• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario 3DS: FLUDD or No FLUDD?

To FLUDD or not to FLUDD? That is the question...

• YES THE WHOLE GAME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, one or two levels

• No...

• Total voters
I got this idea from the official nintendo magazines latest article about Super Mario Sunshine. In the comments someone said they wanted the FLUDD to reappear in SM3DS. I had a think and decided that I didnt want FLUDD for the whole game but maybe one or two levels where you use FLUDD. What do you think?

I don't really care for FLUDD. Yet I do not hate him. I wouldn't care if he was in the game or not. I share no desire for him, but at the same time I share no disdain.
Because of my neutrality, I cannot vote on the poll.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Eh, to be honest, I'd rather not have FLUDD. FLUDD was a nice idea in Sunshine, but I'd prefer that they either incorporate brand new ideas in SM3D or go to a SM64 style of gameplay.

Besides, while good at times, I just felt like using FLUDD was a bit too much of a departure from classic Mario gameplay.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
For enhanced 3DS remake of Super Mario Sunshine with 150 Shine Sprites (remember Super Mario 64 DS?) - ok.
For the brand-new Mario for the 3DS - NO.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I wouldn't mind FLUDD if he/it makes sense within context. Another summer-themed game for instance.

Otherwise I think he should stick to a cameo, if that.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I was not a fan of SMSS. The whole FLUDD thing turned me off to it. And Yoshi seemed to make little to no sense being there either. The game was good in its own way but I prefer Mario in all his platforming glory, no gimmicks like FLUDD.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Considering the FLUDD was one of the major problems I had with the ridiculously flawed game that was Super Mario Sunshine, I'd be happy if I never saw it again. I probably wouldn't buy Super Mario 3DS if it were attached to you the whole game.

As a temporary item, however, I imagine it could fit in well enough.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honsetly, I found FLUDD to be a one-time deal. Nothing in Mario seems to be permanent or return (besides the core basics), and my examples are very few ways to fly, the recorder from the third title isn't there, there are many enemies from the older titles who don't appear in the newer ones, etc.

I didn't find too many problems with FLUDD, but I find it odd that they somehow managed to use a sprayer as a plot device...

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I liked FLUDD, but it had enough time in the spotlight. It might have even stolen a little too much of Mario's time in the spotlight I don't mind a couple levels with FLUDD, but it shouldn't be the main focus of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom