• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Galaxy 2

Which game is better

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Actually I prefer Super Mario Galaxy over the 2nd one because of the feel it brought and the new environement. The 2nd just played off the original, but I can see why people like it better.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Both are absolutely stellar games and, truth be told, I consider them a single game.

Galaxy 1 was a Mario game for everybody, new to the series and old timers like myself. It wasn't mind-numbingly hard, but it wasn't too easy. It was an incredible game and I loved every minute of it - I just wished it were a little bit harder. Along, then, comes Galaxy 2. In contrast, Galaxy 2 feels like a game for us, the old timers. It was brutally difficult at times and was just as wonderful as the original game.

Thus the edge goes slightly to Galaxy 2, even though they're both perfect games.

I liked them both, but Galaxy 2 for me is better. First off it had Yoshi. Second I really did like the N64 levels in Galaxy 2.

I liked the second one more myself. There levels were just better overall imo and of course Yoshi.

I liked SMG 2 better also. in fact I've hardly played the original since SMG 2 came out in June 2010.

And it certainly was more difficult, mainly four particular stars: the second crate-incinerating game (whatever it was called, lost count of how many tries it took before succeeding), the chimp's second stomp game, the chimp's second ice-skating time and of course The Perfect Run (which I think I've only completed 2 or 3 times ever).

I prefer the second one but that's because I've always been more at home with 2D installments and it follows in the vain of those. Galaxy 1 definitely had a more cinematic feel with more and better cutscenes, a larger hub world, and more expansive galaxies to explore. Galaxy 2, on the other hand, offered Yoshi for the first time in a 3D installment in nearly 10 years, an option to play as Luigi closer from the game's start, and a better difficulty gradient. Also, seeing a giant Bowser in 3D was a life dream fulfilled. I played the heck out of Galaxy 1, don't get me wrong, but Galaxy 2 seamlessly blended 2D and 3D Mario and was the precursor to Super Mario 3D Land which did so even better and cemented the existence of a third type of Mario platformer-a mixture of dimension galore.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
Galaxy 2 was better. The galaxies were crazier than the 1st game and it was a little bit more challenging. oh and did i mention theres yoshi in the game!!!!!

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
I think Super Mario Galaxy 1 made a bigger impact - it brought more new stuff to the Mario series, but I also think that the sequel improved on it in almost every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom