• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy 3?

I noticed recently that in the E3 trailer for SMG2 that there were some galaxies and images that didn't make it to the final game. Do you think they (Nintendo) still have enough ideas for a third Galaxy?

I hope not. Im hoping for a Mario without any gimmicks, not water hoses, not gravity switching, i want a new version of Super Mario 64. Retro Mushroom Kingdom Style. PLEASE.

Kybyrian

Personally I think a Super Mario Galaxy 3 would be way too much. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were good, sure, but I'd much rather see a great new idea than something reused over and over again. I love the theme of SMG, don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer not to see it over and over again. Nintendo was brilliant with the Mario series, and I know they can still make fantastic games, so why not put some of those other ideas to work and create something original instead of reusing their ideas? I wouldn't be overly displeased either way, but a newer game would be something that I'm sure we could all appreciate even more than old ideas.

Besides my idea of the retro type game, what else could they POSSIBLY do?

I have no idea >.<

I think its fun to think about though.

D

derektherock42

I'm sure they have lots of ideas for a Galaxy 3, but we're going to get tired of the Galaxy series sooner or later. They should make a new Mario where he's in the Mushroom Kingdom with 3D gameplay, which if you think about it, has never been done before. Unless you count SM64, where he's in the Mushroom Kingdom but not doing real gameplay there.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The Galaxy games are my favorite Mario games, as they perfected platforming in 3D. I don't think of the gravity as a gimmick, but rather as a necessary addition to make platforming easier and more fun.

I can see them ending the franchise, but I hope they preserve the gravity mechanic in some way in future games. Mario 64 was my favorite Mario game up until Galaxy 1, which was subsequently tied with Galaxy 2. Obviously, I'd miss the sub-franchise if it ever disappeared.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I think it'll be a good idea to have them go back to the Mushroom Kingdom and have Mario back to his stomping ways and hitting bricks again, but in a 3D world. I would like to see places from Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World come to life.

But a Galaxy 3 isn't that bad either. If they were to make a trilogy, then the third one should be fresh and have newer and better ideas so that it doesn't feel the same as the first two.

Last edited:
I think they should put the game on the 3ds if they make it, I think that itself would help it feel freeeeeeesh!! :D

Jedizora

:right:
I really hope not, as I hated the super mario galaxy seris. I can see them continuing it however; nintendo will contiue anything that makes them money(How many pokemons are there?).

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I don't think they will make a Galaxy 3. The only reason there was a Galaxy 2 was because a lot of great ideas that can be incorporated into the gravity based platforming couldn't be fit into the first game. In fact, it's out of character for a sequel at all. Is there a Super Mario 65? Super Mario Sunshine 2? I think that the next 3D mario game will have a new mechanic, something that fanboys will hate, but will actually be brilliant

Furthermore, I agree with Hanyou, that the Gravity isn't a gimmick, but in future games, it could be brought on as a gimmick/easter egg thing that you do in a mini game or something.

Heck yeah!! I wouldn't mind another one! I LOVED both Galaxies!! They are in my top Mario games of all time, how could anyone hate on these masterpieces?!? You Super Mario 64 fanboys are blinded by nostalgia.

I don't think they'll make a 3rd one though, but if they do it needs to be on Wii or it's successor, not the 3DS.

I loved Super Mario Sunshine btw. Just saying.

God no. the last thing we need is a SECOND unoriginal sequel that brought nothing new to the series (the first being SMG2)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Personally, I think that doing a Super Mario Galaxy 3 won't be a bad idea. It won't be necessary, but it won't hurt the series. Mario games do't really have a specific plot to them, just a bunch of world mushed in a game. Plus, people will buy it for sure. So I think they should do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom