• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Bros. Movie

This movie rocked, you guys just grew up in the wrong time period. And yea, much different from the game but you gotta think, CGI and all wasn't as good as it is now. Can you imagine them trying to stick to the video game how horrible it really would be?

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Um... the movie was OK. I didn't particularly like it, but it wasn't awful. The thing the disliked the most was "King Koopa". He looked like a moron, and he didn't fit at all with the movie. I suppose a CG-i animation at that time would have been worse, though. -.-

S

Silent Rain

I know it was terrible. But I just enjoy watching it for some reason. And it makes me laugh.. besides the weird story and strange characters.. isn't laughing and entertainment part of what makes a movie great?

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
I actually saw this movie as a kid. Back then I was really crazy about mario stuff... I had a Mario Mug, Mario suspenders, a Mario backpack and even Mario shoes. So yeah, we rented the movie on VSH once. I can't remember much from it to be honest. Perhaps my mind is blocking that memory for a reason! Yes, that explains my fear for moustaches! It all makes sense now!

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
It's one of my favorite bad movies of all time. Not terrible enough to make you cringe but bad enough that you can get a great laugh out of it even when it's not at a comedic part.

I actually enjoyed this movie. Sure it wasn't true to the source material, but what adapted film really is? Dragonball? No. Street Fighter? No. So who cares.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'd say it's a better movie than the first Transformers (haven't seen Transformers 2).

Honestly, it's bad, but it's hardly the most offensive movie I've ever seen. It has its moments. And what confounds me is that people who hate on this movie buy into a lot of the crap Hollywood sells them these days. How else do you explain the G.I. Joe and Transformers 2 Box Office numbers?

F

fallen angel

i kno alot of ppl tlk smack about it now, but i remember watching it when i was younger and i thought it was beast. it was just nice seeing something you play come to life you know?? and i know the characters didnt suit them that well, but it was nice at the time...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i kno alot of ppl tlk smack about it now, but i remember watching it when i was younger and i thought it was beast. it was just nice seeing something you play come to life you know?? and i know the characters didnt suit them that well, but it was nice at the time...

I agree that it was just jaw dropping to see a video game turned into a movie, even though looking back it wasn't a good movie.

Goombas are supposed to be little mushroom monsters (or something) and in the movie they were huge dinosaur things.

King Koopa (Bowser) is supposed to be a giant, fire breathing snapping turtle with spikes on his shell, not a T-Rex.

The main princess in the movie was Princess Daisy and there was absolutely no mention of Peach who is supposed to be the real princess of the Mushroom Kingdom.

The name of the actual place wasn't even really called the Mushroom Kingdom. King Koopa called it that because of the mushroom fungus everywhere. He said it as a joke, not because it was actually named the Mushroom Kingdom.

It's weird that the movie revolves around dinosaurs when 90% of the enemies in the video games are turtles, including the main enemies (Bowser, Koopalings, magikoopas, etc..)

The other 10% of the enemies are the Goombas and the Shy Guys and they didn't have Shy Guys in the movie and the Goombas look nothing like the actual Goombas (which I already stated).

Bob-ombs move fast, not super slow. Everyone was afraid of it which is good because it's powerful but it took FOREVER and anyone who plays the games know that those things can get some speed going.

Mario is supposed to be a super jumper and instead of making him a super jumper, they give him stupid boots that make him jump.

Luigi was the only Italian person in the whole movie and him and Mario aren't even blood related in the movie... that's not how it works...

There weren't any warp pipes (unless you count the tunnel they used to drive away in).

When Mario grabbed a mushroom, the mushroom grew, not him...

There should have been some fire power up or something. They killed it by having them use guns and plumbing tools.

It was way too technological. There is almost no technology in the Mushroom Kingdom and they had cars and computers and de-evolution rays and guns and all of this other crap they shouldn't have had.

There were no toad people. Toad was a "normal" person like everyone else which means he was a dinosaur too. I also don't remember Toad being a seemingly drug addicted person who plays music. He is a small, shy, timid, cowardly person.

That's a lot of stuff in the movie that was NOTHING like the video games. In fact, the only thing that was remotely like the video games was Yoshi. He is the only main character that IS supposed to be a dinosaur. The only messed up with him in the movie is that he was way too small. Mario is supposed to be able to ride Yoshi and they made him like the size of a small dog.

If they would have made the movie and actually tried to relate it to Super Mario Brothers, it would have been good, but it was nothing like the games other than using the same names.

It may have been a good movie if they used completely different names for everything and if it wasn't meant to be related to Mario whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom