• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario 3D World Discussion Thread

Salem

SICK
Of course. Thanks for the reassurance. I'm always shaky on the subject after that not being the case with New Super Mario Bros. Wii...
Infact if you noticed from the trailer, each of the characters were given solo gameplay, in fact it is possible to mix and match, It doesn't have to be Mario, Luigi Peach and then Toad, I've seen Mario and Peach but no Luigi for example. Unless Mario has to be present in 2 player mode for some reason.....

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm excited for this, I just think the title is stupid.

Now that you mention it, yeah, I think it's stupid as well. 3D World? Come on, get a better name than that! 3D Land at the very least fit for the purpose of the 3DS, but we need a more inventive - or really just a more fitting - name than 3D World.

Now that you mention it, yeah, I think it's stupid as well. 3D World? Come on, get a better name than that! 3D Land at the very least fit for the purpose of the 3DS, but we need a more inventive - or really just a more fitting - name than 3D World.
Exactly, maybe something like Super Mario World 3 I don't know. It wouldn't look right though considering the stages are based off of layouts in 3D Land.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay seriously? Nintendo release SM3DWorld on the same day as ZeldaBLT. What the what for? I don't have, and will not have, the bling to juggle Zelda, Mario, Call of Duty, and a capture card!

Salem

SICK
This game has a run button? What?

Also, I kinda hoping that there are a huge variety in the bosses, unlike in 3D Land where there's a repetition of bosses.

Last edited:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I like that they finally put Peach back in the action, and with her awesome floating ability to boot. I always played as her back in SMB2 because of this.

...What?

Anyways, it looks pretty darn fun. True, it's not at the top of my WiiU wishlist like ZeldaU or DKCR: Tropical Freeze or a proper Metroid game, but still, looks like the WiiU's version of NSMBWii. Awesome multiplayer action will ensue!

There was something about Super Mario 3D Land that had me glued. I played that game for 50 hours launch week. Maybe it was the mix of the faster 2D gameplay, which I've always preferred, with the crisp 3D visuals of a Galaxy game. I expect Super Mario 3D World to be no less satisfying. It'll be fun to try out four characters with different physics, a complaint people had in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and U. Plus, I want to try the riding segments and the doubling power up. Although I found ray and bird riding in the Galaxy games comparably difficult to most other stars, they added a lot of variety. Recently, people having been stating Ubisoft has beaten Nintendo at its own game with Rayman Legends so I hope Nintendo's proved them wrong by including some impressive gameplay features no platformer has incorporated before.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Will Rosalina be overpowered? Her spin attack blazes through enemies and getting 1UPs will be no trouble at all because of it. So, opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom