• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 For Wii U

Would you want Nintendo to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 for Wii U?

• Yes, absolutely the first 2 were amazing and the HD would be groundbreaking!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Super Mario Galaxy is being overused.

• I don't really care.

• Total voters

Roy

You know, this actually happened with the Pokemon series:
Pokemon Ranger 1 and 2: Excellent! Ranger 3: TERRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF!
You're saying that this CAN'T happen to Mario?
It can, and it's likely if they make a third one.
I'm tired of this galaxy concept already, we really don't need a third one.
And I'm not a Mario "freak" so my opinions will vary.

Roys opinion
And opinions are not wrong, by the way. Everybody who posted on this thread has a opinion. its like your saying all of their opinions don't matter. but I have to agree with you on the Pokemon Ranger. The difference is is that ranger is s aide game while galaxy is a main game.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Everybody who posted on this thread has a opinion. its like your saying all of their opinions don't matter. but I have to agree with you on the Pokemon Ranger. The difference is is that ranger is s aide game while galaxy is a main game.
Right, that's what I'm saying. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, it could be absolutely true for all we know. Or maybe mine is true. Maybe someone else's is true. Who knows.
Good point, but it still can happen. Even though more thought and effort goes into main titles, I just can't see it working.
Sorry.

Roy

Right, that's what I'm saying. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, it could be absolutely true for all we know. Or maybe mine is true. Maybe someone else's is true. Who knows.
Good point, but it still can happen. Even though more thought and effort goes into main titles, I just can't see it working.
Sorry.

I like having a conversation with you. its fun. It brings out our inner thoughts. Well that was fun and by any means I was not trying to make you seem like a bad person for not liking galaxy. Everyone has their own opinion and I respect yours along with everyone else who posted.

Yes but Galaxy has many ideas to put in which is why they should make a third.

Actually I remember Nintendo saying that they achived everything they wanted in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and making a Third would be difficult.

Mario Galaxy 3 is difficult to imagine - Nintendo - Official Nintendo Magazine

"Oh, but HD!"
You seriously care about high quality graphics over gameplay?
Why?

I agree with this, too many people are depending on the Graphics then the actual gameplay and I don't think HD should be an excuse to make a game. All HD does is make the game pretty. As a Gamer, I care more about the Gamplay and other features then Graphics, I don't care what resolution it is and I don't care if the picture looks jagged, all I care about is playing the game and having fun.

we really don't need a third one.

I agree with this as well. In all honesty they didn't need a 2nd Galaxy game either.

Last edited:

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I would love to see a trilogy! Yet I want it to have a great ending. I just hope they don't remaster the original two games and rerelease them like they did with OoT.

I would like to see a new 3D Mario game, but not necessarily in the "Galaxy" format. I think they can come up with something new for the new console.

Roy

Actually I remember Nintendo saying that they achived everything they wanted in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and making a Third would be difficult.

I agree with this, too many people are depending on the Graphics then the actual gameplay and I don't think HD should be an excuse to make a game. All HD does is make the game pretty. As a Gamer, I care more about the Gamplay and other features then Graphics, I don't care what resolution it is and I don't care if the picture looks jagged, all I care about is playing the game and having fun.

I agree with this as well. In all honesty they didn't need a 2nd Galaxy game either.

1. Add Wario or Waluigi like super Mario 64 DS, and new Ideas will start flowing in.
2.Everybody knows that a Mario games have a tight sense on game-play that will make everyone fall in love with the game. Look at Super Mario World and New super Mario bros Wii for example. two different controllers, Very fun game play.
3.Did you play the first 2? were they fun?

1. Add Wario or Waluigi like super Mario 64 DS, and new Ideas will start flowing in.

Knowing Nintendo, I doubt they would do that again. besides, Waluigi is more of a party character.

Did you play the first 2? were they fun?

Yes of course I played Both of them and of course they were fun, But Super Mario Galaxy 2 wasn't as fun as Super Mario Galaxy 1 because it was practically the same game with completely new levels and power-ups. The only thing I praise about that game was the nostalgia, music and the length of the game.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, and I put it up there as the best platformer I've ever played next to (if we aren't including Mario titles) Psychonauts. The concept is beautiful, the game was beautiful, the physics were beautiful, everything about that game was gorgeous.

Of course, then came along Super Mario Galaxy 2. It was also an extremely gorgeous game, but my question is "Did it really justify a $50 purchase (assuming you got it new) if you adored the first game to death?" My answer would probably be no. It was still very exciting to play, but it felt very similar to the first game, maybe even different in a little bit of a bad way. Unlike the first game, which was designed specifically with a celestial feel (hence the galaxy part), Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt very flat, almost like Super Mario 3D Land (I haven't played the title, so I can't judge). So, a Super Mario Galaxy 3 would leave me a bit uneasy.

Now, if Nintendo was to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 more celestial than just have platforms randomly placed that you can warp to, then I'll be the happy camper I was with the first title. ^^

Roy

Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, and I put it up there as the best platformer I've ever played next to (if we aren't including Mario titles) Psychonauts. The concept is beautiful, the game was beautiful, the physics were beautiful, everything about that game was gorgeous.

Of course, then came along Super Mario Galaxy 2. It was also an extremely gorgeous game, but my question is "Did it really justify a $50 purchase (assuming you got it new) if you adored the first game to death?" My answer would probably be no. It was still very exciting to play, but it felt very similar to the first game, maybe even different in a little bit of a bad way. Unlike the first game, which was designed specifically with a celestial feel (hence the galaxy part), Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt very flat, almost like Super Mario 3D Land (I haven't played the title, so I can't judge). So, a Super Mario Galaxy 3 would leave me a bit uneasy.

Now, if Nintendo was to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 more celestial than just have platforms randomly placed that you can warp to, then I'll be the happy camper I was with the first title. ^^

I can agree with you on the price and the same game play features but What would make a galaxy game better than what it already is, is a better story. The story should include rosalina asking help from Mario because Bowser and this new Villain who could be a brand new kid of his, Or maybe all of his kids wreaking Havoc on all of the many worlds. Add all of that + the original game concept + Side quests like SMG2 and you will get a awesome game.

Roy

This game would be sexier than Axle the Beast. I think this game would be really fun. But one question, do they have the ideas for the different levels.

One good Idea for the opening scene is that Mario were to fly around the world using a Launch star so everyone can see the amazing detail put into each and every world.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
no please, just get rid of the galaxy and start another idea. I know it'll turn out just as good as a new galaxy game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom