshine game. That's what I'm hoping for.

Someone mentioned something about it being a mystery Mario game? Does anyone know anything about that?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't get why some people still refuse to recognize 3D Land/World as true 3D Mario games when they are by far the most accurate 3D transitions of the 2D games. 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1 and 2 may have come first, but they are not the one true way to do 3D Mario games. They were a nice deviation and they definitely still have a place in the series but they weren't perfect. As for this game, I hope it's a combination of both. Though, after the latest GameXplain analysis, I don't know why but I have this feeling that they might be doing away with levels and make the game one giant seamless platforming adventure.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I know right? Almost as shocking as McDonald's still selling Big Macs.
Too true. I just wish that they'd focus on some different franchises, all the Wii U ever got was a bunch of Mario games. Where's Metroid? Where's Kirby? (not to mention Zelda)

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I personally prefer the 3D-Mario games (SM64, Sunshine and the Galaxy games. 2D-land and 3D-world are not the same thing). I know they don't sell as well as the 2D ones, but I hope Nintendo can see past that and at least give us something akin to those games.

If the game isn't built on some gimmick and plays like a genuine successor to 64, Sunshine and the like, then I'm sold. I haven't paid the slightest attention to the Mario games these last few years, and I hope this can finally redeem the series.

Also, I hope that title is a just placeholder/working title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom